Lickety Split wrote:
- Hot day ... not even tired, plenty in the tank, limited experience and barely came off altitude training to sharpen-up.
- Hope he can afford to do the World Championship in London.
- I don't see Galen coming back on this guy for a "What's My Name?" Ali-like moment.
Wanjiru is better but I like the analogy.
1) Wanjiru ran a world junior 10k record of 26:41.75 at 18. Kirui ran 26:55 at that age (#2).
2) By the time he'd run 3 marathons, Wanjiru had won Fukuoka, finished 2nd in London and destroyed the Olympic record.
Wanjiru was arguably the GREATEST talent ever. He ran 28:36 at age 15.
One thing I was thinking about with Kirui is he trains in a really hilly area so he'd do well in Boston.