Quote Of The Day
“I also enjoyed myself quite a lot in my twenties. There was quite a lot of drinking, quite a lot of smoking and quite a lot of late-night kebabs after nights out with the boys in Bournemouth. … I didn’t like the person I saw in the mirror in the morning and I do remember the emotion I felt, the feeling that ‘right, I’ve really got to do something, make some changes.’ … In order to bury your vices you need to find an equal and opposite addiction. You need to find a passion.”
“For a good two weeks after I got selected for Glasgow it was all a bit surreal. Going from a couch potato to representing my country at a Commonwealth Games was hard to grasp.”
– English marathoner Steve Way talking about his transformation from a 230-pound drinker who smoked 20 cigarettes a day to a 2:16 marathoner. The guy is 40 years old and has a 9-to-5 job, but still puts in 130-mile weeks and will be racing the Commonwealth Games marathon tomorrow.
- Racy Photo Of Nick Symmonds And Kara Goucher
- Bailey Roth breaks 35 year old steeple HSR!
- How would Cain have done in the other events?
- Americans - why do you walk around with your coffee?
- A perfect body or 14:00 5K?
- USATF drops the ball again!
- MARY CAIN DOES IT! CAIN WINS 2014 JUNIOR CHAMPS 300 IN 8:58.48!