- Study: Mental Toughness Accounts For 14% Of Running Performance
- Lance Armstrong's Not Surprised: Many Psychologists Stunned That Many People Get A "High" From Cheating A recent study came out entitled "The Cheater's High: The Unexpected Affective Benefits of Unethical Behavior."
- Unreal: NYRR's 1st President Ted Corbitt Once Did 300 Miles In Six Days At Age 82 Want to learn more about the distance running pioneer? Check out the new http://www.tedcorbitt.com/ which launced last week.
- Sherone Simpson Now Training With Loren Seagrave At ING Academy In Florida There is more to this story. Simpson and Asafa Powell tested positive and former coach Stephen Francis said he wouldn't work with her unless she left agent Paul Doyle. She didn't.
- Good Read: Phil Coppess Remembers That Magical Day 28 Years Ago When He Ran The Still-Standing 2:10:05 Course Record At Twin Cities
- $800 Million Olympic Cancellation Insurance Policy Costs $13.46 Million (A Year)
More Action From Last Weekend
- Incredible: 47-Year-Old Zola Budd Ran 17:47 And Won Collegiate XC Race: HBCU Challenge Pretty amazing. Her daughter did well in the Race of Champions. Youngsters, Budd was very famous/infamous at the 1984 Olympics. *MB: Message Board Thread On Zola Budd
- 20-Year-Old Riko Matsuzaki Wins Japan's First Gold Medal In 5k At East Asian Games In 16:09.72
- Unknown 27-Year-Old Erick Ndiema Wins Family Bank Half Marathon In Eldoret At Altitude In 62:55 The self-coached runner has been running for just 4 years.
- Mercy Kibarus Upstaged World Half Marathon Bronze Medalist Pascaliah Jepkorir In Women's Race (70:51)
- Coming This Weekend: Saturday's BAA Half Marathon Pro Field Announced: Kim Smith And Stephen Sambu Lead Standings To Win $100,000 Lelisa Desisa and Gebre Geremariam are the headliners in the men's field but not eligible for the $100,000 bonus.
- MB: Chicago Marathon Predictions for Ritz and Teg
- 3 Kenyans, Including Last Year's Third Placer Duncan Koech, Are Going For Cologne Course Record Of 2:07:37
NCAA XC *All Weekend NCAA XC Results
- Oregon's Dellinger Invite: High School Junior Alexa Efraismson "Ambushes" The College Women
To Take The Individual Title Over Boise State's Emma Bates At The Dellinger XC Invy It was a close race as Efraismson and Bates both clocked 16:35.
*DyeStat Article On Efraimson's Win, Which Is Believed To Be The Fastest Ever By A Washington Girl In A XC Race
- Oregon Men Win At Home At Dellinger XC Invy, Led By 2nd-Place Finish By Edward Cheserek Washington's Aaron Nelson was the overall winner in 23:55. Alan Webb was also in the race, finishing in 24th place in 24:46.
- Washington Women Take Team Title At Dellinger XC Invy, Beating Oregon By 22 Points
*Full Men's Results *Women's Results *Men's/Women's Race Splits From Dellinger Invite
- MB: HS junior - Alexa Efraimson - wins Dellinger Invitational
- Paul Short: Abbey D'Agostino Dominates Women's Paul Short Race, Winning By 26 Seconds It was a great day for Dartmouth as the unranked teams were second in both races, with the women ahead of #10 Cornell and #12 Villanova and the men ahead of #20 GTown.
- Georgetown Women Win Paul Short XC Over Dartmouth, Villanova And Cornell
- Indiana Men Win Team Title At Paul Short As Harvard's James Leakos Gets Individual Win
- Extreme Heat At Paul Short Puts 18 In Hospital With 150 Sent To Medical Tent Half the day's races were actually cancelled due to the extreme heat.
- MB: Great Day for Dartmouth
*Women Gold Results *Men Gold Results *All Paul Short Race Results
- UC Santa Barbara Lagoon Open: LAURA HOLLANDER 16.36 Opener XC Race
- Notre Dame: Florida State Women Win Notre Dame Invitational Over New Mexico, Led By 2nd-Place Finish By Colleen Quigley Duke's Juliet Bottroff was the individual winner.
