Lynsey Sharp: “Just remembered I promised myself a Chanel handbag if I won a medal.”
Andy Vernon (sarcastically): “You won a medal? You should mention it now and again.”
Sharp: “It’s not my fault cross-country doesn’t get quite as much publicity.”
Vernon: “Self-publicity isn’t quite the same. And I don’t use a drip to get my medals.”
Sharp: “Andy Vermin, I had 5ml of fluid through a drip, about the same volume as one tear I just cried looking at your performances.”
Vernon: “It’s not about who’s better. It’s about how you use Twitter. Be proud of your medal. You just don’t need to tell us every day.”
Vernon (later): “I will formally apologise to Lynsey Sharp when I see her, but for now please accept my apologies. What started as a joke got out of hand.”
– UK athletes Lynsey Sharp‘s and Andy Vernon‘s angry Twitter exchange in the wake of the Commonwealth Games, where Sharp won silver in the 800 for Scotland and Vernon was 6th in the 5,000, representing England.
Super Hot on LetsRun: WTF HAPPENED TO MARY CAIN?
- Are there any famous musicians or actors/actresses who ran fast?
- Genevieve LaCaze to be on Australian Dancing With The Stars! ??
- 2015 USA Half Marathon Qualifying Standards
- HR Just Asked Me to Stop Icing My Foot at My Desk
- 50 Fittest Athletes in the World
- Genevieve LaCaze stage bombs Kylie Minogue at the closing ceremony of the Glasgow Commonwealth Games
- "4 Minute Mile" - Have any of you seen this new movie yet?