This Is 40
“I am 40 and I think at this stage in my career, I’m even more hungry than before. My agent and I and my coach were looking at the records and were thinking to ourselves, you know what, based on what I did last year in 2014, if I keep going hard, training hard, I think those records will be my target as I start the new year. … I came to Albuquerque last year with all these kids because I told them, this is my last USA [indoor] nationals. After this, I’m done. Then I realized we have Portland right here at home. It’s a few hours from Tucson on a flight. I am going to come back and run indoor again next year. That means I have something to look forward to.”
– The now 40-year-old Bernard Lagat talking at the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix pre-meet press conference about competing as a master. Lagat isn’t done, not by a long shot, as he talks about going for masters records and even his 5th Olympic team in 2016.
- Official 2015 New Balance Indoor Games Live Discussion Thread
- Who the F is Laura Thweatt? Well done
- Derrick is Crushing It!!!!
- Once a Runner prequel - Racing the Rain
- Funding someone's hobby? Money for Ironman, but not Boston? Confused.
- Torrence Posts his Lactate Threshold & VO2Max Test Results: Letsrun Experts what do you make of it?
- Critique Wilt Chamberlain's running form (pic)