2010 NCAAs Are History *Men's Results *LRC Men's Photo Gallery *Women's Results *LRC Women's Photo Gallery *Results From Every NCAA In History *See Who LRC Visitors Voted For Here (Contest Scores Coming Soon!!)
*LRC Oklahoma State And Chelanga Repeat!!! History repeated itself but things didn't necessarily go as expected, as Oklahoma State dominated and Sam Chelanga didn't win until the very end. Florida State went from 2nd-from-last to 2nd as the Cowboys' only real challenger on the day in Wisconsin faded, as their third runner
totally blew up in the final 2k. collapsed some 250 meters from the finish line.
*Ok. State Newspaper: Cowboys Bring Home School's 50th NCAA Title & Third Largest Margin of Victory 5th man Jonathan Stublaski had to lobby his way onto the team after bombing at conference and he came through with All-American honors. Meanwhile, the Ok State paper features a LetsRun.com photo as we decided to be nice and give the poor college students it for free. T. Boone Pickens, please send us a check.
NCAA Men On the boards:
*Oregon men only five runners?
*Stanford FAILS again!
*OSU's Ryan Prentice ran with one shoe for 9000 m
*Chris Derrick in elite company
*161 31:42.0 A.J. Acosta SR Oregon 31:42.0
*What happened to 25 year old David McNeil?
*Show Luke Puskedrsa some love, he earned it!!
*What if Ryan Sheridan had run for Iona?
(NCAA women's coverage in 2nd column)
New Improved CLIF SHOT Gels for the Performance Runners CLIF the incredible company we've been telling you about the last few months has a improved the formula on their new CLIF SHOT Gels. Now with up to 50% more electrolytes, the new gels have a thinner consistency to go down smooth no matter what mile you're on. 100% natural and 85-90% organic, read more about the new CLIF SHOT gels.
Kenyans Are Pumped Rudisha Is 1st Ever Kenyan To Be Named World Athlete Of The Year *More On IAAF Athletes Of The Year David Rudisha And Blanka Vlašić
*Blanka Vlašić And David Rudisha Win IAAF Athlete Of The Year Awards *IAAF Release Additionally, both athletes will receive $100,000 despite the IAAF's financial situation.
LRC Juantorena, Coe, Kipketer And Rudisha All Together In One Room For The First Time Ever There may never be a night like it for the 800m. The last four world record holders, Alberto Juantorena, Seb Coe, Wilson Kipketer and David Rudisha all gathered together to reminisce about their record runs, to pay their respects to one another and to discuss the uniqueness of the 800m. It was a truly special occasion and these greats were almost giddy about it. They mesmerized the room for 40 minutes. Juantorena and Kipketer wanted their own photos, Coe said the photo would be his Christmas card, and Juantorena also wanted a video of the occasion. We then were notified we have the only video of it in the world. Recap and video.
More Great Stuff From The IAAF Meetings In Monaco
LRC Bernard Lagat Says The 5k Is His Focus; Watch Out For His Brother, Robert Cheseret The American 3k and 5k record holder talks about his 2010 season, what took him so long to get the American record, raising the bar for Americans, and the bar being raised by Dathan Ritzenhein. Plus he says watch out for his brother, Robert Cheseret.
LRC Dayron Robles And David Oliver Agree On One Thing - Allen Johnson Is The Best Hurdler Of All Time Robles and Oliver were really entertaining. Oliver is now one of our favorite US runners.
*Vlašić, Felix, Lemaitre And Wariner Meet The Media In Monaco
*President Diack's Remarks At The 2010 Athlete Of The Year Press Conference
Kara Goucher To End Maternity Leave At Rock 'N' Roll Half On Jan. 16th That's less than four months after giving birth, for those of you asking. Clearly, she's not following the Paula Radcliffe "take it slow" approach.
Asian Games Are Underway
- Yusuf Saad Kamel Fails To Make 1,500 Final And Then His Own Country For Making Him Compete If you don't want to be treated like a piece of property, we suggest you don't sell your nationality to the highest bidder.