*Full Women's Results
- 30th-Ranked Columbia Men Win At Notre Dame, Beating 7 Teams Ranked Ahead Of Them Columbia ran as a strong pack with their first 3 runners only separated by .9 seconds. UTEP's Anthony Rotich won individually in 24:18.
*Columbia Head Coach Willy Wood On Men's Notre Dame Win: "This was probably the greatest win in the history of our program. I could not be more proud of our guys."
*Flotrack Interview With Columbia Men's Team
*Full Men's Results
Discuss: 2013 Notre Dame Invite
- Louisville: Louisville Men Win At Home At Their Greater Louisville Classic On the women's side, Kentucky and Texas A&M tied for first.
*Men's Results *Women's Results
- Also NCAA-Related: Texas Monthly Takes A Very Long Look Inside The Firing Of Texas Head Track Coach Bev Kearney
- NYC: Geoffrey Mutai Says He Can Run 2:04 To Break His Own CR In NYC "Wilson's performance in Berlin has given me the extra impetus to do well in New York. I know the course is very tough but running 2:04 can be achievable if the weather is good."
- Ryan Hall Withdraws From San Jose Half This Weekend, Which Was His Tune-Up Race For NYC Hall's agent Ray Flynn said Hall had a training setback and needed the time to train before New York. Without Hall, top entrants include Ryan Vail, Canadian Dylan Wykes and Fernando Cabada, who was going to run the postponed Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half in VA.
- Ethiopian Bronx Resident Buzunesh Deba Hoping To Become The First New Yorker In 39 Years To Win The NYC Marathon She was 2nd in 2011.
US Elites In The News
- Ryan Hall's Final Blog From Kenya: "I definitely got what I came for in my first trip to Kenya." He said he was very impressed with the self-belief Kenyans runners have and said, "You cannot tell the difference between a 2:04 marathon runner and a 2:20 marathon runner in Kenya; they exude the same confidence and self-belief."
- Elites Giving Back: Brenda Martinez Hosted A Running Camp For 5 Athletes Who Won An Essay-Writing Contest And Will Continue To Mentor Them Ironically, this article about "giving back to the community" appeared on competitor.com.
- US's 400H Olympic Silver Medalist Lashinda Demus Gets Restraining Order Against Husband
- US 110H Champ Ryan Wilson Talks About Bringing Colors Back To Uniforms Instead Of Everyone Wearing The Same Old Boring Kit "Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be too much thinking outside the box, which is a shame because it is one of the oldest sports, so it should be the wisest. ... Instead track and field doesn't do any of that and they wonder why the sport is losing interest."
- Will Leer Talks About His High School Career He mostly played soccer in the fall and had a 4:16.4 1,600 PR.
- Extensive Gary Cohen Q&A With US's 1991 World Marathon Bronze Medalist Steve Spence He is the father of current Hansons-Brooks elite Neely Spence-Gracey.
- Steve Jones Inducted Into Boulder Sports Hall Of Fame In 25th Anniversary Year Of His 2:08:20 NYC Marathon Victory
- Elite Coach: RunningTimes Interview With Providence Coach Ray Treacy
- RunnerSpace Q&A With Aaron Braun
CGI News Gets Attention In The NY Times
- Competitor Group Dropping Elites Gets Mentioned On NY Times Homepage: "Races End Appearance Fees To Top Runners, Drawing Outcry" "The sport is discovering something that the hospital and newspaper industries have learned in recent years: when Wall Street money gains sway, old methods are often dispassionately cast aside if they do not help the bottom line." CEO Scott Dickey said they'll still pay elites' travel and prize money.
- CGI Trend Moving To Japan? Historic Japanese Elite 10 Mile Race Discontinuing To Make Way For A Mass Participation Full Marathon The race director said, "There's a touch of sadness about this decision, but this race has played its role in making Hyogo the home of Japanese distance running. Now we want to support as wide a range of runners as possible and make the Himeji Castle Marathon as popular and successful as we can."
- Breaking The CGI Trend: Austin Marathon And Half Marathon Add Elite Field And $40,000+ Of Elite Athlete Support Great to see other road races stepping up in the wake of other events putting out less elite support. Austin seems to have been listening to recent talk in the news as they'll have their elites visit local schools in the days leading up to the race.
