The 8 Days Of Marathon Madness Has Begun
Boston Marathon Monday *Live Stream @ 9:30am ET Monday (Also On Universalsports TV) *Full Boston Elite Fields *Latest Weather Forecast *LRC Women's
Preview *LRC Men's Preview (link fixed) *LRC A Look Back At Boston 2011 And A Look Ahead To Monday's 116th Running
*Don't Miss Live LRC Post-Race Internet Radio Show Following Race On LRC At 12:30pm ET
- LRC How Slow Will The Hot Weather Make It? LetsRun.com Coaching Guru JK Tells You Last year, the mainstream media told you a 2:03 in Boston was almost unforseeable. Clearly that wasn't the case, as LRC's JK basically predicted it once he saw the huge tailwind in the forecast. This year, he tells you how much the heat will slow the elites down.
- Latest Boston News: Boston
Organizers Worried About Heat & Offer Deferment To 2013 To All Marathoners As Race Favorite Geoffrey Mutai Says He's Never Run A Hot Marathon The weather is supposed to be 73 at the start, 80 midway and 82 at the finish.
Amby Burfoot: "The heat affects everybody. Nobody runs fast in the heat. Nobody benefits from the heat."
*Yet With Heat, Organizers Also Are Hoping That The 2012 Race Becomes A Classic Like The "The Run For The Hoses," "The Duel In The Sun," Or "The Inferno"
*It's Only Fitting That It Was 30 Years Ago That Salazar & Beardsley Had Their Famous Duel In The Sun The hot race 30 years ago was really only a 68-degree day according to this article.
Boston Globe: Athletics Kenya Head Bizarrely Says: "It is not important for (Mutai) to win. We want just to see how he runs." That quote makes it sound like he's an Olympic lock but if he bombs, we wouldn't count on it.
*People In Boston Still Want Their Course To Count For World Record Purposes
- Rotterdam:LRC No WR - No Kenyan Win: Ethiopia's Yemane
Adhane Spoils The Party & Wins 2012 Rotterdam Marathon In 2:04:47 2011 was unofficially the year of the marathon for the Kenyan men, but 2012 seems to belong squarely to the Ethiopians who now have the top 5 times on the year. Moses Mosop's WR attempt was "stopped" as was his bid for victory. After a 1:01:37 1st half, the pace slowed in windy conditions, but Yemane Adhane emerged victorious in 2:04:47 over compatriot
Getu Feleke (2:04:50) as Mosop was third (2:05:02). Ethiopia's Tiki Gelana became the 4th-fastest women in history the with a stellar 2:18:58. *IAAF
*MB: Rotterdam Marathon live stream *New huge PR for Moses Mosop!
*New: Canova: Calf Injury Ts To Blame For Mosop's Struggles wCanova said Mosop ran on hard pavement the last 3 days in Kenya. The Ethiopians credited their success to a change in their training regime to feature more speed work.
Marathon Mission's Catriona Jennings Gets 'A' Standard in Rotterdam
Pre-Race: LRC Moses Mosop Goes For Glory: "Moses Has Speed That Has Never Been Seen"
Interesting Read: Learn About "Marathon Mission:" Ireland's Version of Marathon Group Training
- Vienna: Haile G (60:52) Beats Paula Radcliffe As Radcliffe
Runs Slowest 13.1 Of Her Career (72:03) Radcliffe came in after recently having bronchitis but was expecting better. Meanwhile, Kenya's Henry Sugut won the marathon in 2:06:58.
*Paula To BBC: "I am at a loss to explain why it was quite so bad. I still would have expected and hoped for a time in the 69s."
*Classic British Press Over-Reaction: Tearful Paula Radcliffe Sees Hopes Of Olympic Medal Fade In Vienna
*Geb On Paula: "Paula is an inspiration but I would ask all British people not to expect too much of her. I don't expect Paula to win the Olympics."
- Dublin: MB Kenenisa Bekele Looks Majestic In His Return He destroyed the field and impressed at least once message board poster who seemingly watched the race.
*27:50 Destroys Mottram's Course Record By 46 Seconds On Hilly Course
*IAAF: Bekele sparkles with 27:49 10km in Dublin Bekele was happy afterwards: "The good news is that all of my training which has been based towards to the track season, has shown to be successful here also."
