Set Your DVRs - "Marathon Boy" Debuts On HBO On Thursday At 8 PM ET
- WSJ Reviews "Marathon Boy" Budhia Singh ran 48 marathons BEFORE the age of 5, including a 42-mile run in 93-degree heat that almost killed him.
- NBC: Thursday's HBO documentary, Marathon Boy, is worth checking out
College XC News - 2 Great Articles
- Aspiring College Journalists, Read This Well-Written Article AZ Student Newspaper Profiles The Amazing Lawi Lalang, Who Gets Tons Of Praise From Coach Li Li, who knows a thing or two about Kenyan phenoms, as he coaches Bernard Lagat, says Lalang is truly special: "I have not seen someone in college running as well as he is and I've had a lot of Olympic-level athletes over the years. He's very exceptional, this one is for real."
- Indy Star: IU Men Ran Boldly In Trying To Beat Wisco - Hoping They Would They Crack - But In The End, The Hoosiers Cracked "I wish we could be the Big Ten champions," Helmer said. "I think we could have won all but one other conference championship in the country this weekend." The Hoosiers placed seven runners ahead of Wisconsin's sixth man. If scoring had been for seven instead of five, the Badgers' margin would have been 100-120. "They're not intimidating. They're just good," IU grad student Adrien Dannemiller said. "They're ranked No. 1 in the country for a reason."
More Non-New York News
- Scientists Claim Cavemen Could Destroy Today's Atheltes In All Events "It is a widely held anthropological view that 21st century man is the worst example of physical manhood in history and that the comforts of modern life and a bewildering array of distractions have left him soft, slow and vulnerable. All the evidence points to the fact that Stone Age men would have beaten today's Olympic athletes out of sight - at everything."
- Kara Goucher Talks About Why She Left Alberto & Says Right Now She Can't Keep Up With Shalane
- Craig Virgin Gets Big Profile In St. Louis Paper & Admits He's Glad Lukas V. Couldn't Break His IL HS Record
- South Africa Says Oscar P. Must Run Qualifying Time Again Before London
- An Update on Running's Version Of The Tour De France - Japan's 8-Stage Ekiden Is Halfway Over
National Track & Field Hall Of Fame News
- Gail Devers, Maurice Greene, Vince Matthews, Clarence Demar, Bob Timmons And Craig Virgin Selected For The National Track & Field Hall Of Fame Virgin actually was selected last year but will be inducted this year. The five will be inducted into the National Track & Field Hall of Fame.
- Gail Devers Reacts To Hall Of Fame Announcement "When I initially heard, I said, 'Oh, my goodness. I wonder if that means I can't compete anymore since I've never officially retired?''' Other inductees include Olympic champion Vince Matthews, coach Bob Timmons, and seven-time Boston Marathon winner Clarence DeMar, who died in 1958.
- Excerpts From USATF Teleconference With Inductees Gail Devers, Vince Matthews And Craig Virgin
Cryotherapy Gets Examined In LA Times Only in LA (a red light district?) would people look forward to spending $70 for a 2.5 minute session.
News From The UK
- An Inside Look At Double Olympic Champ Kelly Holmes' Training Camp That Helped Produce Hannah England Holmes originally snubbed Engalnd and that snub helped motivate England. "It was gutting not to make the trip to Potchefstroom," England told insidethegames. "So I thought, 'Right, how am I going to prove myself as an athlete so Kelly does include me?'"
- Good News: UK Anti-Doping & International Cycling Union To Share Biological Passport Data
- Top Cop Admits That The Final Security Bill For London 2012 Won't Be Known Until It's Over
*Even In Recession, Police Having Tough Time In Hiring As Many Don't Want To Take Job That Might Only Last 12-18 Months
- Prime Minister David Cameron pledges support for London's bid to host the 2017 World Athletics Championships He won't be going to Monaco for the vote next week but will be sending a video message.
- Olympic Stadium Decision Won't Be Made Until After IAAF Makes Up Its Mind About 2017 www.telegraph.co.uk If London gets the big, 60,000 seats have to be kept for track. If not, a smaller track stadium may be kept.
- New Book: Fastest Men On Earth Asks "Can white guys sprint?" "Is it now a cast iron fact, at least at the elite level, that white men can't sprint?"
