Quote Of The Day
“There is an expectation and sense of entitlement among Olympic sports athletes that they deserve to fly across country repeatedly, multiple times in a season for competition and have all the bells and whistles. And to point at the football program and say, ‘We deserve what they have.’ …If Olympic sports athletes are going to be critical of what is happening in a responsible way that is knowledgeable of the overall enterprise, we have to be good allies to football programs first and football athletes first. I haven’t been seeing that as much.”
– Former elite distance runner and Arizona State professor and sports historian Victoria Jackson talking about how athletes in non-revenue sports like track and field need to be realistic about what kind of college athletic experience they can expect when they’re not brining in any money like football and basketball.
- El Guerrouj a couple seconds from 3000m world record (Video Included), why did he retire?
- Podcast with Russian Doping Whistleblowers Yuliya and Vitaly Stepanov + John Capriotti Out at Nike
- How far could you run if you had to right now
- CMV: Distance runners overdo their cooldown runs
- I got fired today
- Why is it that kids or even young high school kids that are running great times never run past their teens
- Should I feel guilty about being paid to do nothing?
- Can I get more NCAA eligibility if I change my name?
- What's going on? HBO's Real Sports pulls feature on debate over transgender women competing in sports at last minute
- WaPost article: Meet the Cal cross-country runner who wants to dismantle the NCAA