*Pre-Race: Irish Times: "One of the sport's all-time greats is in town, but it's not creating much of a stir - and that's the way he likes it," Writes IAN O'RIORDAN
- Paris: Kenyan Stanley Biwott (2:05:11) And Ethiopian Tirfi Beyene (2:21:39) Set Course Records Despite Swirling Winds And Chilly Temperature
- Nagano: Kenyans Get Wins In 2:09:02 And 2:34:22 In Paris
Previous Boston News
LRC Women's Preview: Can Kilel Defend Against NYC Champ Dado? The last four Boston marathons have been decided by two seconds, three seconds, one second, and two seconds. We're waiting for the first photo finish. We break down
the women's field led by defending champ Caroline Kilel. Correction: Buzunesh Deba, not Firehiwot Dado, had a slight injury last week.
LRC Men's Preview: 2012 Boston Marathon Men's Preview: Can Anyone Possibly Stop Geoffrey Mutai? The fastest Boston Marathon field ever assembled is ready to take on the current World's Greatest Distance Runner Geoffrey Mutai. Former NYC champ Gebre Gebremariam, 2:05 men Levy Matebo, Tadese Tola and Wilson Chebet want to give him a run for his money along with David Barmasai, Peter Kamais and our Budweiser long shot, a 2:10 guy we think could challenge.
LRC A Look Back At Boston 2011 And A Look Ahead To Monday's 116th Running Boston 2011 "changed the history of the marathon" as we nearly witnessed the first 2:02 marathon. What does that mean for 2012? Employee #1 is back from Kenya for the 2nd report in our series "8 Days for Glory" on the 6 Kenyan marathoners going for 3 Olympics spots over 8 days.
Friday's Press Conference Highlights:
Men: LRC Mutai Set To Defend, Wesley Korir Ready To Challenge, Americans Arciniaga And Hartmann Ready
Women: LRC Defending Champ Caroline Kilel And NYC Champ Dado Try To Recreate Drama Of Last 4 Years 2, 3, 1, and 2 seconds are how close the race has been the last 4 years.
*Top Athletes Shrug Off Heat Worries At Boston Marathon
*Americans Nick Arciniaga, Jason Hartmann Hope For Boston Marathon Success
LRC 8 Days For Glory - A Kenyan Flavored Preview Of The Upcoming Men's Marathon World Record Assault Over 8 days starting this Sunday, six Kenyan men - the four fastest marathoners of all time (Geoffrey Mutai, Moses Mosop, Patrick Makau and Wilson Kipsang), plus double World Champion Abel Kirui and Virgin London Champion Emmanuel Mutai - will fight for three Kenyan Olympic spots on the streets of Rotterdam, Boston, and London.
- Kenyan Diplomat Recalls His Time With Joan Benoit
- Sergio Reyes Talks About Running And His Job As A Engineer Testing F-16 Fighter Jets For The Air Force
- Brian Boyle Running Boston After Coming Back From Car Accident And Being In Coma For 2 Months
- A Look At Self-Coached Mutai's Typical Training Week
- Boston Herald: Champ Caroline Kilel Hopes To Show Her Mettle
- IAAF Preview
- Tadese Tola (2:05 In Dubai) Is A Scratch As He's Been Added To Ethiopian Provisional Olympic Team List
- Q&A: 57-Year-Old Kyle Heffner Has Fastest PR Of Any American In Field (2:10:55) Heffner was 3rd at the 1980 Marathon Trials (for Moscow, where we didn't send a team). At 57, he's in good shape, as he ran 2:44 at Houston and is shooting for 2:40 in Boston.
- Recommended Read: Brief Chat With Dick Beardsley On His Dual With Alberto Salazar And His Career Afterwards Includes some great quotes that weren't QOD.
- Firehiwot Dado Tells Some Interesting Stories From Her Marathon Victories In NYC And Rome (2009)
- Running Times Article On Self-Coached Geoffrey Mutai Reveals that he leads a 50-60 person training group in Eldoret where one member ran 2:05:48 to break Mutai's Eindhoven CR.
