Quote Of The Day
“I kind of, in the back of my head, wanted to move back East anyways. And like I said, I’m 28 years old, I’ve been out in Oregon now for 10+ years between college and being with the Oregon Project. And at this juncture of my career, Alberto and I have 50-50 dialogue and influence in my training and so I figured just being back East, and him and I speaking over the phone as much as possible and just being on the same plan. … There might be a few workouts here and there where maybe we disagree on. But we find this compromise and instead of, you know, 10 quarters, it’s eight. You know, maybe I think six, he thinks 10, we settle on eight or whatever. So it’s not rocket science here. And again, having my dad out there administering the workouts and having him with a stopwatch and having some input too, it just kind of seems like a great situation for me. … I think Galen, Mo, anyone at my age or older can pretty come up with 90% [of the training]. … If you have any kind of sense of – if you have any kind of, I guess input, or you’re involved in your own training, I think that’s the biggest thing. And I think every athlete should have some kind of say, whether you’re in college or out of college, in terms of what you need, what you think is gonna better your training, better your racing. And I’ve always felt like I’ve been involved in my training, even through the Oregon days. And so I feel pretty confident moving forward, having those [two] and me coming up with the majority of the workouts is what’s gonna be best for me.”
– Olympic champion Matthew Centrowitz giving an update on his training situation and explaining his move from Portland back to the East Coast.
- Usain Bolt signs for football club, to announce club on Tuesday at 8am GMT
- 3 Teams Break 4x800 World Record in One Race and Hoka One One NY/NJ Track Club Is Your New 4x800 World Record Holders
- KARISSA SCHWEIZER JUST SPLIT A 4:25.56
- HSer Josh Hoey runs 1:47.67 for the National Record
- JEREMY MF HERNANDEZ runs D3's first sub-4 indoors
- Sydney McLaughlin 50.52 400
- How many people in the world right now can run a quarter mile in under a minute?
- Orville Atkins, RIP, 1937 - 2018
- Transgender boy wins girls’ state wrestling title for second time
- I’m calling BS on needing 410 mile to be recruited D1. How many 410 milers per year and how many average spots go to miler
- Unbelievable!! Albany Loses Conference Championship due to EPIC DQ!!
- Could a 5-foot-4 125-pound professional boxer pretty much beat up any 6-2 200-pound guy who is athletic but has not fighting