Quote Of The Day
“No, [I don’t regret starting younger]. Everyone finds that surprising. But even though I was unfit and unhealthy, I still had a fun life. So I’m not going to try to claim that the first 33 years were all miserable and terrible. I had a great time, but I paid the price to a certain degree with my health. But the way I see, I’ve got the best of both worlds – not that I’d recommend it, as I know I’m very fortunate that I got away with abusing my body, where a lot of people won’t. I’ve managed to turn my life around and a lot of people don’t have that luxury. … And would I have been faster? Possibly. But would I have had that special moment at the Commonwealth Games, and being interviewed by Gary Lineker and Clare Balding because of my backstory? No. I’d be just like any other 2h 15min marathon runner.”
– British marathoner Steve Way talking about how he doesn’t regret being an unhealthy, overweight drinker/smoker for the first 33 years of his life.
- Asbel Kiprop "Blasts" a 3:36 in Kenya
- Derrick goes in on Centro
- Getting heckled or catcalled while running
- Found on r/WTF today - collegiate runner races 10 laps after losing a shoe, suffers 3rd degree burns on foot
- Some people would actually take Michael Jordan over Lebron James?
- Coach Gary Towne reported on Twitter there was a delay at D2 nationals due to a Dookie on the track. What happened?
- Salazar's improvement while taking Prozac