Pre-Rotterdam News *Full Rotterdam Elite Field
LRC Moses Mosop Goes For Glory: "Moses Has Speed That Has Never Been Seen" Moses Mosop ran 2:03:06 in his
first marathon. In his second marathon, he set the Chicago course record while only being
80-85%. Now he's at full strength and trying to make the Kenyan Olympic Team. His coach Renato Canova knows the only way Mosop will make the team is with a World Record in Rotterdam on Sunday. Employee #1 spent 20 days in Kenya and looks at Mosop and Rotterdam, which also features half marathon stars Sammy Kitwara, Stephen Kibet or Peter Kirui.
*IAAF Preview: "The 'Big Engine' Is Well Prepared"
*Travel Visa Issues Almost Kept Moses Mosop From Arriving In Rotterdam Thankfully, his visa was renewed on special appeal and he arrived confident ahead of Sunday. He says he visited 5 weeks ago to preview the course and adjusted his training to prepare for it.
Beautiful Videos Of Top Stars In Rotterdam Training In Kenya And Talking About Training:
*Moses Mosop *Sammy Kitwara *Peter Kirui
RR: Sports Illustrated: The Mercurial Life And Mysterious Death Of Sammy Wanjiru David Epstein: "Expect Kenyans at the London Games to try to break the rest of the world from the gun. That will be Wanjiru's legacy."
- Debate Over Womes's Road Racing Records Still Continues Desiree Davila: "It's like getting into baseball statistics where you say, 'It's the first home run in a Wednesday game when the sun was at 45 degrees. If we're going to qualify all these different things with the record, it's going to start becoming silly. I feel like it kind of takes away from it."
- Matthew Centrowitz And His Father Talk About How He Learned Strategy For The 1,500 Washington Post Matt Centro Sr. talks about how he used reverse psychology on his son to get him into track in the first place.
- Much Of London Opening/Closing Ceremonies Music Won't Be Performed Live Also, there is a rumor that the Spice Girls will be playing during the Games.
- Is The Use Of Hi-Tech Shoes & Uniforms Cheating?
- Where Are They Now?: Greek Drug Cheat Kostas Kenteris Talks about his career and staged motorcycle crash and history of missing drug tests.
- Q&A With Yelena Isinbayeva She refuses to reveal what she says when she's seen talking to her pole.
Previous News: Paris, NYC, Kenenisa Bekele 10km In Ireland, Paula And Haile G In Vienna
- Vienna Marathon: John Kiprotich Looking To Go Sub-2:07 This Sunday
*Good Read: Haile G Vs. Paula Radcliffe In Half Marathon Chase Race Article is really on Paula, her comeback while raising her children, tough stance on doping, and outlook ahead of London.
- Paris: Elite Fields For Sunday's 2012 Paris Marathon Are Released
*Cambodian Marathon NR Holder Looking To Take 7 Min. Off His PR To Qualify For 2012 Games
- Ireland: RRW Kenenisa Bekele Returns To Action This Weekend With Road 10km In Ireland
- NYC: Brief Chat With Jen Rhines Says she's planning on doing both the 10k and 5k at Olympic Trials.
*Jen Rhines Shares Her Secrets To Longevity Ahead Of This Sunday's More/Fitness Women's Half Marathon
Recommended Read: Meet 2:19:44 Marathoner Florence Kiplagat, Who Is Focused On Winning London The former World Cross and World Half star was a soccer player in school who picked up running after being told do so by her uncle - 2:06:50 marathoner William Kiplagat. Her goal was to come to school in the US, but that didn't work out and the rest is history. A year ago, we wondered prior to Boston if she'd be the world's new marathon star. The answer seems to be yes. Her 66:38 half from February proves she is fit.
Weekend US Track Action *Stanford Results *Florida Results
Jeremy Wariner Runs 1st 400 Of Year - 45.64 - Leaves "a little disappointed." Last week, he split 44.58, so we understand why he's upset. He did say, "My strength is where I want to be at."
Stanford Invite: Nice IAAF Recap Of Stanford: Areson Makes Up 35m Gap And Catches Lisa Uhl & Gets World Lead; Ritz Wins And More Dathan Ritzenhein won the 10,000m in 28:21 in his first track race in 2.5 years, Jackie Areson got an Olympic "A" qualifier in the 5,000 (15:18.31) as Lisa Uhl just missed (15:21). Chris Derrick won his slower section of the 1,500 in 3:41.17 to beat Evan Jager and Lawi Lalang, and Kevin Castille ran 28:57 10k at age 40!