- Nick Willis Reveals How He Got 4,000 People To Show Up And Watch The Sub-4 Mile He Put On In Michigan Here's the skinny: It happens rarely, happens after a nice warmup, and takes less than 4 minutes and it's free. Does that remind you of anything? Of course they showed up.
- Jenny Simpson Enjoying 2 Weeks Off, A Little Afraid She's Going To Drive Her Husband Crazy
- Toni Reavis: Does 1,500 Speed Determine One's Ultimate Marathon Potential
(Will 3:28 1,500 Man Mo Farah Be A Star)?
*MB: Really? Meb's coach: "Anyone who runs a fast 10K can run a fast marathon." - List of fast 10kers but failed marathoners
Post Kipsang World Record News
Day After: Kipsang Does 25-Minute Run, Limps Into Press Conference, Says His Next Marathon Is In April
He is sponsored by adidas so is there any chance it's Boston? We highly doubt it. Kipsang says he was inspired by Paul Tergat's WR in Berlin 10 years ago
as he's like "family" to him as they are from the same area.
*Idiot Who Finished Ahead Of Kipsang Is Charged With "Trespassing"
*Kipsang Is Finalist For IAAF AOY Award We say Bondarenko.
Recommended Read: Renato Canova Analyzes The 2013 Berlin Marathon - Says W. Kipsang Is "Most Consistent Marathon Runner All Time" - Says Kipchoge Might Get WR Next Year He also lavishes praise on both for being two of the most professional and serious in Kenya. *Discuss
You Asked For It? You Get It: MB: Renato Canova tells you what he thinks W. Kipsang could run for a mile
*Science Of Sport: Is The Sub-2-Hour Marathon Imminent? Don't Hold Your Breath
MB: Paul Tergat agrees with LetsRun - Sub-2 marathon is impossible
MB: Want Proof of Mo Farah's Doping? He's reportedly "plotting" a sub-2 hour marathon
*Kipsang's WR This Year Was Track's First Of Year - Meaning The Streak Of At Least One WR Per Year Since 1907 Continues
*Eurosport On Kipsang's WR: One of sport's greatest ever achievements, yet few people even noticed We disagree it was one of sport's greatest achievements. Get back to us when someone breaks 2:03:00.
*Boston's Column: Memo To The World, A Man Ran 2:03:02 In Boston In 2011
*How Long Could You Run With Wilson Kipsang?
Not Everyone Enjoyed A Successful 2013
- Q&A With Dan Huling, Who Calls 2013 Season An "Extreme Disappointment" Huling joined Evan Jager's training group this year.
- Aussie Miler Ryan Gregson Is Still Only 23 And Looks Back At 2013: "I had a bit of a down year."
Stupidity In Britain
- Phillips Idowu Pleads Guilty To Drunk Driving, Loses License For 2 Years, Gets £145 Fine He was nearly 2.5 times the legal limit and loses his license for 2 years and gets a £145 fine. A domestic disturbance with the cops apparently caused him to get in his car.
- Brits Are Taking Seriously Idea That Mo Farah Can Break 2 Hours In The Marathon The talk is crazy. Mo Farah running sub-3:30 was shocking but sub-2:00 is a whole different planet.
- More News From Britain: Puma Exec Bill Sweeney Appointed Head Of British Olympics
NCAA XC News
- Nice Read: Running Times Tells You Everything You Need To Know About Last Weekend's NCAA D1 XC Action
- Daily Relay's Weekly XC Recap
- USTFCCCA Looks Back With Its Athletes Of The Week
- Oct 7 NCAA Regional Rankings - Columbia Men Jump 3 Spots To Top Of Northeast
- Tom Heinonen And 1987 Oregon NCAA XC Champion Team To Be Inducted Into University Of Oregon Athletic Hall Of Fame
- More NCAA News: NCAA May Add Triathlon As A Women's Sport
Non-Twin Cities Weekend Results: Haile G Wins In Scotland
- Great Scottish Run: Haile Gebrselassie Wins Great Scottish Run Half In CR 1:01:10 Over 2012 10k World Leader Emmanuel Bett (1:01:41) UK's Chris Thompson was 5th (1:04:49) and Scotland's America-based Andrew Lemoncello was 6th (1:04:55). GB's Susan Partridge won the women's race in 1:10:40.
