PAC-12s: Wetmore Works His Magic As Colorado Sweeps *Results The PAC-12 is the new super XC conference. The CU men edged Stanford, and the women, who were only picked 4th coming in in the latest LRC polls
(and 6th in the national coaches polls), pulled the upset.
*Katie Flood Surprise Winner At PAC-12s
*Stanford's Jason Dunn Disappointed A 5th Man Didn't Step Up
*Lananna On His Young Squad: "I thought the guys did a pretty good job."
On The Boards: PAC-12 Update Thread *Craig Lutz > Lukas Verzbicas *Bad day for Hasay?
Big 12s: German Fernandez And Oklahoma State Win Men's Crowns, Iowa State Wins Womens
On The Boards: GERMAN FTMFW
Heps: Princeton Men, Cornell Women Win In The Snow! Congrats to friend of LRC Artie Smith for his first conference title. And if you want to see what can be done in terms of conference coverage with almost no budget, check out this link. *Heps XC On The Boards
Big East: Villanova Men Win Convincingly, Women Edge Providence
ACC: Florida State Women Dominate, NC State Men Edge FSU Kendra Schaaf dominated on the women's side as Ryan Hill won on the men's. *ACCs On The Boards *Kendra Schaaf is back!
More NCAA On The Boards: BYU vs. Portland Portland's 32-year conference XC streak came to an end.
For The Distance Junkies
- Adam Goucher Talks About His New Book You can buy it here and give little LRC a commission.
- Wejo's Former Roommate Dave Berdan, Hoping To Get Olympic Trials Qualifier In Philadelphia, Talks About Running 7:30 Pace On Easy Days
- Hannah England Gives Thanks To Kelly Holmes For Her Mental Support
- Bobby Curtis Talks To USATF About His Marathon Debut
- Bobby Curtis Blogs On His Marathon Debut
- Mo Farah And Jessica Ennis Are British Athletes Of The Year
- NY Times Looks At NYC Marathon App
It's October, But Brits Are Thinking Of London 2012
- Jamie Baulch Believes Martyn Rooney Can Run Under 44.3 In 400m
- 19-Year-Old British Discus Record Holder Lawrence Okoye, Who Didn't Make Worlds Team, Defers Spot At Oxford To Focus On London 2012 We know nothing about the discus but say watch out for this guy.
- 20-Year-Old Charlotte Purdue Wants To Make Olympic Team In 10,000 (She's Got A 32:36 PR) BBC
Three People On The Comeback Trail Make News - Two Very Famous People & One Not (Yet?)
- Very Famous Person #1
Good News: Tyson Gay Is Now Jogging Lightly After His Hip Injury In true Gay fashion, the doctors have already told him to keep it easy as he's raring to go. The guy is THE ultimate professional. "I love it,'' Gay said of being the underdog. "It's going to keep me working hard. Look at last year: I was running basically on one leg and still running extremely fast times. I think once I'm 100 percent healthy, I shouldn't have any issues.''
- Very Famous Person #2
Athens Marathon Gold Medallist Mizuki Noguchi's Comeback Gets Big Boost As She Sets New Ekiden Stage Record Last year, Noguchi ran two races but ended up with a stress fracture - but she looks great now and is just 33.
- One Not Famous (Yet?)
Scottish Teen Guy Learmonth - "The best middle distance runner since Coe" - Is Happy To Be Back Traiing After Serious Car Crash He ran 1:48 indoors this year as an 18-year-old.
On Speed Doesn't Work For Sprinters Either
Martyn Rooney Hoping To Rebound From Subpar 2011 That Resulted From Him Focusing On His Speed Rooney was 6th in Beijing but didn't make the Daegu final.
London 2017 World Championships Bid Gains Momentum
- London 2017 Big Gets Boost From Survey Saying It Is Best Sporting Destination Guaranteed To Provide The Highest Return And Media Profile For Sponsors
- Legend Edwin Moses Joins London 2017 Bid
More News From The UK
- London Shows Off 2012 Athletes Village
- Jemma Simpson Fails In Lottery Funding Cut Appeal
Kenya's Biggest Marathon Is This Weekend
- 18 Politicians (Members Of Parliament) To Participate In Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon
- Commonwealth Games Marathon Champion Irene Jerotich Will Run She's a two-time champ in Nairobi as well.
