Quote Of The Day
“The heart of the matter is that USATF never bothers to define what an ‘official’ team event is. This poorly worded, ambiguously written document, coupled with the letter that I was sent telling me to ‘pack ONLY Team USA, Nike or non-branded apparel’ leads me to believe that USATF thinks every minute from the moment I leave my home is an official Team USA event. … Furthermore, history has shown that USATF feels every minute away from home is an official team event. In 2014 during the IAAF World Indoor Championships in Sopot, Poland I was bullied and threatened by USATF employees every day for wearing Brooks gear. I know the way USATF acts, their behavior is shady, wrong, and it stops now.”
– Nick Symmonds explaining why he won’t sign USATF’s contract, which requires all Team USA athletes to wear only Nike gear during their trip to Worlds, even when doing something as non-official as drinking coffee at the hotel.
- Breaking: The Greatest Day Ever in the History of the Beer Mile - World Record Falls Twice in Same Day
- HS Coaches: What is your team alcohol policy?
- College coaches - what's your team drinking policy? How do you address alcohol?
- Victor Conte Says USADA Probe of Alberto Salazar needs to include an investigation of Nike & John Smith
- What pisses you off about running?
- imagine setting a WR in the 5000, then making a WC final of the 400 30 min later