Quote Of The Day
“Thweatt, like all newly indoctrinated runners, gravitated towards the University of Oregon and the cult of Steve Prefontaine. She even had a big yellow ‘O’ on the back of her car.
‘The summer before my senior year, I went to the Oregon Running Camp,’ she says. ‘I remember Vin Lananna came one day and told us not to contact him unless you won a state title. So that was my goal senior year: to win state cross country so I could go to Oregon.’
That fall, Thweatt would finish second to a future Boulder Track Club teammate. Still, she contacted Oregon and, holding true to their word, Thweatt heard nothing back.
‘They were totally serious,’ she laughs. ‘Second wasn’t good enough.'”
- Excerpt from Daily Relay article by Mitch Kastoff about the rise of Boulder Track Club’s Laura Thweatt. Thweatt went from not getting recruited by Oregon, to not making NCAAs (while running for Colorado) to running 15:04 this past spring and becoming one of the top 5K women in the US.
- EPO cheat Martin Fagan is back ... Runs 63:58 to win the Charleville International Half Marathon
- Deena Kastor World Masters Half Marathon Record
- Do I have any shot at sub-2:32:00?
- What's your default answer for "so do you run?"
- Ridiculous amount of 13.1 Stickers on car
- Huddle and Estrada win USA 5K road champs, German Fernandez, Jordan Hasay second
- Grant Fisher done playing Soccer
- Which runner has the best shot at the Olympic triathlon? Webb, Hall, or LV?