Florida Relays Marvin Bracy False Starts, 7th Grader Daesha Rogers Runs 2:09.44 Orlando Sentinel
*Results Alan Webb's 2012 struggles continued as he ran 1:54.17 for 800m and then 40 minutes later 3:54.08 for 1,500m.
On The Boards: 3:54 Webb? Really?, 7th Grade Girl Wins Florida Relays 800
A Racewalker That Would Make Jimmy Wyner Proud
Kiwi Olympic Racewalker Was DQed For Doing Forward Somersault At Finish Line Of 1st National Champs "Some people might get upset about [the disqualification], but I did what I set out to do and I wasn't too concerned whether they gave me a medal or not."
High School Big News
17-Year-Old High Schooler Cayla Hatton Runs 33:17 10,000m Olympic Trials "B" Qualifier The prodigy only started running full-time this year. Now she's putting up a time that would make her 5th in the NCAAs last year. Truly ridiculous. The time is so fast some were wondering if it was a lap short, but this
it's legit and shows she ran every lap (16:30-16:46).
*A Q&A With HS Prodigy Cayla Hatton Two years ago, she was in awe of Kara Goucher and asking for her autograph. Now she'll be racing against people like her at USAs in the 10k.
Super-Fast Road Races In The US *Elite Results
Carslbad 5,000: Dejen Gebremeskel Repeats At Carlsbad 5,000 In 13:11 Gebremeskel let the Olympic 5,000 medallist Eliud Kipchoge do all of the
in the wind before kicking home to a 2nd straight win in 13:11. Alistair Cragg (pictured left) set a new European road record of 13:26 as Ryan Gregson ran 13:39. Anthony Famiglietti struggled with a 14:21. Kevin Castille, who ran 14:01 this winter, won the Masters race easily in 14:57.
Tirunesh Dibaba Remains Undefeated On Year With An Easy 15:01 Win Dibaba: "I'm happy about the race but I didn’t run a fast time because of the wind. ... I'm going to be ready for the Olympics."
DC: Allan Kiprono Sets Course Record (45:15) As Julliah Tinega Repeats At 40th Credit Union Cherry Blossom Run
World Indoors *Results *Video Highlights For US Visitors *UK Visitors *Yahoo Photos
LRC Men's 3,000m Final Lives Up To The Hype World 5,000m champion Mo Farah squared off with two-time world indoor champion Bernard Lagat and 2012
World leaders Augustine Choge and Edwin Soi of Kenya. Once again, Bernard Lagat was too good. They were all in contention on the final lap. There was some contact, two guys running on the infield, a DQ and a resintatement, but none of that stopped Bernard Lagat from showing he's the best 3,000m runner in the world.
LRC 800s: Pamela Jelimo Is Back As USA's Erica Moore Gets Bronze, 18-Year-Old* Mohamed Aman Gets Gold The last time Pamela Jelimo was any good, Erica Moore wasn't an 800m runner. They both left World Indoors pleased, as Moore made her first sub-2:00 clocking count with a bronze medal. In the men's race, 18-year-old* favorite Mohamed Aman got gold. On The Boards: Erica Moore 800m at Worlds
LRC Hellen Obiri Stuns Four-Time World Champ Defar link fixed Obiri Closes In 4:06.6 For Gold Get used to the name Hellen Obiri. Last year, she ran internationally for the first time and won the Kenyan 1,500m championships. This year, in the fourth 3,000m of her life, she came from behind to stop Meseret Defar from getting her 5th world title.
IAAF Final Day Recap: Brittney Reese Is Incredible, Aries Meritt Upsets Liu Xiang, Will Claye Wins Brittney Reese had her back to the wall in the long jump, so what did she do? Unleash a jump that made her #3 all-time to win.
Non-Rotterdam/Boston Marathon Weekend Action
George Mason: LRC Alan Webb Redeems Himself With A 3:43 1,500m/ 14:15 5,000m Double, Robby Andrews Opens With 1:49 Win Alan didn't win the 1,500m, but his performance was so much better than last weekend's 1:54/3:54 debacle that all Alan Webb fans like this
guy can breathe a sigh of relief. And the message boards went nuts with Webb: here, here, here, here.