- Marta Dominguez To Run Road Race This Weekend In Her First Race Since Operation Galgo, Childbirth She was the steeplechase champ in 2009.
- Molly Huddle Wishes She Could Run A Mile With Oprah
- If He Can Run Faster, Drug Cheat Rashid Ramzi Will Compete In London Maybe he's running slower since he's no longer on the sauce.
- Update On Hansons And Dot McMahan In Detroit Free Press
Tyson Gay, Usain Bolt, Sprint News
- On ESPN Chat, Tyson Gay Says He Hopes To Be Competing By February
- Tyson Gay Says Titans Running Back Chris Johnson Would Run 10-10.3 In The 100m
- Digicell Contest Winners In Jamaica Winner Dinner With Usain Bolt At His Restaurant Tracks And Records We had no idea Bolt had a restaurant but wish it had a better name.
- Borlée Twins Trekking Across Icelandic Glacier With 4 X 400 Teammates In Bonding Exercise BBC
- Edwin Moses Backs London for 2017 Worlds
If Only The IAAF Was Half This Strenuous In Accepting Kenyan Age Group Records
Guinness Won't Record 100-Year-Old's Marathon As Oldest-Ever World Record As He Can't Produce A Birth Certificate His passport and a letter from the Indian govt. saying there were not birth certificates in 1911 won't suffice. And yet nearly every week, a new teen Kenyan emerges.
From Humble Beginnings, Steepler Travis Mahoney Is Now An Olympic Hopeful The Temple star, who admits he was very "immature" in HS, can't believe it but it's true and he is redshirting to focus on an Olympic bid.
News From Europe
- Recommended Read: Olympic 200m Silver Medallist Darren Campbell Tells How He Was Repeatedly Offered Drugs But Always Turned It Down The guy actually quit the sport as a youngster as he didn't want to dope. A MUST read.
- 4th Placer In Steeple - Bouabdellah Tahri - Says He Was Only 80% Fit In Daegu Due To Injury But Is Pumped For London 2012 After Having Surgery
- Former Olympic Bronze Medallist Kelly Sotherton To Return To Heptathlon For London 2012 Recently, she had been focusing on the 400H. *Reuters *Athletics Weekly
Kara Goucher To Be Coached By Jerry Schumacher At OTC Elite And Train With Shalane Flanagan And Lisa Koll
*MB: Kara Goucher Joins Schumacher's Group The rumors of the Skecher's deal appear to have been incorrect.
Matt Centrowitz's Sister Lauren Centrowitz Wins Mayor's Cup www.baa.org Princeton alum David Nightingale won the men's race for New York Athletic Club in 23:46.
Other US News
- Who Really Has The Best NCAA Cross-Country Team Of All Time? Statistical math formula calculates point totals based on teams' performances at NCAA Champs each year. Top 5 teams based on this are Wisconsin, Arkansas, Colorado, Providence, and Oregon.
- Come Here To Hear Tyson Gay Talk About His Pre-Olympic Plans On Tuesday At Noon (ET)
- Profile On Bobby Curtis And His Insomnia Problems Which Have Plagued Him For Much Of His Running Career
Sort Of Related To Running
- Spanish Prince Gives Haile G "Equivalent Of The Nobel Prize For The Spanish Speaking Countries" Haile gets it for "for his sporting and human excellence."
*5 "Heroes Of Fukushima" Also Get Award
*MB: Haile G Receives Big Award - What Do You Think Of His Outfit?
- Why Do People Hate
Ryan HallTim Tebow? If you think the openness of their faith doesn't have a lot to do with it, then you aren't very smart.
- Usain Colt Wins In England The big, leggy colt impressed.
Want To Have Cocktails With Ryan And Sara Hall? Bid On The Items In The NYRR Fall Auction The cocktails will cost you $1,450.
