USATF, Please Get Ahead Of This Now
“For each event, the approximate field size (not the minimum) and number of rounds are shown … Additional verified entries from the rank order list of those who have entered and declared shall be invited to participate in the Trials in order to fill the field in an event(s) where there are an insufficient number of athletes with the ‘Automatic’ standard … The field size is a guideline and the sport chairs have the option to fill it out to that field size if they wish.”
– USATF talking about its 2016 US Olympic Trials standards, which were released on Wednesday. By not being clear about the field size, they are likely needlessly setting us up for another controversial Trials process next summer.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Ostrava Golden Spike Live Thread: Bolt (2:55 pm ET) , Van Niekerk, Rudisha (2:05 pm) and Farah (10k 2:15 pm ET) all running.
- Legenday CBA XC coach Tom Heath has retired
- How often does a 30 year old athletic dude get LOW T???
- Most runners are uninteresting/uninformed people
- Rupp claims he ran 27:08 in 90 degree heat in Beijing. That's a lie right?
- Adams state vacates its 2014 outdoor NCAA title
- LRCers: We Need Your Shoe Reviews, The Quest for 1,000 More Reviews Starts Now