- IAAF Recap: Indian Women Stun Chinese & Japanese To Go 1-2 In 10,000 Preeja Sreedharan ran a new Indian record of 31:50 for gold.
Big Names In The News
- Paula Radcliffe To Only Run One Marathon In 2011 She'll skip London in the spring as she wants to come back slowly to make sure she's ready for 2012.
- Bernard Lagat & Meseret Defar & Others Meet With Media In Monaco Both say they'll only run the 5k at 2011 Worlds.
- Q&A With USATF Hall Of Famer Dyrol Burleson, Who Was The 1st To Break 4:00 At Hayward Field He was the world-ranked #1 in 1961.
- Column: Wes Santee's Tragedy Was He Never Got To Race Bannister Or Landy In His Quest For Sub-4
- Valerie Adams Sacks Coach #2 In Year 2010 *Meanwhile, Valerie Adams' Coach #1 Talks With Some Regret About Their Split
Believe It Or Not, There Are Races Besides NCAAs This Weekend
- Deriba Merga Has His Hands Full At New Delhi Half As He Faces 10 Guys Who Have Run Sub-1 Hour In The Half Marathon Anyone know the maximum number of sub-1 hour guys in one race? Update - Merga is not racing.
- World 10k Record Holder Leonard Komon And World Half Marathon Champ Florence Kiplagat Favorites At This Weekend's Zevenheuvelenloop In Netherlands Komon goes against 15k world record holder Felix Limo. *Limo Interview Here
- Preview Of Next Weeks Asian Games
- Liu Xiang Trying To Take Low Profile Heading Into Next Week's Asian Games In China
- Viktor Röthlin To Take Break From Racing Until Spring
LRC The Week That Was We keep things brief as we talk about lowering expectatons for Haile's comeback and give props to Tulsa, Toledo and Richmond and Megan Venables and the great state of NJ.
US Stars Of Present And Future? In The News
- HS Star Megan Venables Pumped To Have Broken 27-Year-Old Holmdel Record Almost equally as impressive is the fact that she won by 1:40.
- Shalane Flanagan Raising The Bar For US Marathoners The article points out that sub-2:26 has happened roughly 400 times and the US only has seven of them so we have a long way to go. Our stats reveal that 153 different people (and just 3 Americans) have gone 2:25 or better.
Lance - It's Officially Time To Get Nervous
US Feds Meet With French Feds On Tuesday To Talk About Armstrong If he's guilty, we hope jail is where he ends up.
Despite Protests, Olympic Marathon Almost Certainly To End In London Mall Meanwhile, we wonder if anyone thought about trying to recreate the marathon course that gave us the 26.2 mile distance from 1908.
- World Junior XC Champ Mercy Cherono Edges World Junior Steeple Champ Purity Cherotich In Kenya XC As They Make Move To Senior Ranks
- Profile On Mercy Cherono As She Enters Senior Ranks The emergence of the Kenyan women on the track over the last 3 years has been one of the big largely unreported stories in the sport.
Recommended Read Former Kansas Great And World 1,500 Record Holder Wes Santee Dies The NY Times Frank Litsky recaps Santee's career and life in great detail. He was America's best hope to be the first sub-4 guy in history. Want to know more about Santee? He was featured in The
*KU Release On Santee *2nd Article On Santee With Pic Of Him In Prime *3rd Article On Santee With Recent Picture
Lots Of HS State Meet Recaps Here Highlights included the F-M girls putting 15 on NY state once again and Megan Venables breaking the Holmdel course record.
News From Europe & Kenya
- 2010 World XC Silver Medallist Teklemariam Medhin Wins 2nd Straight IAAF XC Race In Portugal
- Recap Of Tegla Loroupe Peace Race In Kenya
- Juniors Step Up In Kenya: World XC Junior Champ Mercy Cherono Wins Senior Race In Kenya On the men's side, world junior 5,000 silver medallist John Chepkwony won the senior race.