- Pre-Race: Daily Record: Olympic Legend Haile Gebrselassie Not Ready To Put His Feet Up Yet "I don't come into any race wanting to come second. At the Great North Run, I was standing between Mo and Kenenisa and I was asked which would be the winner. I was looking at the person thinking: 'do you think I'm in this to be behind them?' I always look to be in front."
- Lisbon Marathon/Half: Former World Half Marathon Champ Wilson Kiprop Wins Portugal RnR Half In CR 1:00:19 Eritrea's World XC bronze medalist Teklemariam Medhin was 3rd in 1:02:05 as Imane Merga was back in 5th (1:02:40) with Tariku Bekele farther back in 8th (1:03:21) and World 10k silver medalist Ibrahim Jeilan making a poor half debut in 11th (1:04:37).
Italy's World Marathon silver medallist Valeria Straneo won the women's race in 1:09.21. In the accompanying marathon, Kenya's Paul Lonyangata won in a Portuguese soil record of 2:09:46 with Ukraine's 9-time Euro XC champ Serhiy Lebid 2nd with 2:11:24 in his debut. Agnes Kiprop took the women's title in 2:31:15.
- Other: Ryan Vail Wins San Jose Half Marathon In 1:02:46; Fernando Cabada 2nd In 1:03:14 Natasha Wodak won the women's race in 1:14:39.
- 2011 Boston Champ Caroline Kilel Wins Kenya Airways Masai Mara Half Marathon Leonard Lang'at won the men's race. This race had an interesting prize as five from this race get sponsorship to run in the 2014 London Marathon.
- World Half Marathon Bronze Medallist John Mwangangi Wins Paul Mulei Half Marathon In Kenya In 1:03:30 Mutheu Kamakya Mutuku won the women's race in 1:14:52.
- Patrick Kiptanui Korir Wins Slovakia's International Peace Marathon In 2:09:36 As The Top 3 Were Only Separated By 9 Seconds IAAF Ethiopia's Ashete Dido won the women's race in a CR 2:27:47.
- JapanRunningNews Japanese Track And Road Weekend Roundup You can watch a video of Yuki Kawauchi shaking the hands of pretty much the entire half marathon field in a tune-up race he was doing for NYC.
- Eritrea's Yossief Tekle And Azeria Teklay Win The International Smarna Gora Mountain Running Race
More Marathon News: When Will Another Woman Run 2:15?
- Berlin Champ Florence Kiplagat Tired Of Having Her Thunder Stolen By Kenyan Men (She Also Won Berlin When Patrick Makau Broke The WR) Kiplagat: "I'm happy but even we (women) can bring the world record to Kenya. It's not always men, men, men, all the time! I’m going to plan how Edna (Kiplagat), (Mary) Keitany and I can work together and break (Paula) Radcliffe's record."
- RW Looks At Paula Radcliffe's 2:15 Marathon WR, Which Has Lasted 10 Years Compare that to the men's marathon WR, which has been broken 5 times since 2003. Jack Daniels says that based on his "VDOT" tables, the men's record is much weaker. It ranks as the 10th "best" men's WR, while Paula's marathon is tied for the best women's record.
- (Ultra) Marathon On A Track: 39-Year-Old Jon Olsen Breaks 24-Year-Old 100-Mile American Record With 11:59:28 (7:11 Pace) The crazy part is he ran it on an indoor track ... 402 laps.
International Stuff: Want To Win A Free Trip To Monaco?
- Usain Bolt Only #40 On Forbes List Of Highest Paid Athletes Their top 10 include Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Drew Brees, Phil Mickelson, Aaron Rodgers and David Beckham.
- Want To Go To Monaco? Win A Trip To The 2013 World Athletics Gala In Monaco You can win by predicting the three men's and women's finalists for the IAAF Athlete of the Year Award.
- German Olympians Will Wear Rainbow-Colored Uniforms At 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics They claim it's not a political statement, but many are calling it a "silent protest" against Russian anti-gay laws.
