Quote Of The Day
“Even if I was well prepared, it’s difficult to explain the exact feelings. It was a mix of apprehension, fear and determination at the same time. I remember what our president in that time, [Habib] Bourguiba, told me before I left for Mexico, ‘Bring me the gold and I will give you what you want.’ My answer was, ‘I’ll bring the gold and you’ll come with me to take it my childhood home,’ a small place in the south of Tunisia, called Sidi Aich. The desire of my mum was to see the President, and this was important for me. Both of us honored the promise, and there are no words to explain my happiness when I heard my national anthem on the top of the podium!”
– 1968 Olympic 5,000m champion Mohammed Gammoudi reflecting back on when he won his Olympic gold.
- Cory McGee to Bosshard Group
- How much fitness has Rupp lost?
- Bill Meylan is a genius -- predicts F-M girls will lose NY state meet for 1st time in 13 years by 1 point -- and they do!
- Zach Bitter is on his way running a 10:07h 100 miler
- Live Official 2018 NCAA D1 XC Regional Discussion Thread
- Man starts legal bid to change his age from 69 to 49
- Why do people jog in crowded streets downtown ?
- Loudoun Valley Boys Score 16 Today at State Meet. Is it Tinman Training?