Quote Of The Day
“The whole problem was the set of expectations on the other side (the IAAF). And the business model, which leads one to presume that unless you’re a totalitarian state and don’t have to answer to the people for public moneys or you are pumping a lot of oil out of the ground, you’ll have a tough time bidding for these mega-events. It’s a big fund-raiser for them. … The whole issue is what [the IAAF] are willing to give up out of their usual paradigm to have a competition in the United States.”
– Former USATF president Doug Logan, talking in a New York Times article about Eugene’s bid for the 2019 World Championships. Logan wanted the US to host when he was in charge, but the financial cost and lack of a big stadium in a major city were problems.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Cam Levins SMASHES 43 year-old Canadian record with a 2:09:22 !!!
- Asbel Kiprop might be in trouble with the law.
- R.I.P 2004 800m Olympic Silver Medalist - Mbulaeni Mulaudzi
- Study: Smart people listen to Radiohead; dumb people listen to Beyonce
- Prefontaine vs Coe vs Ovett vs Rupp
- Do you buy shoes online, or do you support bricks and mordor business?
- Portland trail rigged with makeshift booby trap shotgjun