Mind Over Matter
“I looked at those little guys, and thought, I can beat them. But they were really tough, so I couldn’t at first. I couldn’t even train with them. I trained by myself, and after a while I went to a half marathon, but I had to drop out. But I saw my mistakes, and I learned.”
– 41-year-old Kenyan marathoner Kenneth Mungara. Mungara was a barber to many famous marathoners until his early 30s when he decided to start running as he figured he could beat them. He ran his first marathon at 33, ran 2:07 at age 37, and this weekend won $50,000 by winning the Singapore marathon as a master.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Jordan Hasay drops out after going out over 3 hour pace
- Dick Pound suggests Triple Jump get axed from the Olympics - Seb Coe says no way (also defends race-walk)
- UNCW track - Another College Program Bites The Dust
- Maggie Vessey dumps Ray Flynn - gets two new agents - Wasserman Media Group and Hawi Keflezighi
- Even freaking MONGOLIA has a better marathoner than does the US
- 16-year old runs 13:58 in Japan!!! What's the US age 16 record?