Quote of the Day
“I think in the cross country season, I think he was probably in the best shape he’s ever been in in that time of year in the fall…. I think it (the loss at NCAA XC) was actually, in a weird way, was a positive thing. Not like a relief but, it’s hard when you’re on top and that’s all you can do. Hopefully, people see that and see that he’s human. I’m a Patriots fan, you know being here in Boston, a lot of people don’t like the Patriots but that’s because they’re good. Same thing why a lot of people don’t like the Yankees. It’s a tough spot to be in but I think in some ways it’s kind of been a relief almost to maybe not win every single race. I never think it’s bad for an athlete to lose. You don’t want them to, you certainly don’t want to do that at the nationals, but that’s part of the sport. You’ve got to get used to that, the winning and losing.”
-Oregon distance coach Andy Powell talking about Edward Cheserek.
- Race of the year (so far)? After 2 scratches and a false start, dude is forced to run final all alone - Crushes it and the conference record
- Ches FTW!!!!! 3:52:01 Collegiate Record
- MOH AHMED 13:04 OFF 8FLAT 3K!!
- Ex NOP coach Vern Gambetta refers to Salazar as "Diabolical Maniac"
- Who Wore Bib 148 in Tokyo?--What a Display of Toughness and Courage
- Wendy's to Install Self-Service Kiosks in 1000 Locations by Year's End
- Transgender Boy Wins Texas Girls State Championship in Wrestling
- New Doping News on Alberto Salazar in Sunday Times