BAA Mile: Morgan Uceny & Collis Birmingham Earn Wins The times may not appear fast but remember it's on a 500-meter long block with 90-degree turns.
BAA 5k: LRC Course Records Fall As Ben True Outkicks Sam Chelanga For BAA 5k Title As Werknesh Kidane Wins Women's Race Olympian Desi Davila was only 10th in the women's race but wasn't too upset afterwards.
Pre-Race: LRC Quest For $100,000 Begins At BAA 5k Believe it or not Sam Chalenga has a good shot at winning not this race but $100,000 and is up against Ethiopia's Ali Abdosh and defending champ Ben True.
Jamaica: Usain Bolt Blasts Asafa Powell In 4 X 100 To Open Season World 100m champ Yohan Blake ran a super-impressive 9.90 to open the season as well and didn't even get mentioned in the Reuters article.
*IAAF Recap Of Bolt/Blake's Run With pics of small crowd.
*Video Of Bolt's 4 X 100 Win Over Powell *Video Of Blake's Opener
S. African Champs: Oscar P Only Runs 47.28, LJ Van Zyl Only Runs 51.00, Semenya Runs 2:02.68 To Win, Mulaudzi Runs 1:45.68 To Win Sounds like Oscar didn't try very hard, saying, "I felt like I was at the verge of pushing it into the red. I didn't see the point of really doing that."
Semenya Wins But Doesn't Break 2:00 - Says It's Key She Doesn't Panic "It was okay for me. I retained my title but the race was a bit disappointing because we were hoping for a qualifier but unfortunately I didn't make it, but the time will come. I just need to be patient."
Austin: Jeremy Wariner Runs 46.43 For 400m It was really, really windy.
Australian Champs: Melissa Breen Misses Olympic Qualification By .02 In 100, Tamsyn Manou Wins In 2:02.01
*Results *"B" Standard Is Not Good Enough For Tamsyn Manou To Go To Olympics
High Schooler Haley Crouser Sets National Javelin Mark (Her Brother Set The Javelin Mark 2 Years Ago And Her Cousin Set The Discus Mark Last Year)
South Africa National Champs
- Oscar P Makes 400m Final With Slow Times At SA Champs This article says he "eased" to 48.34 and 47.91 in the semis. However, another article says he looked "sluggish." Caster Semenya didn't race as there were enough scratches to cancel the heats and advance her automatically to today's final.
- Stephen Mokoka Wins And Gets 10k Olympic "A" Standard At SA Champs He won in 27:40, but is leaning towards doing the Olympic marathon which he already qualified for.
- Aussie Champs: Recap Of Day 1 Of Aussie National Champs
US News From A Retired Runner, Alan Webb, And The 2nd-Fastest HSer In The Country
- Alan Webb's Wife Julia Says He's Healthy & This Past Weekend's Races Aren't Indicative Of His Training
- Recommended Read: Adam Goucher Writes On Walking The Line Between Tough And Stupid
- Foot Locker Runner-Up Futsum Zeinasellassie Commits To Northern Arizona University
- US's World Indoor 60m Hurdle Champ Aries Merritt Credits Success From Change To "7 Step" Approach He says with US depth, the Olympic Trials is harder than the Olympics, but that's definitely an exaggeration as he won't have to race Liu Xiang or Dayron Robles at the Trials.
- Would Steve Prefontaine Have Become A Legend In An Era With Few College Dual Meets?
Interesting Olympics News
- Seb Coe Says China Will Top Overall Olympic Medal Tables He predicts China, US, and then Russia and hopes UK could be 4th.
- Good: Japanese Comedian Hiroshi Neko May Be Ineligible For Cambodian Olympic Marathon Team The guy who deserves to go is Hem Bunting, who will be trying to break the 2:18 Olympic B standard at Sunday's Paris Marathon.
- Kenya 4 X 4 Team Will Get Some Experience At The Penn Relays
- Group Creates Fake Version Of London Games Website To Protest BP's Olympic Sponsorship
- NBA Players Ray Allen And Dwyane Wade Say They Should Get Paid To Play For Team USA At The Olympics LeBron James says he's happy to play for free, though.
