Quote Of The Day
Chris Derrick: “At that point, from everything I’ve seen, viewing the sport and watching [Eliud] Kipchoge run and just talking to everyone around him, I’ve basically come to believe that he was capable of anything. Nothing he could do, it might surprise me, but it couldn’t shock me. He just has a certain aura about him, a certain confidence that he can do things that shouldn’t be able to be done.”
Andrew Bumbalough: “It’s this crazy mix of calm and belief. It’s not arrogant. It’s not cocky … It’s kind of the most extreme version of self-belief paired with just this absolute calm and composure. It’s pretty wild. There haven’t been that many athletes that I’ve felt that around … Basically, it made me want to package up a little bit of it and try to emulate it as best I can.”
– Chris Derrick and Andrew Bumbalough sharing their admiration and respect for Eliud Kipchoge after acting as pacers for his sub-2 hour marathon attempt last Saturday.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Shalane announces she is RETIRED!
- Jarmila Kratochvilova explodes against IAAF erasing her 1:53.28 WR
- Definitely worth a laugh: Nike (Or Its PR Firm) Photoshopped The Time On the Clock in Kipchoge Finishline Photo
- Anyone Commute 60+ Miles to Work?
- Things That Make You a Better Runner, In Order
- Why doesn't NIKE sell the clothes they market??
- Will I improve going from 75 mpw to 100 mpw if the extra 25 are all "junk"?
- ESPN "Track & Fear" Piece on UA Coach-Athlete Craziness