Quote Of The Day
“Tough justice, tennis-style. A few high-fives, the obligatory selfie with Sir Elton John, and some priceless publicity amid a blaze of Las Vegas neon. This is the savage punishment that the sport sees fit to bestow upon Maria Sharapova … At a time when Sharapova should have the decency to step away from the Caesar’s Palace arclights and take her medicine she is profiting from the exposure her presence brings. This is as much the fault of tennis as her own, by affording her the opportunity to milk her brand at non-sanctioned tournaments. A ban should mean exactly that, with all loopholes closed off. … At a time when Sharapova should be serving her time away from her sport, she is revelling in the attention lavished upon her by admirers and apologists. It is a nauseating circus, which does tennis every discredit.”
– The Independent‘s Oliver Brown bashing criticizing the fact that banned tennis star Maria Sharapova is still allowed to compete in exhibition tournaments during her ban.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2018 USA Indoor Day 1 Discussion Thread
- Kate Murphy is a duck
- Bottom-tier DI runners, do you wish you'd gone DIII?
- Michelle Jenneke -- Is this what happens when people dare to try to make a living for themselves?
- Portland Marathon gives 1st place to wrong runner
- What's the biggest office restroom faux pas?
- How should I coach elementary (3rd and 4th grade) runners?
- Rich XC Runners (or why are my teammates so rich?)
- Sorry Ladies (And Fellas): Evan Jager Is Married!