Quote Of The Day
“In this season of hope, with a new divided government about to take over in Washington, Americans agree on one thing – and not much else, that the nation is more divided than at any time since the 1960s, maybe even the 1850s.”
“Yet in this divisive political time in which identity politics has become the defining order, we still find that runners as a group remain human beings first before ever identifying as right-wing, left-wing, or centrist. It’s as if to say, ‘if we have this one thing in common, then all else becomes secondary. Not immaterial, mind you, just less consequential, for at bottom this is who I truly am, and this is all I need to know about you to appreciate who you really are, as well.’”
“Stripped of their everyday, workaday costumes and clothed in the togs of motion, runners discover a unity through the pursuit of focused purpose, whether fast, slow or moderate in that pursuit. Perhaps that can serve as a lesson for Washington D. C.”
– Toni Reavis writing about the unifying power of running.
- Shoe contracts that END next week
- Allie and Brad move to Arizona (and start a youtube channel)
- Is a sub 2 hour marathon pretty much certain in the next 10 or 15 years from now?
- Should I tell my girlfriend that asking her out was an accident?
- Is this as bad as these RW commenters make it out to be?
- How many racers have never won a race?
- Mexico City or Hawaii in January?