The Near Miss in Frankfurt: Wilson Kipsang's 2:03:42 Near World Record Leaves Athletics Kenya With A Headache For Selecting Olympic Team
*A Look At Kipsang's Rise To The Top His career took off when he started focusing on longer distances.
Halloween Action In Ireland: Geoffrey Ndungu Overcomes Rain & Wind To Sets New CR (2:08:33) Former Iona runner Sean Connolly gave up on the "A" standard of 2:15:00 after four miles as he felt flat but he did get the Irish title in 2:18.52 and the first sub-2:20 by an Irishman since 1999. *IAAF Recap Helalia Johannes of Nambia won the women's title in 2:30:35. *Linda Byrne Runs 2:36 To Win Irish Title, Qualify For Olympics
ING NYC Marathon Is Sunday: It's not too late if you want to come to the Puma LetsRun.com bash on Friday night.
- Big Lead Sports Looks At Marketing Power Of NYC Marathon They spend millions to reach 45,000 runners (maybe they should just advertise on letsrun.com instead, as we get nearly that many a day).
- LA Marathon Champ And NYC Resident Buzunesh Deba Gets A Front Page Profile In The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal Looks At When Is The Best Time To Return From Altitude Training & Focuses On Meb And NYC We swear since the WSJ NY section writes about running a lot (a lot of rich people run), the NY Times has increased its marathon coverage.
- Storm Causes Some Damage To Central Park
SEC: Arkansas Men, Vanderbilt Women Win SECs Easily Eric Fernandez and Kristen Gillespie of Arkansas got the individual crowns.
Big 10s: Ignore The Rankings, We Have A Favorite For NCAAs Wisconsin Men Win 13th-Straight Big 10 Title In Dominant Fashion The Badgers made a mockery of the rest of the Big 10 by scoring 17 points vs. a talented Indiana team. *Results *MB: Big 10 Talk
*Michigan State Women Repeat In 3rd Closest Big 10 Meet In History 55 to 61 over Michigan. *Women's Results
PAC-12s: Wetmore Works His Magic As Colorado Sweeps *Results The PAC-12 is the new super XC conference. The CU men edged Stanford, and the women, who were only picked 4th coming in in the latest LRC polls (and 6th in the national coaches polls), pulled the upset.
*Colorado AD Is Particularly Thrilled As Colorado Had Won One Game In All Sports In PAC-12 Until The XC Titles "Just what the doctor ordered," according to the AD.
*Wetmore Gives His Teams A Grades For Their Showing - Refuses To Give Out A+ Since Colorado Isn't In The Ivy League & Doesn't Practice Grade Inflation "I would give it an A and an A and that's as high as I get. This isn't Harvard," Wetmore said.
*Katie Flood Surprise Winner At PAC-12s
*Stanford's Jason Dunn Disappointed A 5th Man Didn't Step Up
*Lananna On His Young Squad: "I thought the guys did a pretty good job."
On The Boards: PAC-12 Update Thread *Craig Lutz > Lukas Verzbicas *Bad day for Hasay?
Big 12s: German Fernandez And Oklahoma State Win Men's Crowns Iowa State Wins Womens
On The Boards: GERMAN FTMFW
Heps: Princeton Men, Cornell Women Win In The Snow! Congrats to friend of LRC Artie Smith for his first conference title. And if you want to see what can be done in terms of conference coverage with almost no budget, check out this link. *Heps XC On The Boards
Big East: Villanova Men Win Convincingly, Women Edge Providence (Results)
*Marcus O'Sullivan Impressed By Men's Win: "We had an unbeatable effort today."
ACC: Florida State Women Dominate, NC State Men Edge FSU Kendra Schaaf dominated on the women's side as Ryan Hill won on the men's. *ACCs On The Boards *Kendra Schaaf is back!
West Coast Conference: Portland Pilots Amazing 32-Year Conference Win Streak Is Snapped In Year 1 Of Legit Competition - BYU 25, Portland 32 More NCAA On The Boards: BYU vs. Portland Portland's 32-year conference XC streak came to an end.
News From Or Related To The UK
- *36 Million Spent On This Incredibly Ugly Olympic Sculpture
*Fauja Singh's Relatives Level Racism Charge Against Guinness World Record People & Brits For Not Accepting 100-Year-Old's Marathon
For The Distance Junkies
- Adam Goucher Talks About His New Book You can buy it here and give little LRC a commission.
