Rupp's Days On The Track Are Coming To An End
“You can be effective in the 10,000 while doing marathon training. There is precedent for that. But we won’t be doing all that training for a kick. And he won’t be running the 5,000 anymore. That is gone.”
– Alberto Salazar talking to the Oregonian’s Ken Goe where Goe breaks the news Rupp is done with the 5,000m and 2017 looks¬†to be his last for the 10,000m.
- Galen Rupp's Days as a 5000m Runner Are Over, 2017 Looks to Be His Last at 10,000m
- Do you ever show the LRC message board to your non-running friends?
- Sean McGorty is in a boot
- Is 44 too old for running to be your life?
- Did Carrie Fisher do anything besides appearing in a major Nerd movie?
- Who's the most successful distance runner to attend a "sprint" school and succeed? Tim Broe?
- NCAA indoor 5000 leader Marc Scott of Tulsa (13:38) just ran a 29:33 10k road race - Is this an NCAA violation?