43 Years Ago From Tuesday, Bob Beamon Broke The Long Jump World Record By More Than 2 Feet Interesting to note that he reveals he was initially excited not because he knew it was a monster jump, but rather simply because he hadn't fouled.
For Our Friend Mike Rohl
2004 Olympic 20k Racewalk Champion Retires
Today's Sign Of The Apocalypse *Discuss
Marion Jones To Represent The US State Department Abroad Respected Olympic writer Alan Abrahmson said it best: "Marion
Jones is a liar." She apparently continues to manipulate us all if the State Department somehow thought she was
what's best about America.
*On The Boards: This is Not a Joke: Marion Jones to Represent US State Deparment Internationally
NYC Marathon Is November 6th
- Brief Chat With Mary Keitany On the subject of women's WRs, she said she wasn't sure if Paula's 2:15 should be the WR, but said, "I do think is that to have a male pacemaker running in front of you makes a huge difference when you are looking to run that fast. You cannot get a woman to pace like that."
- "Kim Smith Looks Strong Ahead Of NYC Marathon"
- Hockey Hall Of Famer Mark Messier To Run NYC Marathon
Marathon Olympic Trials Are January 14th; Track Starts June 21st
- Event Timetables Announced For 2012 US Olympic Trials The 10,000/5,000 double is very easy to do, as is the 800/1,500. Barringer fans, the 1,500/steeple isn't really possible.
*OTs Begin June 21 On The Nike Campus With The Hammer Throw
- Ryan Hall Will NOT Be Asking Training Advice From The LetsRun.com Message Boards Go to about 4:40 into this video.
- Brett Gotcher Is "Gathering Momentum" As Marathon Training Begins
Chicago Marathon Mom Generating Headlines
Writer Reflects On Having To Interview Chicago Marathon Mom "What prompted her to run a marathon at nearly 39 weeks pregnant? Speculation was rampant, but to me, it seemed like Miller ran because that's what she does. She runs. This was neither her first pregnancy, her first marathon, nor her first pregnant marathon.
As a local physician told me later that day, 'I don't think she's crazy ... it sounds like she's an elite athlete to be able to run that many miles
this late in pregnancy.'"
*Time Magazine Investigates: Is It A Bad Idea To Run A Marathon While Pregnant?
*MB: Amazing--woman gives birth after completing Chicago Marathon?!?
Bank Of America Chicago Marathon *Results *Yahoo Photos
LRC Moses Mosop A Superstar, Liliya Shobukhova Becomes Second-Fastest Woman Ever Updated Moses Mosop dominated the final miles in Chicago after Wesley Korir tried to make it interesting. Russian Liliya Shobukhova ran 2:18:20 to become the second-fastest woman ever. American Ryan Hall ran 2:08:04 for 5th. Great for any other American marathoner, so-so for him.
LRC: Wesley Korir Impresses With 2:06:15 Second Place In Chicago The former Louisville Cardinal broke the race up with a surge at 30km. Afterwards, he revealed what he was trying to do.
Ryan Hall Says He Needs More Time At Sea Level To Work On Turnover RW
LRC Non-Quotes Of The Day From 2011 Bank Of America Chicago Marathon Hall talks about what 2:08 means, Canova talks about the world record.
LRC Quick Recap With Men's Splits: Moses Mosop Breaks Course Record At 2011 Bank Of America Chicago Marathon, Shobukhova Runs 2:18:20
Sunday *Frankfurt Stream 5:00am Eastern (61:50 Pace For Halfway)
Frankfurt: Oh So Close: 2:03:42 - Wilson Kipsang's World Record Assault Comes Up Just Short IAAF The world of marathoning continues to be simply amazing on the men's side.
*AP Recap Levy Matebo was second (2:05:16) and Albert Matebor third (2:05:25) as the women's CR was broken byto Mamitu Daska (2:21:59).