- Wejo's Former Roommate Dave Berdan, Hoping To Get Olympic Trials Qualifier In Philadelphia, Talks About Running 7:30 Pace On Easy Days
- Hannah England Gives Thanks To Kelly Holmes For Her Mental Support
- Bobby Curtis Talks To USATF About His Marathon Debut
- Bobby Curtis Blogs On His Marathon Debut
- Mo Farah And Jessica Ennis Are British Athletes Of The Year
- NY Times Looks At NYC Marathon App
Three People On The Comeback Trail Make News - Two Very Famous People & One Not (Yet?)
- Very Famous Person #1
Good News: Tyson Gay Is Now Jogging Lightly After His Hip Injury In true Gay fashion, the doctors have already told him to keep it easy as he's raring to go. The guy is THE ultimate professional. "I love it,'' Gay said of being the underdog. "It's going to keep me working hard. Look at last year: I was running basically on one leg and still running extremely fast times. I think once I'm 100 percent healthy, I shouldn't have any issues.''
- Very Famous Person #2
Athens Marathon Gold Medallist Mizuki Noguchi's Comeback Gets Big Boost As She Sets New Ekiden Stage Record Last year, Noguchi ran two races but ended up with a stress fracture - but she looks great now and is just 33.
- One Not Famous (Yet?)
Scottish Teen Guy Learmonth - "The best middle distance runner since Coe" - Is Happy To Be Back Traiing After Serious Car Crash He ran 1:48 indoors this year as an 18-year-old.
Kara Goucher To Be Coached By Jerry Schumacher At OTC Elite And Train With Shalane Flanagan And Lisa Koll
*MB: Kara Goucher Joins Schumacher's Group The rumors of the Skecher's deal appear to have been incorrect.
Matt Centrowitz's Sister Lauren Centrowitz Wins Mayor's Cup www.baa.org Princeton alum David Nightingale won the men's race for New York Athletic Club in 23:46.
Other US News
- Who Really Has The Best NCAA Cross-Country Team Of All Time? Statistical math formula calculates point totals based on teams' performances at NCAA Champs each year. Top 5 teams based on this are Wisconsin, Arkansas, Colorado, Providence, and Oregon.
- Come Here To Hear Tyson Gay Talk About His Pre-Olympic Plans On Tuesday At Noon (ET)
- Profile On Bobby Curtis And His Insomnia Problems Which Have Plagued Him For Much Of His Running Career
Sort Of Related To Running
- Spanish Prince Gives Haile G "Equivalent Of The Nobel Prize For The Spanish Speaking Countries" Haile gets it for "for his sporting and human excellence."
*5 "Heroes Of Fukushima" Also Get Award
*MB: Haile G Receives Big Award - What Do You Think Of His Outfit?
- Why Do People Hate
Ryan HallTim Tebow? If you think the openness of their faith doesn't have a lot to do with it, then you aren't very smart.
- Usain Colt Wins In England The big, leggy colt impressed.
Want To Have Cocktails With Ryan And Sara Hall? Bid On The Items In The NYRR Fall Auction The cocktails will cost you $1,450.
43 Years Ago From Tuesday, Bob Beamon Broke The Long Jump World Record By More Than 2 Feet Interesting to note that he reveals he was initially excited not because he knew it was a monster jump, but rather simply because he hadn't fouled.
For Our Friend Mike Rohl
2004 Olympic 20k Racewalk Champion Retires
Bank Of America Chicago Marathon *Results *Yahoo Photos
LRC Moses Mosop A Superstar, Liliya Shobukhova Becomes Second-Fastest Woman Ever Updated Moses Mosop dominated the final miles in Chicago after Wesley Korir tried to make it interesting. Russian Liliya Shobukhova ran 2:18:20 to become the second-fastest woman ever. American Ryan Hall ran 2:08:04 for 5th. Great for any other American marathoner, so-so for him.
LRC: Wesley Korir Impresses With 2:06:15 Second Place In Chicago The former Louisville Cardinal broke the race up with a surge at 30km. Afterwards, he revealed what he was trying to do.
Ryan Hall Says He Needs More Time At Sea Level To Work On Turnover RW
LRC Non-Quotes Of The Day From 2011 Bank Of America Chicago Marathon Hall talks about what 2:08 means, Canova talks about the world record.
