Quote Of The Day
“The reason why everyone is acting very much the same is because it’s average. They want to fit in. There’s nothing average about excellence…The gravitation towards the mean, I am completely paranoid of that. If you let the 20th guy off the hook, he reaches up and gets the 19th guy. He reaches up and gets the 18th guy. You might say, oh, I don’t care, three guys at the bottom don’t care. Then before you know it, half the team is being slackers. So where do you draw the line? Well, let’s just draw the line at 20. … Now the peer pressure, other guys get pissed when you don’t do what you should be doing. Because then it’s selfish because it effectively hurts the team and that’s in everyone’s purview now. They understand that.”
– Syracuse University coach Brien Bell talking about the serious non-partying culture on the XC team, despite Syracuse being ranked the #1 party school in the country in 2014.
- Symmonds in Ohio
- How do YOU do strides
- I Am Addicted To Oranges. What If My Diet Just Consisted Of Them?
- What to bring on official visits??
- Am I being unfair to judge some of the guys my age based on how I feel the older men I know used to act when young?
- Would you consider Jordan Hasay the greatest female runner to have participated in the NCAAs?
- Wife says I should gladly let her eat food off my plate without asking first. Is she right?
- RIP, Steve Hoag
- College son doesn't know what to study yet
- Leah O'Connor leaving NorCal, back to MI