Pre-Race: Last Year's 2:04:57 Course Record Holder Wilson Kipsang Says World Record Can Fall At Sunday's BMW Frankfurt Marathon Kipsang may be getting a bit ahead of himself, but he's very good. More on Kipsang here.
UK: Leonard Komon Going For Gebrselassie's 10 Mile Record At This Weekend's Bupa Great Run
In 2 Weeks: Get The Gorilla 5k XC Race (Central Park Track Club Vs. The Garden State Track Club) Looks like a cool road race in the Northeast from some LRCers.
Pan Am Games *Schedule/Results *Free Live Video *News
Dayron Robles Gets Pan Am Gold In 13.10
Result: Sara Hall Gets Steeple Gold Tyler Mulder, Mark Wieczorek 4th and 5th in 800. On The Boards: Congrats to Sara Hall for Pan Am Gold in the Steeple
Thursday: Omar Cisneros Runs 47.99 To Win Pan Am Gold Over Felix Sanchez Sanchez was emotional afterwards and broke down into tears. Marilson Dos Santos won the 10k easily and former Stanford runner Malindi Elmore got a bronze at 1,500m.
Wednesday: *Costa Rica's Nery Brenes 44.65 Gold In 400m Is Only Costa Rica's 2nd Track Medal Ever At Pan Ams
Olympic LJ Champ Druggie Maurren Maggi Jumps 6.94 To Become 3-Time Champ
Good News: Meb Yesterday, Usain Today
Usain Bolt And New Puma Faas Line Credited For Boosting Puma's Earnings In Quarterly Earnings Report Wait until the boost Puma gets from the LetsRun.com Puma Faas Challenge (Puma is giving away 100 pairs of FAAS shoes to LetsRun.com visitors to prove how good they are).
Skechers CEO Mentions Meb Keflezighi On Quarterly Conference Call
Dublin On Halloween, And Then NYC Next Sunday
Dublin: 2:08 Course Record Holder Moses Kangogo Kibet Is Back For Monday's Dublin Marathon (Which Is On Halloween)
NYC: Lengthy Profile On Defending Champ Gebre Gebremariam Friend of LRC, Sabrina Yohannes, went to Gebremariam's home in Ethiopia and did a piece on him for Running Times.
*5 Things You Should Know About Defending Champ Gebre Gebremariam nyrrmedia.org
*3-Time Comrades Ultramarathon Champ Stephen Muzhingi Shooting For Sub-2:12 In NYC
*Former Oregon Duck Shadrack Biwott Hoping For Better Things At NYC Marathon
*After 2:24 In London, Jessica Agusto Is Ready For NYC
More Pan Am Games
- Tuesday: Lerone Clarke's 10.01 Beats Kim Collins (10.04) At Pan Am Games 100m Final Clarke won the Commonwealth Games last year. Results only. Video of race on right or here.
- IAAF Day 3 Recap Rosangela Santos of Brazil won the women's 100 as Cuba's Adriana Munoz won a tactical women's 100.
- Jamaica: Leron Clarke Adds Pan Am 100m Crown To His Resume After Winning Commonwealths Last Year Jamaica's Maurice Smith (8214) was unable to retain his decathlon crown as WC bronze medallist Leonel Suarez of Cuba got the win (8373).
- Monday: IAAF Day 2 Recap Cuban Yarisley Silva upsets world champ Fabiana Murer in women's pole vault.
- Day 2 USA: 3 Field Event Medals As
BradBrandon Bethke (14:17.31) & Stephen Furst (14:21.94) Finsh Out Of Medals In 5,000 5th and 9th in the heat and altitude of Guadalajara.
- Day 1 USA: Camille Herron (2:51:29) Finishes 9th In The Women's Marathon Nothing like running a marathon at altitude (5,200 feet) and in heat.
- Adriana Aparecida Da Silva Wins Pan Am Games Women's Marathon She won in 2:36:37 at elevation in hot/sunny conditions.
