The Timing Of Brown's Decision Was UNACCEPTABLE
“The lack of warning and clarity in regards to this decision (which apparently has been in the works for 2+ years) was absolutely disgusting …”
“We regularly compete at the highest level of the NCAA and are competitive against schools throughout the ‘Power Five’ conferences. No other team at Brown can say this …”
“If Brown cared about competitiveness, they wouldn’t cut the only program to regularly produce All-Americans. Nothing about this is equitable, from a gender, diversity, or community perspective …”
“Again, the language and programming of this initiative have demonstrated the University’s blatant disregard for its student-athletes. Compounding this is the fact that this decision was made with no prior warning, in the middle of a global pandemic, after the transfer portal had closed …”
“I’m just so confused by this decision. It’s come at the worst possible time. Everyone is worried about a major health crisis, only to have their lives uprooted by an out-of-nowhere decision by an administration that really doesn’t seem to understand the damage they’re doing …”
– Various Brown University men’s track and field team members sounding off to the Stride Report about Brown University’s decision to cancel their 145-year old program. Adding insult to injury, the decision was announced after the transfer window has closed and after incoming freshman have sent in their deposits. If the Brown administration really gave a **** about the students, they should have made the decision last December so new freshman wouldn’t commit and so current team members could get the hell out. At a minimum, they should agree to fund the team through 2020-21.
- The more I think about the way the Brown sports decision went down, the more OUTRAGED I become
- RIP: 45 years ago from today (May 30th), Steve Prefontaine died in a car accident
- Why you keep getting hurt: Your posterior chain is weak.
- Women's sports may be saved!! CT's policy of allowing transgender women to compete w/o treatment found to violate Title IX
- As Brown becomes the fifth Division 1 victim; are universities using COVID just to cut programs?
- My Beef with being Vegetarian - I've gained almost 20 pounds since becoming a Vegetarian