Who Needs Inspirational New Year's Resolutions?
“Is there any greater time of year than now for fitness optimism? For some, this will be the year they lose that unshakable 20 pounds. Or finally start eating right, dammit. Many others will resolve to run a marathon.”
“If you happen to be one of those brave souls who has vowed to tackle the most overhyped event in running, please, don’t. Running a marathon is a terrible fitness goal. … The healthiest runner is probably the person who never tries to race above 10K.”
– Excerpt from a Globe and Mail article urging you not to run a marathon this year.
- Wow! Clayton Murphy's not scared or resting on his laurels. He'll face Hagos G and Paul Chelimo in the 3k at NBIGP
- Suzy Favor Hamilton publishes series of nude yoga pics on Instagram: "Seen enough of me naked?"
- 2 tempos a week in base?
- Biological male dominates women's cycling race
- Are there any serious physiology-based advocates of running VERY low mileage (800)?
- Could a manmade object make it to the nearest star (not our Sun) within 500 years?
- Charles Krauthammer = Dracula
- Sad news: RIP To Former Villanova Star and NCAA Champ Frank Murphy