Top Young Women In The News
- Lisa Koll Is Really Enjoying Her New Life With Nike Group In Portland She's upped her training and is apparently fitting in very well with her new teammates, who all decided to vacation in Hawaii.
- After 2 Disastrous Years, Olympic Champion Pamela Jelimo Ready To Start Comeback At Age Of 21 She says injuries are what have kept her down and will begin her comeback with some XC races.
More Haile News
- Recommended Read: The Telegraph: Ethiopia needs you Haile Gebrselassie, so does the London 2012 Olympics We loved this quote: "His smile makes athletics smile."
- Spikes Mag: Haile G's 10 Greatest Races
News From Europe
- Yuriy Borzakovskiy Is Back In Training After Missing Most Of Summer With Injury
- Dumbest Idea Ever
All 50 European Federations Vow To Support And Send Stars To 2012 Europeans The idea to have Euros every two years is stupid but not as dumb as putting it right before the Olympics.
- Many Of Top European XC Runners To Start Season On Sunday
Post-Commonwealths/NYC Marathon News
- Unbelievable Simon Bairu Collapsed At Mile 23 And Then The Ambulance He Was In Ran Into A Taxi And He Had To Get Into Another One You'd expect that to happen in a third world country, not New York. Now he'll enjoy some R&R in Hawaii.
- Hendrick Ramaala, Haile G And Paul Tergat Had Pow-Wow In NYC About Elevating Athletics To A Higher Level In Africa
- Catching Up With Commonwealth Games Bronze Medallist Lisa Weightman
- Mara Yamauchi's Confidence Is Down, But She Vows: "My best isn't behind me."
King Carl Seemingly Just Wants To Remind Us He's The Only 100m Champ To Repeat
Carl Lewis Says Usain Bolt Faces "Big Challenge" In Bid To Repeat As Olympic Champ
Preview Of 2nd IAAF XC Meet World XC silver medallist Teklemariam Medhin headlines. Last week he beat Ebuya in Spain.
Latest New York News *LRC Photos *LRC Men's Recap/Analysis *Women's Recap/Analysis *LRC Haile G Retirement Coverage
Jos Hermens, Haile's Agent, Says Gebrselassie Reconsidering
Retirement Hopefully the Great One realizes his fans would love nothing more to see him compete again - New York 2011 and the Olympics in 2012. We didn't realize how much worse the sport will be without Geb until he said he was leaving.
LRC Haile Gebrselassie Retirement Update The greatest of all time may be reconsidering. He at least is leaving open the door to coming back. We give you an update on all that we've learned since our last update on Sunday night.
More NYC : WSJ Looks At Changing The NYC Marathon Course The current course seems great to us and has a better finish than the proposed course (and pros generally choose marathons for the money, not the type of course).
*Sarah Shay Has Appendectomy Right Before NYC Marathon
*Katie McGregor Reflects On Winning USA Running Circuit Title, Her Run In NY
- Paula Radcliffe Post-NYC Video Interview On London 2012, Gebrselassie Hanging Them Up, And Mara Yamauchi In NYC
- Shalane Flanagan Looks Ahead New York Times No doubt she's happy after NYC, although we'd say she's still unproven as a marathoner. She did phenomenally well on Sunday, but it was one of the stranger women's marathons ever.
- Chris Solinsky Tours The NYC Marathon Course On The Pace Car New York Times
- Sammy Wanjiru Of Kenya And Liliya Shobukhova Pick Up $500,000 And World Marathon Major Titles
- Shalane Flanagan Is Returning To The Track For 2011 Looks like her next marathon may be the OTrials. *Post-Race Transcript
- Britain's Mara Yamauchi Promises To Move On After "Shocker" Of Performance She was only 11th.
