Quote Of The Day
“You wouldn’t necessarily put a Lauren Johnson into the top echelon of the American middle distance crew. She took her opportunity… that’s the beauty of our sport. That’s what makes us tick and keeps us going.”
“It’s a great story, an inspiration. I don’t like using that word – very American – but I think it just adds to the fact that other people can get excited that someone like a Lauren Johnson can make a team.”
– Nike Oregon Track Club coach Mark Rowland talking about Lauren Johnson, who will be running for Team USA in Beijing this weekend. In HS, Johnson didn’t break 60 for 400 or 2:20 for 800. In college, she ran 2:07. Now she’s an Olympic hopeful.
- Get Your Picks In by 7:30 pm Today: LRC $200,015 Running Warehouse Worlds Contest
- The Idea That Gatlin Will Run 9.4X in Beijing Is A Complete Misnomer
- What is the oldest running related object you own?
- Most impressive improvement you have ever heard of???
- 3 dates - no kiss
- Son ALWAYS gets bad sideaches that are ruining his motivation to run
- How is rain in your wedding day ironic?
- Is it safe to say that David Rudisha will never run a sub 1:40 800m?
- Alberto Salazar will travel 2 China 2 Coach Mo