Quote Of The Day
“I didn’t know enough about pacing; I didn’t know enough about how to do speedwork; I didn’t know enough about how much rest I need. On top of that, in terms of nutrition, about carbohydrates, protein and the like. They made facilities and running outfits and shoes available to us. As a result of all that, it’s like I’m a beginner, a beginner athlete. … Whether it’s tough or it’s easy, it has to be consistent. If 3:00 is given as the pace for 1km, we shouldn’t run 2:40 and 2:45 and we shouldn’t run 3:10 or 3:05. If it’s meant to be 5km at 2:55 pace, it has to be 2:55 consistently: 2:55, 2:55, 2:55, 2:55 … not 2:40, 2:45, 2:50 … Similarly, we shouldn’t speed up endurance training.”
– Two-time Boston Marathon champion and former NYC runner-up Lelisa Desisa talking about everything he learned about training from participating in the Nike Breaking2 project earlier this year.
- What’s the least prepared you’ve been for a marathon and how did it turn out?
- NCAA's Men's XC Top 10 Predictions
- Running termonolgy I hate
- How to push yourself to your absolute limit.
- List of Marathons by Qualifying Time
- How old were you when you noticed your first batch of grey hairs?
- Kenya has a new future marathon star
- Want to buy Nike products at your local running store? Soon you won't be able to.