- Japan's Arata Fujiwara Was Forced To Drop Out With Intense Abdominal Pain - He Also Wants Geb To Unretire
- Paula Radcliffe In The News: Radcliffe's Baby Boy Nearly Died While She Gave Birth He came out grey as the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and Radcliffe had to push him out quickly. Radcliffe also says she has a "really, really good feeling" about 2012.
- Paula Radcliffe Started X-Training Week After Birth But, Unlike Kara Goucher, Won't Start Running Until Christmas
- High School: Meet Last Year's Nike XC Runner-Up Elias Gedyon Originally from Ethiopia, the dude split a 48.6 after winning the 1,600 and 3,200 in a meet last spring. He'll be going for his third straight CA state title in the near future and then heading to Nike (why not Foot Locker?).
- Europe: Former Providence Star Mary Cullen Is Out Of European XC Champs With Broken Collarbone Suffered In Bike Fall
- Asia: 4 Run 2:08 As Kenya's David Kiyeng Wins JoongAng Seoul Marathon
- Ultra: Congratulations To Michael Wardian On Winning Bronze At The 100Km World Championship (2010)
2010 NYC Marathon Is In The Books
LRC Men: In Debut, Gebremariam Makes Marathon Look Easy On a day that Father Time caught up to Haile G, another Geb, Gebre Gebremariam blitzed
a 26th mile in 4:37 and took us back to an era when debutantes won and road racers won Falmouth and NYC in the same year, as a new marathon star may have emerged on the streets of NY. Meb Keflezighi finished 6th and Dathan Ritzenhein 8th.
LRC Women: Edna Kiplagat Completes Magical Year, Shalane Impresses The women's race was perhaps the craziest one ever in New York, as it was a 20-mile jog and a 10k race. LA Marathon champ Edna Kiplagat, American star Shalane Flanagan and half marathon ace Mary Keitany battled over the final miles, with Kiplagat winning and Flanagan battling back for second in her debut. The top 10 were separated by an amazingly small 1:35.
*Nice Wall Street Journal Recap Of Sunday's Action
*Flanagan Impresses In Marathon Debut
More NYC News: Ritz Disappointed With Another Mediocre Marathon Finish
*American 10k Record Holder Chris Solinsky Gets Wined & Dined In Elite Truck & Says "Maybe In 3 Years"
2010 NCAAs Are History *Women's Results *LRC Women's Photo Gallery *Men's Results *LRC Men's Photo Gallery
*LRC Sheila Reid Leads Villanova To Repeat Title!!! Individual champ Sheila Reid led 'Nova to a record 9th title as Florida State was 2nd and #10 Texas Tech was 3rd.
*Reid The Leader Of The Pack As 'Nova Repeats Reid has overcome the injury that ended Bo Jackson's career.
*Oregonian: Oregon Ends Up With Two 3rd Place Individuals In Hasay And Puskedra
*AP Recap Of NCAA Meet *ESPN.com Recap *Philly.com Recap of 'Nova and Reid
(More Men's Coverage in 1st Column)
Recommended Read: Q&A With Famed Track And Field Journalist James Dunaway He'll be only the 2nd jouranlist inducted into the T&F Hall of Fame and he deserves after more than 50 years in the sport. A great guy and an LRC visitor.
A Truly Crazy Read: Two Rochester, NY Old Guys Battling It Out To Become 1st Marathoner To Run 1,000 In History One is 79 years old and had a stroke and lives in a nursing home and has a walker but plans to run some more while his 90-year-old friend is playing catchup as he's 220 behind.
Other News Of Note
- World Champ Joseph Ebuya Wins Again In Spanish XC Race *World 5k Champ Vivian Cheruiyot Wins Meet In Kenya XC *Recap From Kenya
- Thank God Leonard Chuene Loses Court Battle To Get His Job Back
- Craig Mottram Ready For Mid-Week Chiba Ekiden
- After Sabbatical, Yelena Isinbayeva Eyes Sergey Bubka's Mark Of 35 World Records
- Australian John Fahey Re-Elected As Head Of WADA
Pre-Race NCAA News
- LRC Late Voting Results Are In - LRC Faithful Still Like Stanford Men And Jordan Hasay The coaches' rankings have Monday's race being extremely close between OSU and Stanford but the LRC faithful are going for Stanford in a big, big way.