- IAAF Day 1 Recap: Hometown Favorite Madai Perez, Who Skipped World Champs To Try To Win Gold, Blows Up In Marathon But Hangs On For Silver
Sympathy For British Hurdler, Who Quit Sport Saying He Must Have Eaten Contaminated Meat In South Africa, Rises 22-year-old Callum Priestley has moved on to a construction job, but his parents are still trying to clear his name.
Geoffrey Mutai Is Focused On Winning On New York - Not Letting Tight $500,000 WMM Race Distract Him "I am at peace with myself. All I want is to do well in New York. The other pieces will fall in place by themselves.
El Paso Or LA? Some Prefer El Paso
UTEP's Blessing Okagbare Is Sad To Be Leaving El Paso To Join John Smith's Group At Nike's Request In LA The Olympic bronze medallist in the LJ ended her career as the NCAA 100m champ.
Jamaican Journalists & Coaches Debate Whether Sprinters Are Born Or Made One man gives credit to something unique with the genes of the "Afrocentric stock."
A Look At The Technology That Runs Marathons
- Marine Corps Runners Can Have Updates As To How They Are Doing Posted Automatically To Facebook
- New York Fans Can Pay $2.99 To Track Up To 10 Runners Via Text
- An Inside Look At The Marine Corps Marathon Medical Tent
Yokohama - 1st Of 3 Japanese Olympic Qualifying Races - Will Take Place On Nov. 20th The field is being finalized and includes foreigners Mara Yamauchi (GBR) and Salina Kosgei (KEN).
Gérman Silva Named As Winner Of Abebe Bikila Award For Giving Back To His Community Through His Running The NYRR will honor him next weekend during its opening ceremony.
2000 Olympic 800 Gold Medallist Maria Mutola To Coach Caster Semenya Mutola has never coached before. Semenya revealed she trained on her own for the last 4 weeks before Daegu. *IAAF
"Occupy Eugene" Protesters May Make Statement At Olympic Trials One protester seemingly wants the Trials cancelled: "One Olympic Track meet ticket would feed a lot of homeless camped out here." LRC's response: "One Olympic Trials brings in a ton of cash/jobs for Eugene."
ING NYC Marathon Is Next Weekend
- Geoffrey Mutai Has Gone From Poverty And A Job As A Lumberjack To A Rich Man And NYC Favorite New York will be a great one with 2:03 marathoner Mutai racing. Plus, there will be an exclusive LRC Puma party with free booze. Stay tuned for more details or email us if you want to come.
- 58:46 Half Marathoner Matthew Kisorio Is Making His Marathon Debut In NYC
Weekend Results: Geb Rallies, Lance Crashes, And More
- Haile G Bounces Back To Win Birmingham Half Marathon In 61:29 UK's Gemma Steel won the women's race in 1:12:21.
- Lance Armstrong Crashes His Bike And Hits Head, Fading From 2nd To 23rd At XTERRA World Triathlon Champs Austria's Michael Weiss won.
- Michael Wardian - 6:40 Pace For 50 Miles
- IAAF: Helena Kirop Smashes Venice Marathon CR With 2:23:37 Ethiopia's Tadese Aredo won the men's race in 2:09:13, just 5 seconds in front of Kenya's Simon Mukun.
- New Yorker Ketema Nigusse Wins Inaugural Rock N Roll Brooklyn 10k In 29:02
- IAAF: World Youth Medallists Excel At Chinese City Games World Youth Champ Lin Qing won LJ with 7.95m.
- Bernard Waweru And Pauline Wangui Win Mt. Kenya Extreme Sports Challenge Jungle Race At 9,200 Feet Above Sea Level
Recommended Read: UK's Olympic 200m Silver Medalist (4 X 1 Gold Medalist) Darren Campbell Talks About Being Offered Drugs During His Career And His Ill Feelings Towards Dwain Chambers Like us, he supports lifetime bans, but thinks Chambers should be allowed to race Olympics. He says, "At what point does the sport decide enough is enough? People are still saying, 'should it be a life ban, should it be two years?' For me, it's got to be life. You can't rob the sport, then come back to the sport, that don't make sense."
Want To Use The Internet At The London Games? It'll Cost You $150 A Month The media are pretty angry about this.
