RIP Robin Williams
“One of my favorite runners of all time was Abebe Bikila. He was an Ethiopian distance runner, and he won the Rome Olympics running barefoot. He was then sponsored by Adidas. He ran the next Olympics, he carried the f–-in’ shoes!”
– Robin Williams talking about Abebe Bikila‘s historic 1960 Rome Olympic marathon victory. Williams was a good high school runner with a 1:58 800 PR and mentioned running/marathons occasionally in his acts. In an interview, Williams said he thought that a sports movie should be made on Bikila.
*Video Of Williams’ Act Talking About Bikila, Doping, Caster Semenya And More *NOTE: Video was removed from YouTube because of licensing. Here is another video, but if it is also removed, just Google “Robin Williams Weapons Of Self Destruction” and go to just after the 52-minute mark”.
- FARAH WINS EURO 10K AND SHOWS WHY HES THE WORLD BEST (with Video of Last Lap)
- Guess who bombed out of 1st round of women's European 1500? Olympic silver medallist Gamze Bulut
- KENENISA BEKELE TO RUN 2014 BANK OF AMERICA CHICAGO MARATHON
- Nijel Amos does it again, 12 days after taking down Rudisha: Amos beats Aman to win 2014 African Championships
- Lost All Respect For Mo Farah
- Will KENENISA BEKELE get the WR at Chicago?