Quote Of The Day
Leonard Korir: “Today was so hot. We were sweating until you can’t sweat anymore.”
Sara Hall: “This is probably the most brutal conditions I’ve ever run in. I’m trying to get better at this, especially with Atlanta having the Olympic trials. My motto for this marathon buildup is ‘Be comfortable being uncomfortable,’ and today is probably the most uncomfortable I’ve ever been.”
– USATF 20k champions Leonard Korir and Sara Hall talking about the intense heat (78 degrees at the start, high of 90) they ran in at New Haven on Monday.
- Japanese runner (NOP's Suguru Osako) showed up to a local half marathon today and ran 1:01
- Answer these questions for me about the NOP and Galen Rupp + a bonus Alberto Salazar interview
- Letsrun called out in BBC article about Mollie Tibbetts and female runners
- Swimming to Running equivalent
- Seriously: How was Dafne Schippers not DQd?
- Marta Freitas wins 2018 ISTAF Berlin mile in 4:22.45 over Kate Grace (4:23.23) as Alexa Efraimson PRs at 4:24.87
- Why were amateur marathonners so fast 30-35 years ago?
- Would an Elimination 5k be the most exciting race in Track? Eliminate last place and award lap leader...
- 0 major WR's below 1500m set in Nike spikes! Are they inferior?
- Has anyone ever done a study on why distance runners get faster times when racing (or being paced)?
- What happened to Mexican long distance running?