LRC Quick Recap With Men's Splits: Moses Mosop Breaks Course Record At 2011 Bank Of America Chicago Marathon, Shobukhova Runs 2:18:20
2011 ING NYC Marathon Is Coming *NYRR TV Live Each Day At 11 AM ET And 8 PM ET (And On Demand Whenever) (Highlights From Wed. On Right)
- New York City Marathon May Become Two-Day Event If they do this, we hope the men run one day and the women another, as having the women finish when the men's race is being broken open always ruins the TV coverage.
- Recommended Read: Great WSJ Article Praising NYC For Ditching Pacemakers - A Runner and His ... Entourage? "Back when racing started, they didn't even time it. You hold a race, you run it from here to there, and whoever came in first, that's the winner." *MB: Discuss
- Surprise: Athletics Kenya Says 2012 Olympic Marathon Team Will Be Named After New York (Not Spring Marathons)
- NY Marathon Opening Ceremony Now Includes An Olympic-Esque Parade Of Nations
- NY Times Looks At Some Of The Greatest Moments In NYC History
- Americans Press Conference Was Tuesday (Video Highlight On Right) RRW: Top Americans At 2011 ING NYC Marathon Come From Diverse Backgrounds *Video
*ESPN New York Profiles Ed Moran, Who Grew Up In Staten Island Moran is an inspiration for all the non-super stars as he "only" ran 9:26 in HS. Sorry ladies, Moran will be getting married next week. *NYRR Article On Moran Returning Home To Staten Island For His Marathon Debut
*Quotes From The Leading American New York Runners
- Women: ESPNW: Lauren Fleshman's Biggest Fear "What happens if I have to, like, go poop?" "But my biggest fears come from things like, what happens if I have to,
like, go poop? I mean, what do you do? Really. Do you stop or do you just do it?" *MB: Fleshman NYC Prediction Thread
*Peter Gambaccini Previews The Women's NYC Marathon For ESPNW
*2011 D2 Star Sarah Porter Is Wasting No Time In Moving Up To The Marathon Thanks To Support Of Zap Fitness
*AP: Rhines Returns To Marathon After 5-Year Hiatus Rhines, who has never finished higher than 18th in 2 NYC appearances, is hoping to be "top 5 or 6" this year.
*A Brief Chat With Kim Smith
- Govt. Bureaucracy Actually Produces A Positive Outcome This Time By Order Of Law, Fred Lebow Statue Gets Moved To New York Finish Line Once Per Year No new statues were allowed in Central Park when the statue was built, so they got around the law by making a "temporary" statue, which means it must be moved each year.
- Celebs: NYC Marathon Runner Apolo Anton Ohno Admits He's Dreaming Of Olymipcs Again ... May Make Comeback For 2014 Winter Games
- Former Hocky Great Mark Messier Is Competing
- Mary Wittenberg Talks About NYRR's New Re-Brand The NYRR is now much more than the New York City marathon and road races - so much so they thought about dropping the name "road" from their title.
- NYRR Explains Its New Look *The New York Times Talks To Branding Experts About The NYRR's New Logo & Manifesto
- Kim Smith Looking To Mix It Up For Win In New York (And Have No Injury Problems)
- 30 Years Ago - Alberto Salazar Set A World's Best In The Marathon In New York (2:08:13) The course was found to be short - or was it? One man involved in the re-measurement is quoted from the LRC message board as saying: "I was involved with the re-measurement (I have all of the paper work). There were some politics involved."
- Mike Sandrock Takes Look at How Brendan Reilly & Boulder Wave Helps Turn Women Marathoners Into Stars Brendan Reilly builds careers for world-class marathoners in Boulder His latest project, former Iowa runner Diane Nukuri Johnson, is running New York this weekend. "I like to take the long-term approach," Reilly said. "You can't really expect results right after leaving college. More often than not, it takes years. The athlete, sponsor, coach and agent all have to work together, and everyone has to be patient."
- Mary Wittenberg Q&A With ESPNW *Crains: What's Mary W. Reading These Days?
- Recommended Read: Science Of Sport: The (r)evolution of the marathon: An unprecedented era A seismic shift and commercial influence.
- A Fitting Tribute: 2011 ING NYC Marathon Will Be Dedicated To Grete Waitz She and Fred Lebow are the only two people to have it dedicated to them.
- WSJ Looks At What Causes 15,000 Of 60,000 People Accepted Into ING NYC To Be DNSes Finishing a marathon is easy, getting to the start line is not.
