Quote Of The Day
“Again with respect, Mr. President, what you have done today is disrespected the Russians – and in particular the Russian president, Vladimir Putin – big time. … And Mr. Putin is a very big deal within the Olympic movement. … Mr. President, you have also sparked potential problems for the athletes on the U.S. team and, looking ahead, for the possibility of an American bid for the 2024 Summer Games, because in this matter of protocol you have also made clear your disregard for the International Olympic Committee. All of this in the name of politics.”
– Olympic expert Alan Abrahamson criticizing President Obama for naming a delegation to the Sochi Winter Olympics that doesn’t include the First Lady, the VP or any Cabinet Members as such a move is disrespectful to the IOC and Putin and will cripple the US’s 2024 bid. USA Today‘s Christine Brennan, on the other hand, called Obama’s delegation a “genius” move because it includes the lesbian sporting icon Billie Jean King.
MB: Who is right? Brennan, Abrahamson or both?
- LRC Deal of the Day: 20% Off From Shoes.com + FREE Guaranteed XMas Delivery
- Hall blames Canova for one of his injuries
- Oklahoma State's 13:15 man Tom Farrell goes pro early - will skip final semester at OSU
- greatest runner without an olympic gold medal?
- Marathoner Mary Akor fails test - gets 2 yr sanction
- Tyson Gay update?