- Dave Smith Says It's A 3-Team Race On Men's Side Meanwhile German Fernandez says, "Maybe it isn't my year."
- LaVern Gibson Has Set The Standard For NCAA XC Courses
- "Undefeated" Jordan Hasay Ready To Battle For Individual Crown She's undefeated in races where she finishes with her shoes on. *Hasay: 25-30 Girls Could Win It False.
- ESPN: 'Nova Women Go In As Favorites
- Villanova Women Looking For 10th Straight Meet Win
- Trib-Star Editorial: Hundreds Of Potential Role Models Will Be Running Around On Monday
- Terre Haute Paper Looks Back At Greatest NCAA Races In 7 Years At Terre Haute
Men: 2007 Is Ranked As #1 Year As Oregon Got Its 1st Title Since 1977 And McDougal Edged Rupp
Women: Flanagan's Title In 2002 Ranked #1 As Her Mom Went To Ind. State
- Ducks Ready To Make A Run For It In 2010
- Oregon's Bid To Host 2011 NCAAs Is Dead??? The NCAA is so stupid and apparently is upset the race was going to be held at a race track.
Pro Overseas Distance Action
- Leonard Patrick Komon Smashes 15km World Record He took 16 seconds off the old record by running 41:13, which is 27:28 10,000 pace. Video: Old Record Holder Felix Lim Interviews New Record Holder Komon.
- Geoffrey Mutai Run 59:38 To Win New Delhi Half As Aselefech Mergia Repeats In Women's Race
- Haile Gebrselassie Serves As Starter At Ethiopian Airlines Great Ethiopian Run, Which Is Won By A New Bekele & A Former World Jr. Champ
Amazing 50-Year-Old Elina Zvereva Aiming For 2012 Games In Discus She's no slouch, as she did win Olympic gold at age 39.
NCAA D3s Are In The Books *Men's Results *Women's Results *MBoard Talk
- Women: Terry Aldrich Goes Out On Top Middlebury gave its retiring 36-year coach the perfect going away present as they won their sixth title since 2000 despite putting no one in the top 23.
- Pre-Race: Aldrich Ready For Final NCAA Run *Middlebury Piece On Aldrich
- Men: Anders Hulleberg Leads #2 Haverford To Win Over North Central Nothing tops taking home the individual and team titles.
Older NCAA D1 News
- David McNeill's Not Counting Himself Out For Individual Win "I give myself a shot."
Matt Centro Interview - Forget About NCAAs The big news is Centro is going to Vegas with his dad after NCAAs to celebrate. Somehow we didn't get the invite.
- Relive Every NCAAs That Ever Were Kirk Reynolds and T&FN have compiled results in one amazing place. Kudos to them.
- Meet Wisconsin's Maverick Darling The man who is named after a figure in a Tom Cruise movie has given up dreams of a professional snowmobiling career to run for UW.
- Brief Chat With Villanova's Gina Procaccio And Sheila Reid Villanova is the favorite on Monday.
- Joe Vigil Honored With Statue At Adams State He may be most known for coaching Deena Kastor, but having his team go 1,2,3,4,5 at the DII NCAA XC champs is simply amazing (and lucky).
Vin Lananna Talks About NCAA Meet For Men & Women (Video Interview) "With cross country, it's almost impossible to pick (the individual winner)."
Forget About NCAAs - The Nationals Milk Mile Is Sunday This event is for runners and spectators. More info at the link above and here. We're sure some of you wish this was a beer mile. If you like beer miles, you'll certainly like this race: 7-Beer, 6-Mile Race in Canada is featured in Edmonton Journal. Anyone remember when Princeton had its 6-pack, 5-miler?
