Quote Of The Day
“It was heart-breaking for me to miss out on qualifying for the London Olympics. Competing at my home Olympics is all I had ever dreamed about since the age of 15 when London secured the bid. … I quit the sport. For five months, I had no interest in the sport. I considered a new career in the army or the marines. Then around Christmas of 2012 I went for a walk by myself down by the river. It was on this walk I reflected on how I hard I’d trained for the previous 12 years. … I didn’t want to be the sort of person who had regrets, so I thought I should give the sport another go and I re-started training.”
– GB’s Richard Kilty talking about how he made his comeback to the sport after briefly retiring in 2012. Since coming back, he’s won a world indoor title, two European titles and through the sport met his fiancee who he has a son with. Needless to say, he made the right call by coming back.
- Jake Robertson wins Lisbon 59:58
- Kid asks Alexi (Greek Goddess) Pappas to prom!
- Slagowski Leaves Penn State
- Transferring after 1st season
- Ever spoke to an older runner?
- HSer Cooper Teare 14:13 at Texas Distance Festival
- Must-do races before you die
- Team Parties Hard on St Patty's Day, Coach Packs Up Team and Leaves Before Meet