Post 2018 New York City Marathon Podcast
November 7, 2018
LetsRun.com Track Talk is back with a special TCS New York Marathon recap show. Today’s show featured LRC staffers Weldon Johnson, Robert Johnson, and Jonathan Gault.
There certainly was a lot to talk about as on Sunday Mary Keitany put on a show, blasting a 66:58 second half and in the process recording the second fastest time ever in New York, while Lelisa Desisa also ran the second fastest time ever in the men’s race. Even though Lelisa was running historically fast for New York, he only got the victory after a thrilling, three-way battle during the final mile.
Plus, there was plenty for US fans to enjoy as four American women finished in the top seven and four American men finished in the top 10.
So check out the show below. We had a lot of fun doing it and along the way we had some fun true/false debates regarding the following topics:
- Geoffrey Kamworor’s worst race in NY was last year when he won
- The American men ran well in New York
- Jared Ward is back!
- MOLLY HUDDLE is now the favorite to win the Olympic Trials
- Bernard Lagat’s marathon debut was a success
- The NY Times Keitany headline was racist
- Scott Fauble knows he’s good – is he telling the truth? This segment even included audio from Fauble.
And much more.
If you’re looking for the thread we mentioned while discussing appearance fees, it’s here: 2018 NYC Marathon – Appearance fees. Total of $2M