Alberto - Read This: Scientists Say They Have No Idea How Form Really Works & How Fast People Can Truly Run This article seems to be written for people who believe Alberto Salazar's obsession with form is all wrong.
HS News: CBA's Mike Mazzaccaro Claims Title As Greatest CBA Runner In History As His 15:20 Leads Team To Fastest Avg. Time In NJ History
*Weekly HS Recap NJ MOC, MA state meet and a lot more.
- Birds Nest/Beijing To Host 2015 World Championships (AP) *IAAF Release
- 2013 World Youths Go To Ukraine
- Sergey Bubka Demands Olympic 2012 Track Remain A Track "We shook hands and had a deal. In 2005, it was guaranteed to us the track would stay - this is a matter of dignity."
- We'll Believe It When We See It Track In Eldoret Supposedly Will Be Improved To Meet International Standards
- IAAF Council, Monaco, Day Two Recap
IAAF Meetings In Monaco (Wejo On Site)
LRC IAAF Rights Its Financial Ship While much of the running world is getting ready to travel to wonderful Terre Haute, LetsRun.com's beloved Wejo is living the life of luxury, attending the IAAF meetings in Monaco. Fortunately, after running into Bernard Lagat in front of the beautiful casino, he took the time to give you a few insights from Day 1 of the IAAF meetings, where it was announced the IAAF will balance its book through 2015 by cutting back on expenditures. Plus he looks at the sports popularity in Europe.
- Standards For 2011 Worlds Announced The men's 1,500m and 10k got a lot harder to make. In addition, the qualifying window for events shorter than the 10k is now one year.
- Official IAAF Day 1 Notes The budget is in order.
- IAAF Still Working On Rules On Hyperandrogenism
- Atsushi Hoshino To Receive IAAF World Journalism Award; His Wife Was A 1952 Olympian For Japan
Haile Gebrselassie News
LRC Update Former Imprisoned Ethiopian Journalist Says Hermens'/Gebrselassie's Leak And Then Denial Of NY Times Report Is Part Of Attempt To Raise Awareness Of Geb's Plight In Ethiopia, Where He's Had A Lease To Land Worth At Least $7.2 Million Taken By The Government The story talks about the land being worth between 120,000,000 and 150,000,000 birr, which
converts to $7.2 and $9.1 million US dollars.
Gebrselassie Says He's Still Planning To Run Tokyo Marathon In February Geb's team is now smartly trying to change the topic of conversation. We'll hopefully have an update tomorrow on some of the emails we've received on the news below.
LRC Update The NY Times Stands Firm: "The New York Times stands by its story." Plus we have commentary from an Ethiopian political expert who says making Geb and Hermens deny the story is typical of the government.
LRC Jos Hermens And Haile Gebrselassie Take To National TV To Deny NY Times Story - Were They Forced To Do It? Hermens has denied telling the New York Times Haile's phones were tapped and Haile also ripped the paper. *Coverage On Ethiosports.com
Geb's Knee Pain Is Gone & He'll Run In Tokyo In February
Marion Jones Continues To Lie - Thankfully, We Aren't The Only Ones Who Are Outraged
- The Continued Disgrace Of Marion Jones
- Marion Jones: Clearly Still Lying MJ practically perjured herself last week on Comedy Central and people are outraged.
Fukuoka Field Announced Jaouad Gharib & Kebede Tekeste will headline in December. Fasil Bizuneh and Andrew Lemoncello will race as well.
Swimming Reminds Us Of USATF
Swimming National Coach Fired Even Though He Was Promised He Could Continue For Six To 10 Years
LRC Tributes Pour In For The Great Haile Gebrselassie Last week, the world was shocked as the great Haile Gebrselassie retired. The retirement was short-lived but our inbox was flooded with tributes to the great Haile. We share some of them with you, including one from a man who calls Haile an inspiration for millions, another who admits he cried when he watched Haile retire and painted a picture of Haile in victory in Berlin, and lastly a note from a college sophomore in the US who found it easy to be inspired by Haile but hard to be inspired by US stars like Prefontaine, whom he calls an "alcoholic frat boy who refused to listen to anyone" or drug cheats like Alex Rodriguez and Marion Jones or others who have "sexually harassed women (Brett Favre, Kobe Bryant, Ben Roethlisberger)" or "abandoned his family or fans (Tiger Woods, LeBron James)."