- NY Times: Thank God The New York City Marathon Wasn't Last Weekend But Let's Look At The 4 Worst Weather Days In NY's History Sunday's forecast - 58 and sunny.
- Cartoonists Will Draw Pictures While Running 2011 Marathon
- NYRR To Bid For 2016 OTrials
News From Kenya
- Wilson Kipsang Returns Home To Low-Key Reception In Kenya We guess 2:03s are pretty common in Kenya nowadays - 4 this year alone.
- LRC Told You This Weeks Ago: Patrick Makau Is Not On Kenyan Olympic Team
- Athletics Kenya Will Spend $93,000 On Athletics Gala On Dec. 2nd
New NCAA XC Rankings
USTFCCCA Coaches Catch Up To LetsRun.com And Make Wisconsin #1, FSU Still #1 On Women's Side The LRC faithful made Wisconsin #1 last week before the Badgers' dominant Big 10 meet.
LRC National And Regional Polls Now Open Show once again you're smarter than the coaches. Voting now open.
Not Your Everyday Headlines
Gunshot At Adam Goucher's House May Have Helped Lead Him To Running Interesting read. Goucher has a new book he is promoting, which you can buy here.
Juan Manual Marquez Using Usain Bolt's Strength Coach To Bulk Up Before Manny Pacquiao Fight? We're not sure if they guy is serious or making a veiled drug accusation.
State Champion Goat Tests Positive For PEDs In Colorado www.npr.org Of course the owners are claiming sabotage.
Frankfurt: Oh-So-Close: 2:03:42 - Wilson Kipsang's World Record Assault Comes Up Just Short IAAF The world of marathoning continues to be simply amazing
on the men's side.
*AP Recap Levy Matebo was second (2:05:16) and Albert Matebor third (2:05:25) as the women's CR was broken by Mamitu Daska (2:21:59).
Pre-Race: Last Year's 2:04:57 Course Record Holder Wilson Kipsang Says World Record Can Fall At Sunday's BMW Frankfurt Marathon Kipsang may be getting a bit ahead of himself, but he's very good. More on Kipsang here.
Trying To Inspire The Next Generation
Monday's Quote Of The Day: "Who did I beat? I beat the demons within me." - Billy Mills in a Washington Post profile. Good read.
Gary Reed hopes to bring track back to life Vancouver Sun "I don't know that a lot of people want to admit that, but I know it's dying. The next generation is really struggling. The numbers from junior to senior are falling off like crazy and I, as someone who got my whole life from track, would love to leave the sport better off than what I found it."
More Weekend Action
UK: Leonard Komon Goes Out In 4:12 In 10-Mile World Record Attempt - Blows Up & Comes Up Short At Bupa Great South Run The man who missed Geb's WR (44:23) by just 4 seconds last month ended up winning in 46:18 as Alistair Cragg was third in 47:14. Asselefech Mergia won the women's race in 52:55.
Pre-Race: Leonard Komon Going For Gebrselassie's 10 Mile Record At This Weekend's Bupa Great Run
LA: 4 Weeks After Running 1:12:23, Deena Kastor Runs 1:11:48 But Was Hoping To Run A Minute Faster
Spain: Marta Dominguez Wins 1st Race Back Since Doping Arrest & Clearance
Kenya: 2:10:54 Wins Debutante $15,000 At Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon Meanwhile, 32-year-old Margaret Toroitich, who has an 18-year-old daughter, won the women's race in 2:30. *Video Highlights
DC: Lieutenant Chad Ware Runs Wins In Fastest Time In 14 Years (2:19) - Just Misses Olympic Trials Time The former Butler runner is aiming for WCAP as well as a career as a chaplain in the military. *Video
Dublin (Monday): Former Iona Runner Sean Connolly Hoping To Be Beijing Bound If He Can Break 2:15:00 In Monday's Dublin Marathon He competes for Ireland.
In 2 Weeks: Get The Gorilla 5k XC Race (Central Park Track Club Vs. The Garden State Track Club) Looks like a cool road race in the Northeast from some LRCers.
3 Recommended Reads From The Marine Corps Marathon
- Washington Post Columnist Mike Wise Writes Column On Billy Mills' Magnificent Olympic 10,000-Meter Win
- Wounded Warriors Practice True "Semper Fi" In Marine Corps Marathon
- Two-Time Marine Corps Champ & Local DC Legend Darrell General Running Marine Corps Marathon At Age 45 In Honor Of Deceased Brother "Once I cross the line, it's release. It's not going to change a lot of
things, but it's going to be the next step in saying, 'I have to accept
what it is and move on.'" He ended up running 2:48.