*Columnist Says No Way Olympic Players Should Be Paid "The chance to lean over, and have someone slip a gold medal over your head. For many, it will be the most cherished day of their sporting lives. That's not enough for someone? Then why be there?"
- Sprinter Delano Williams Defends Decision To Try Out For GB Olympic Team Because His Native Nation Isn't Eligible For London 2012
- After A Poor 2011, UK Olympic 400m Champ Christine Ohuruogu Is Clocking Better Times In Training Than She Did Before Beijing
- Kenya To Spend ~$5.5 Million Marketing Itself At London Olympics Mary Kimonye: "These games are very important to the country considering that we have won more than 50 per cent of the medals since the Games began." Not sure where that stat came from, but it's clearly wrong.
US Track News
- April 21st: Deep Mile Field For Kansas Relays Field has Nick Symmonds, Will Leer, A.J. Acosta, Russell Brown and Lee Emanuel.
- A Revised Fundraising Plan May Save Maryland Men's Track And Field Calls for no indoor team and an outdoor roster of only 14 opposed to 27.
- Chris Solinsky Says He Never Realized How Easy He Had It Until Trying To Come Back From Surgery/Injury
- Article On OP's Jackie Areson, Who Set A 33-Second 5k PR To Get The Win And Olympic "A" At Stanford Apparently she had no idea what pace she was on until the last lap as her coach told her not to look at the clock until 400 to go.
Alberto's Book On Sale Now, Buy It From Our Partner Amazon And Support LRC
Great Read If You Didn't Read It Yesterday: Alberto Salazar Unplugged - Part II This interview with Amby Burfoot is
From Ritz's struggle in the marathon, to Ritz's form change, to Alberto's competitive relationship with Jerry Schumacher, to Galen Rupp's marathon future and, to Alberto's biggest
regrets, Amby Burfoot leaves no question unasked and Alberto doesn't shy away from any of them and talks about Rupp running 12:45 and in the 26:20s.
*Part I: Alberto's Book & The "Duel In The Sun"
MB: An Incredible Amby Burfoot Interview With Alberto Salazar
*The Wall Street Journal Positively Reviews Alberto Salazar's New Autobiography Pre-order the book today here (it's released tomorrow) and get Amazon price guarantee.
Ryan Hall Movie
LRC Ryan Hall Feature Film In The Works A full length film on Ryan Hall's quest for glory in London 2012 is in the works. Learn more about the film "41 Days," watch a trailer, and learn how you can help support the film and get some Ryan Hall memorabilia. Image below.
On The Boards: Ryan Hall's Big News
LRC Carey Pinkowski Reflects On Khalid Khannouchi's Career: "He Was The Absolute Best I've Ever Seen" The Chicago marathon director talks about the man who made his name
in the Windy City. Plus quotes from London Marathon director Dave Bedford and a tweet from Ryan Hall.
LRC Marathon Legend Khalid Khannouchi Officially Retires Khalid Khannouchi, one of the greatest marathoners of all time, has told LRC that he is officially retiring from competitive running. Khalid helped revolutionize the sport of marathon running, setting two world record in the span of three years, including his final one at the "Greatest Marathon Ever Run" - the 2002 London Marathon matchup that featured Khannouchi, Paul Tergat and Haile Gebrselassie.
Lisbon Action *LRC Updated Full Photo Gallery
Shalane Flanagan Wins Lisbon Half, Tadese Three-Peats Updated with IAAF story The American got the big upset win (just
as we predicted)
and Zersenay Tadese got the win but not the world record (just as we predicted - a broken clock is accurate twice a day). Flanagan ran
68:51 for the win.
OTB: Flanagan wins Lisbon. Lock for Olympic gold?
*Will there be an official Lisbon half-marathon thread?
*Letsrun...seriously your picking Shalane Flanagan to win the 2012 Lisbon Half Marathon?
*Full Photo Gallery
*LRC Lisbon Half Marathon Preview
US Women's Olympic Trials Marathon News *LRC Vote Totals *Men's Results *Women's Results *Yahoo Flash Photos
Flanagan Over Davila, Goucher Gets Third As Top 4 All Break Old OTrials Record Flanagan (2:25:38) pulled away from Davila (2:25:55) and Goucher was third in 2:26:06. Amy Hastings broke the old Trials record at 2:27:17 but didn't make the team. Deena Kastor was 6th in 2:30:40.