- This Weekend's Mara Marathon Costs $35 (2,500 Shillings) And Includes Night Accommodations Don't let some of the race directors in the US find out or they'll charge a lot more.
- AK To Have Guidelines For Road Races In Kenya And Money For Athletes Will Go Through Federation If We're Reading It Correctly
Paul Tergat Tells Daily Nation He's Happy To See Old Rival Geb Unretire Three Great Tergat Quotes:
1. "Legends of any sport do not retire; instead, they fade off the stage graciously and continue working in the disciplines they know best."
2. "Gebrselassie has done everything in the sport except win a marathon with stiff competition."
3. "Deep down, when he is all alone sitting by the fire, Haile must realise he dropped one of the biggest clangers of his running career."
Allyson Felix And David Oliver Win Jesse Owens Award The award goes to the top US track and field athlete each year.
*Jesse Owens Gets Street Named After Him In Cleveland
*European 100H Silver Medallist Derval O'Rourke Named Ireland's Athelete Of The Year
- Usain Bolt Test Driving Ferraris On Special Track In Italy
- Allyson Felix Talks About Doing A Commercial Shoot With Kobe And Talks About Her Off-Season We forgot Felix switched to Nike last year from adidas and we even forgot Kobe hasn't been with adidas for nearly a decade.
Haile G's Back!!! Everyone can relax, as the retirement lasted all of one week. Additionally, more good news was revealed as his coach thinks he can compete until he's 45. Can anyone say 2016 Rio? Video story in Armharic here (updated with translation from an LRC visitor).
*Reuters Story By Sabrina Yohannes Here
Bizarre: Jim Thorpe's Son Suing Jim Thorpe, PA To Get His Body Back They changed the name of their town for him and should keep it.
NCAA Regional Saturday *Unofficial: *NCAA Teams/Individuals Announced *West Region Photo Galleries
- NCAA Teams/Individuals Announced
- Men:#1 Ok. State And #2 Stanford Lose
That's the headline, but the name of the game is qualifying and it looks like the only ranked teams to miss the show are #18 UNC (who totally bombed, as their top runner was only 37th and they only finished 9th in their region) and #26 Tulsa. The non-ranked teams making the show are Gtown, Texas and newcomer Richmond.
*NAU's David McNeill Wins 3rd Straight Regional Individual Title In Mountain West
*West Region Recap
Talk: *OU DEMOLISHES OSU WITH EASE *German Talks Afterwards *SE Regional
- Women: Unranked Kansas St. & Rice Make It, As #29 San Francisco Is Left At Home
Old 15k WR Holder Interviews New WR Holder
They Both Crossed The Line First At Worlds
- Former World 10k Champ Charles Kamathi Now Focused On Marathon And Helping Find Young Talent In Kenya
- After Crossing Finish Line First At Worlds 1,500m In 2009, Spain's Natalia Rodriguez Not Happy With European Bronze In 2010
LetsRun.com's Message Boarders Rejoice
Despite Being European 400m Champ, Kevin Borlée's Dad Wants Him To Move Up To The 800 He is the "slow" Borlée twin yet was the European champ this year. He's not ready to move up.
NYC Champ Edna Kiplagat Getting Props In Boulder
- Kiplagat Wins NYC, Relaxes In Boulder And Her Family Wants To Know If She Met Edison Pena
- Denver Post Profile On Kiplagat And Her Training In Boulder
- Comrades (Ultra)Marathon To Give Special Access To Charity Runners
- Two Aussies - Peter Crombie And Marie Kay - Are World Masters Athletes Of Year