- A 4th Unrelated Recommended Read: Nikki Hamblin's Old Coach Rips Pampered & Spoiled Athletes & How Poorly They Treat Their Coaches "She was prepared to train hard. That meant working full-time to get to Europe for the first time. She was prepared to invest thousands of dollars of her own money to pay for the trip before being reimbursed. Now you've got a situation where she acts as she wants; a prima donna out of control who has sacked another coach."
Pan Am Games *Schedule/Results *Free Live Video
Sunday: Pan-Am Games Conclude: Patrick Rizzo Runs Time He Wanted In Marathon (2:21) But Is 8th In Pan Am Games As 19-Year-Old Steals Show
*Jamaican Journalist Take #1: Were the Pan-Am Games really worth it?
*Jamaican Journalist Take #2: I leave with memories that will "remain with me for the rest of my life."
*Jamacian Track Coach Says Team Exceeded Expectations With 5 Medals
Dayron Robles Gets Pan Am Gold In 13.10
Result: Sara Hall Gets Steeple Gold Tyler Mulder, Mark Wieczorek 4th and 5th in 800. On The Boards: Congrats to Sara Hall for Pan Am Gold in the Steeple
Thursday: Omar Cisneros Runs 47.99 To Win Pan Am Gold Over Felix Sanchez Sanchez was emotional afterwards and broke down into tears. Marilson Dos Santos won the 10k easily and former Stanford runner Malindi Elmore got a bronze at 1,500m.
Wednesday: *Costa Rica's Nery Brenes 44.65 Gold In 400m Is Only Costa Rica's 2nd Track Medal Ever At Pan Ams
Olympic LJ Champ Druggie Maurren Maggi Jumps 6.94 To Become 3-Time Champ
Good News: Meb Yesterday, Usain Today
Usain Bolt And New Puma Faas Line Credited For Boosting Puma's Earnings In Quarterly Earnings Report Wait until the boost Puma gets from the LetsRun.com Puma Faas Challenge (Puma is giving away 100 pairs of FAAS shoes to LetsRun.com visitors to prove how good they are).
Skechers CEO Mentions Meb Keflezighi On Quarterly Conference Call
Recommended Read: UK's Olympic 200m Silver Medalist (4 X 1 Gold Medalist) Darren Campbell Talks About Being Offered Drugs During His Career And His Ill Feelings Towards Dwain Chambers Like us, he supports lifetime bans, but thinks Chambers should be allowed to race Olympics. He says, "At what point does the sport decide enough is enough? People are still saying, 'should it be a life ban, should it be two years?' For me, it's got to be life. You can't rob the sport, then come back to the sport, that don't make sense."
Want To Use The Internet At The London Games? It'll Cost You $150 A Month The media are pretty angry about this.
4 Recommended Reads
- Meet Notre Dame's And New Mexico's 1st Sub-4 Miler, Chuck Aragon Amazingly, Chuck, who broke 4 within 6 weeks of moving to the mile, still has the ND 1,500 record from the 1970s. His daughter Alexa runs for the Irish currently.
- Famed Physio Gerard Hartmann Is Coming Out With An Autobiography This Week The book is just as much about the stars he treats - Radcliffe, Bono, Travolta, Wejo - as it is about Hartmann. The Wejo bit is a joke, but he did visit him in 2002. *Amazon: Born To Perform: How Sport Has Shaped My Life
- Runners Tribe Interviews Coach/Agent Nic Bideau, Who Has 9 Athletes With A Qualifiers Nic rips the IAAF for not the new women's world record and Athletics Australia for not sending B qualifiers to Daegu.
- Meet Marathon Man Michael Wardian, Who Is An Olympic Trials Qualifier & Has Run 225 Races In The Last 5 Years & Trains On A Treadmill While Babysitting His Kids
An Interesting Debate: Appearance Fees Vs. Prize Money David Powell: "There may be some Utopian merit in the idea of dispensing with appearance fees and moving all the cash into prize money, but it's a fantasy notion. It's never going to happen as a rule of law. That may be stating the obvious but it needs to be said as a precursor to discussing the benefits, or otherwise, of theoretically eliminating fees."