- New: Amy Hastings Reacts To Fourth Place Finish Obviously disappointed, but a good run for Amy.
- Post-Race Reaction None of the four former Olympic marathoners in the race made the team. Hear from the top 3 and them.
- Women's Results
- Goucher: "I never imagined myself winning this race based on the short period of time I had to train." Oregonian
US Men's Olympic Trials Marathon News *LRC Vote Totals *Men's Results *Women's Results *Mile-By-Mile Splits *Yahoo Flash Photos
Marathon Trials Analysis And Reaction The 2012 Trials race was a classic. We throw some love to the top 3, ponder Ritz's future in the marathon, tell you who had the best debut, and tell you who that guy you never heard of was. Plus we talk about Meb's 74-year-old badass dad and look at the fortune of some old timers who didn't make the team, Josh Cox and Dan Browne, in addition to the ones who did (Meb and Abdi).
Race Recap: Meb Keflezighi Captures 2012 Olympic Trials Marathon Title
Watch This Video For 2 Minutes - You Could Save A Runner's Life (New Studies Show The First Person To See A Runner Go Down Should Do Chest Compressions; More On This Boston CPR Video Here)
Lopez Lomong's Life Saga In 3 Minutes And 51 Seconds
Excellent Video Of Mosop Running In Kenya And Talking About Rotterdam (More Stunning Videos Of Peter Kirui Here And Sammy Kitwara Here Running In Kenya) - Our Favorite Is The Kirui One Because Of The Music
Week In Review (Updated With More Info On Jeremy Wariner Here)
LRC WTW: Is Jeremy Wariner Done? What About Alan Webb? Our Favorite Race Walker, Brie Felnagle, Chris Derrick, Running Movies and More We scan the world and wonder is Jeremy Wariner done? What about Alan Webb? Brie Felnagle definitely isn't and neither is David Adams. Chris Derrick has more speed than you thought. Plus we tell you about our favorite racewalker, talk about two running movies in the works, Bekoji Ethiopia, and we even give you some injury advice.
Bekoji, Ethiopia: Town Of Runners By now many of you have heard of Iten, Kenya - the tiny town where many Kenyan stars train. The Ethiopian town of Bekoji may be even more impressive,
it is where Kenenisa Bekele (3 Olympic golds), Tirunesh Dibaba (2 Olympic golds), Derartu Tulu (2 Olympic golds), and Fatuma Roba (1 Olympic gold) were all born. Lengthy Guardian profile on the town and its unheralded coach Sentayehu Eshetu. A movie on the town - "Town of Runners" - comes out later this month.
*Bekoji Photo Gallery
Alberto Salazar's Book Released And Endurance Now On DVD
Week In Review
LRC WTW: America's Newest Female Running Prodigy, Galen Rupp's Medal Chances, A Kenyan Gets 7 Years Older In 2.5 Months, Bekele's World Records And The World's Winningest Marathoner Who Is Not A Big Fan Of The World We span the globe so you don't have to. Can Atsedu Tsegay knock Galen Rupp off the medal stand at 10,000m? How does someone get 7 years older in 2 months? Plus info on America's latest distance prodigy and the World's winningest marathoner seems to not be a big fan of the World. Much more, including a great profile on Edwin Moses.
Spice Up Your Day With This Steeple Fail (Turn Up Volume) *MB Thread
Train Smarter (More In The Running Training Forum)
- Marathon Training Thread - Week Ending 3/25
- Bored X coach, willing to give unwanted advice
- What are your best bang-for-the-buck running tips?
Three Nice Deals On Running Shoes
1) Nike Free 2+ $59.98 For men - 1 color only at this price. Other colors and women $79.99-$99.99.
2) Adidas Leap $49.98
3) Brooks Adrenaline 11 $59.98
Little LRC gets a commission with your purchase.
Train Smarter - More In The Running Training Forum
- Kellogism vs Coeism
- Based on these workouts, what event would you have me run?
- Does a night of little sleep ruin my workout
- Running a Marathon on No Training?