4 Recommended Reads
- Meet Notre Dame's And New Mexico's 1st Sub-4 Miler, Chuck Aragon Amazingly, Chuck, who broke 4 within 6 weeks of moving to the mile, still has the ND 1,500 record from the 1970s. His daughter Alexa runs for the Irish currently.
- Famed Physio Gerard Hartmann Is Coming Out With An Autobiography This Week The book is just as much about the stars he treats - Radcliffe, Bono, Travolta, Wejo - as it is about Hartmann. The Wejo bit is a joke, but he did visit him in 2002. *Amazon: Born To Perform: How Sport Has Shaped My Life
- Runners Tribe Interviews Coach/Agent Nic Bideau, Who Has 9 Athletes With A Qualifiers Nic rips the IAAF for not the new women's world record and Athletics Australia for not sending B qualifiers to Daegu.
- Meet Marathon Man Michael Wardian, Who Is An Olympic Trials Qualifier & Has Run 225 Races In The Last 5 Years & Trains On A Treadmill While Babysitting His Kids
An Interesting Debate: Appearance Fees Vs. Prize Money David Powell: "There may be some Utopian merit in the idea of dispensing with appearance fees and moving all the cash into prize money, but it's a fantasy notion. It's never going to happen as a rule of law. That may be stating the obvious but it needs to be said as a precursor to discussing the benefits, or otherwise, of theoretically eliminating fees."
- NEW YORK CITY MARATHON FINALIZES ELITE FIELD World Champs bronze medalist Feyisa Lelisa, two-time European Champs medalist Inga Abitova and the third-fastest half marathoner of all time, Mathew Kisorio (debut), have been added to the field.
- Lauren Fleshman: "When you've never done a marathon, it is scary as s%#!"
- Catching Up With Lauren Fleshman And Jen Rhines Before NYC Marathon
2 Weeks In Review
LRC Weeks That Were: Ryan Hall Criticism, Canadian Marathoners, E. Dibaba's Stunning Marathon Debut, College XC And More We dig deep and look at Ryan Hall's performance in Chicago, his spat with Phil Hersh, give praise to Ejegayehu Dibaba for her excellent marathon debut, give some props to Reid Coolsaet, discuss a little NCAA XC and let you wish you were born in Kenya.
Worthy Of Praise
Amby Burfoot Honored With George Hirsch Journalism Award Burfoot is a former Boston Marathon champ and long time RW editor.
Good Read: Amby Burfoot Talks About His Writing And Running Career Times have definitely changed. "I knew a few guys who couldn't break 3:00 in the marathon and I just couldn't even imagine how anyone could possibly be that slow."
LRC Hero 80-Year-Old Ed Whitlock Runs 3:15:54 Marathon His run got lost in the hoopla of 100-year-old Fauja Singh finishing in Toronto but we're more impressed with Ed. Besides, our favorite 100 (or 94) year-old marathoner was Buster Martin, who smoked and drank on the course.
On The Boards: 3:15:54 for Ed Whitlock!
*LRCer Creates Ed Whitlock Facebook Page
Scotiabank Toronto Marathon Gives Koren Yal $25,000 Bonus For Tying Course Record Technically, she was due $0 since she didn't break the record, but they gave her $25k instead of $35k for the tie.
NCAA Ranking Shake-Up
Florida State Goes To #1, Washington Jumps From 24 To #2, Vanderbilt Goes From Unranked To #3 The men's side did not change as much.
Disagree? LRC XC Polls Now Open Tell us who is the top in the country and each conference.
Time To Start Getting Ready For 2011 ING NYC
NY Times Looks At The Impact The Olympic Marathon Trials Has On The NYC Marathon Field And On Marathoners' Bank Accounts Ryan Hall has some interesting comments: "It's a huge issue. It's kind of a bummer. I love the Olympics, but we take huge (financial) hits to run in the Olympics."
On The Boards: Does Ryan Hall Take a Hit Running in the Olympics? We say short-term, yes; long-term, no.