- NEW YORK CITY MARATHON FINALIZES ELITE FIELD World Champs bronze medalist Feyisa Lelisa, two-time European Champs medalist Inga Abitova and the third-fastest half marathoner of all time, Mathew Kisorio (debut), have been added to the field.
- Lauren Fleshman: "When you've never done a marathon, it is scary as s%#!"
- Catching Up With Lauren Fleshman And Jen Rhines Before NYC Marathon
2 Weeks In Review
LRC Weeks That Were: Ryan Hall Criticism, Canadian Marathoners, E. Dibaba's Stunning Marathon Debut, College XC And More We dig deep and look at Ryan Hall's performance in Chicago, his spat with Phil Hersh, give praise to Ejegayehu Dibaba for her excellent marathon debut, give some props to Reid Coolsaet, discuss a little NCAA XC and let you wish you were born in Kenya.
Lauren Fleshman, Jen Rhines, Ed Moran, Bobby Curtis And More
LRC NCAA Polls Open
LetsRun.com NCAA National And Regional Polls Open Tell us who the top 10 teams are in the country and who the will make nationals in each region.
Week In Review
LRC Week That Was: Wilson Kipsang's Near Miss, US Men's Marathoners Vs. Frankfurt, Mark Wetmore And CU At PAC-12s And The Wisconsin Men At Big 10s We take at look at Wilson Kipsang's near world record run in Frankfurt, discuss how the entire history of US men's marathoning was eclipsed in Frankfurt and then turn to a discussion of NCAA XC action.
Wilson Kipsang Just Misses World Record (And Coolest Finish Of A Marathon We've Seen)
Thankfully, Track And Field Is On Live TV Somewhere (Sara Hall's Pan Am Gold From Mexico)
Week In Review
LRC Week That Was: Kisorio's Marathon Debut, Age Cheating, Marion Jones And More We go around the world to tell you what happened in the running world. And we take a look at Matthew Kisorio's marathon debut in NYC.
Tuesday's Pan Am Games 100m Final
Affirmative Action Comes To Running
November's Kass Marathon In Kenya To Have Special Prize Purse For Foreigners Despite many races excluding Kenyans from prize money, this marathon in Kenya wants some good foreigners to show up.
More Kenyan News: Athletics Kenya Adopts New Constitution
- Britain's Young Discus Star Lawrence Okoye Supports UK's Bid For 2017 Worlds
- Veronica Campbell-Brown Supports Doha's Bid For The 2017 Worlds Qatar has more cash than London for athlete ambassadors, we bet.
- Khalid Khannouchi To Be Ambassador For Delhi Half Marathon Next Month
- We Are "Very Supportive Of Tougher Penalties" On Drugs Cheats, Claims USOC Chief Says that the issue with LaShawn Merritt was never an attack on the IOC.
- Athletes At Pan-Am Games Warned To Watch What They Eat/Drink Because Could Accidentally Ingest Steroids
- WADA Director Says Lifetime Bans Not Enforceable
- Australia Records Huge Spike In Doping Cases Possibly caused by stimulant contained in many energy drinks.
Training Corner (More In The Training Forum)
- Anyone else run hard workouts in the very-early morning?
- Stitches, breathing, and racing
- Anyone ever made a comeback after something serious (cancer)?
- I lost the spark between me and running
- How to develop speed endurance
- Good Read: Blog From Scott Overall About His Transition From Track To Marathon And His 2:10:55 Debut At Berlin
- Radcliffe Shifts Olympic Training To The High Altitude Of Iten
*Paula Radcliffe 6-1 To Win London 2012 Marathon Gold
- World Champ Mo Farah Named European Athletes Of The Year Mariya Savinova was chosen for the women.
BMW Berlin Marathon Photos! Makau Takes Geb's World Record
Galen Rupp 26:48!!!
Simpson Gets Gold (International Visitors Click Here)
Ezekiel Kemboi Wins And Has The Greatest Celebration Ever (International Visitors Click Here)
A Scintillating Men's 10,000 Finish (US Visitors Only)
Train Smarter (More In The Training Forum)
- Lydiard vs magill vs malmo for summer cross country training
- Couple questions about summer training?
- Peter Snell Interview and his thoughts on Lydiard training
- Sprinter to Distance : My quest to run sub 2
Universal Sports Back To Top