Quote Of The Day
“I do read historical fiction but I am kind of a sick puppy. Every time I read a paragraph or a chapter, I am thinking ‘how does this have an influence on my life, my work and my family?’ I think that is the science background where you are always filtering things through perceptual grids to see how that it is affecting the hypotheses that you are currently writing.”
“I enjoy people, I really like puzzles. I enjoy the sport – it’s kind of a passion, hobby, vocation. I am a scientist by training so it is my laboratory. There is a lot of energy and wisdom and experience that has come together to place me where I am today so it is hard to identify singular factors but all those things combine to make it exciting. I am pretty blessed – I get paid to play, that is what my wife says.”
– Super coach Dan Pfaff, whom we’ve been calling a genius for years, talking to Athletics Weekly about the drive that makes him one of the world’s best. As for the current doping crisis, Pfaff says, “I do think track and field is probably a little bit too big to fail in the IOC and WADA’s eyes so I think it is a complex puzzle and it is probably way above my pay grade to evaluate how to sort this out.”
- UW's Colby Gilbert Destroys Edward Cheserek at Hayward Field with 13:44 5k!
- Cop asks Michigan runner to run on sidewalk, arrests her when she doesn't
- Professor at Jos Hermens' gala says sub-2 hour marathon could happen with 5 years
- The Japanese want your opinion on which logo they should select for 2020 Olympics
- Who has run under their weight (lbs) in the marathon (mins)?
- Jairus Birech predicts he and Evan Jager will go 1-2 in Olympic men's steeplechase
- Pat Summitt's married 25-year old son, Tyler, resigns as head coach at La. Tech - Sources: Player is pregnant