Lauren Fleshmen Tired From Marathon Training "Today's illumination is that marathon training makes me brain dead after 8pm, making it very difficult to write a meaningful blog."
*Ed Moran Talks About His Upcoming Marathon Debut In New York Note to others: Training for the marathon often will do wonders for your track credentials.
*Kim Smith Wins ING Hartford Half Marathon In 1:11:18 Little more than a training run for Smith, who ran 67:11.
*Running Doc Lists The Only 4 Injuries That Should Prevent You From Starting A Marathon
Occupy UK Athletics? Even In The More Socialistic Europe, The Rich Get Richer
- World Champs Mo Farah & Dai Greene Are Among The 87 Athletes Receiving $87,700 From British Govt. To Train For London The plastic Brit, Tiffany Porter, also is getting full funding.
- Meanwhile, Former Olympic Bronze Medallist Kelly Sotherton Gets Zero Funding
- Olympic HJ Silver Medallist Germaine Mason Also Gets Snubbed
- Mark Lewis-Francis' Funding Is Reduced
- Teenager Jodie Williams Turns Down Lottery Funding
Thankfully, Track And Field Is On Live TV Somewhere (Sara Hall's Pan Am Gold From Mexico)
Week In Review
LRC Week That Was: Kisorio's Marathon Debut, Age Cheating, Marion Jones And More We go around the world to tell you what happened in the running world. And we take a look at Matthew Kisorio's marathon debut in NYC.
Tuesday's Pan Am Games 100m Final
Affirmative Action Comes To Running
November's Kass Marathon In Kenya To Have Special Prize Purse For Foreigners Despite many races excluding Kenyans from prize money, this marathon in Kenya wants some good foreigners to show up.
More Kenyan News: Athletics Kenya Adopts New Constitution
- Britain's Young Discus Star Lawrence Okoye Supports UK's Bid For 2017 Worlds
- Veronica Campbell-Brown Supports Doha's Bid For The 2017 Worlds Qatar has more cash than London for athlete ambassadors, we bet.
- Khalid Khannouchi To Be Ambassador For Delhi Half Marathon Next Month
- We Are "Very Supportive Of Tougher Penalties" On Drugs Cheats, Claims USOC Chief Says that the issue with LaShawn Merritt was never an attack on the IOC.
- Athletes At Pan-Am Games Warned To Watch What They Eat/Drink Because Could Accidentally Ingest Steroids
- WADA Director Says Lifetime Bans Not Enforceable
- Australia Records Huge Spike In Doping Cases Possibly caused by stimulant contained in many energy drinks.
Training Corner (More In The Training Forum)
- Anyone else run hard workouts in the very-early morning?
- Stitches, breathing, and racing
- Anyone ever made a comeback after something serious (cancer)?
- I lost the spark between me and running
- How to develop speed endurance
- Good Read: Blog From Scott Overall About His Transition From Track To Marathon And His 2:10:55 Debut At Berlin
- Radcliffe Shifts Olympic Training To The High Altitude Of Iten
*Paula Radcliffe 6-1 To Win London 2012 Marathon Gold
- World Champ Mo Farah Named European Athletes Of The Year Mariya Savinova was chosen for the women.
Usain Bolt Races Jimmy Kimmel
BMW Berlin Marathon Photos! Makau Takes Geb's World Record
Galen Rupp 26:48!!!
Usain Bolt And Jamaica Get World Record (International Visitors Click Here, Post-Race Press Conf. Here)
Simpson Gets Gold (International Visitors Click Here)
Ezekiel Kemboi Wins And Has The Greatest Celebration Ever (International Visitors Click Here)
Men's 800 Final (International Visitors Click Here, Post-Race Interviews Here)
A Scintillating Men's 10,000 Finish (US Visitors Only)
Train Smarter (More In The Training Forum)
- Lydiard vs magill vs malmo for summer cross country training
- Couple questions about summer training?
- Peter Snell Interview and his thoughts on Lydiard training
- Sprinter to Distance : My quest to run sub 2
Universal Sports Back To Top