- Paula Radcliffe Will Be On Anti-Doping Conference Panel On October 17th
- Italy Rules Out "Bankrupt" Rome As Bidder For 2024 Olympics Milan on the other hand could be a potential candidate.
ING TCS New York City Marathon
- New York City Marathon Gets New Title Sponsor For 2014 Since 2003, the Dutch firm ING had the naming rights and now the Indian firm, Tata Consultancy Services, takes over with an 8-year deal.
*Official Press Release
*MB: New 2014 NYC Marathon title sponsor - OUTSOURCING firm Tata Consulting (India) - the TCS New York City Marathon
Private Equity - LetsRun Is Profitable Email Us
Active.com To Be Bought For $1 Billion Despite Fact It's Never Produced A Profit And Messed Up Both Chicago And Marine Corps Marathon Registrations
At Last, A Rival To Nike's Training Groups?
- B.A.A. To Recruit And Support High Performance Group Sponsored By adidas And Coached By Terrence Mahon We are assuming the adidas-sponsored Morgan Uceny will be a part of it.
*Press Release From BAA:
MB Discussion: Coach Terrence Mahon joins BAA to coach a high performance distance running initiative ?
- More US News: Curtis Anderson Is Pumped That In 2014, Hayward Field Will Host Oregon State Champs, Prefontaine, NCAAs And World Juniors We think it's great Eugene has world juniors but totally think track is over-saturated in Eugene. Have world juniors or NCAAs, not both.
- Jenn Suhr Has Been Enjoying Her Time Off, Boating With Her Husband, But Is "starting to miss my training routine."
- NBC Already Celebrating Record Advertising Yield For Winter Games In Sochi And They Haven't Even Started
- During Doping Ban, Justin Gatlin Was Inspired By Usain Bolt Just Like You And I Are
News From Outside The US
- Inspiring Read: Only In Kenya: Abandoned Mother Of 4 Wins $1,100 At Turkana Cross-Country Championship, Former Cattle Rustler Wins Men's Title
- Discuss: 20-year old Japanese runner Genki Yagisawa runs 13:28 - Chris Derrick only ran 13:29 at at 20
- Q&A With Australia's 21-Year-Old 1:45.44 Man Alexander Rowe The 8th-fastest Aussie ever made the semis of Moscow two years after nearly quitting the sport.
- Sally Pearson Has Set Her First WRecord - 100m With An Egg And Spoon In 16.59 Seconds
#1 Read On LRC On Friday: Guest Column From A Pro
LRC David Torrence Responds To John Bingham: The Blaming Of The Elites Has To Stop John Bingham recently wrote that the
first pro to show "even a LITTLE interest in the rest of the pack will become a hero overnight." 3:52 miler David Torrence saw that and was spurred to share his story as he's been showing a ton of interest in the back of the pack and is far from a well-recognized hero. *Discuss
What Does The Penguin Say To This? Pros Inspiring The Youth At The 5th Avenue Mile Presented By Nissan
(5th Avenue Photo Gallery Updated)
US Marathon Champs Were Sunday At Twin Cities *Marathon Results *10k Results *5k Results
- Nick Arciniaga Wins Close Men's Race For First Marathon Win And USA Title; Annie Bersagel Takes Women's Title Comfortably It was a super-close one on the
men's side as Arciniaga outkicked Josphat Boit for the title.
*Pioneer Press TCM Photo Essay
- Recommended Read: Toni Reavis Looks At The Money Situation In American Running And How US Runners Don't Have The Same Risk/Reward Incentive As Kenyans Reavis points out how in Kenya "even a modest payday at a prize money race ran change one's quality of life significantly" while in the US it might be the difference between "living with three roommates to renting an apartment alone for a year."
- Recommended Read: St. Paul Pioneer Press Story On Twin Cities Marathon Men's CR Holder Phil Coppess, Who Set The Record In 1985 At 2:10:05 While Working Full Time In A Factory And Raising 3 Kids There is actually someone in LA right now making a documentary and hoping to eventually make feature-film movie on Coppess' life and record run. Coppess also won the 1982 Chicago Marathon, beating out Olympic champion Frank Shorter and Olympian Garry Bjorklund.
- DownTheBackStretch Men's Recap Arciniaga actually let the leaders go for a time, saying that he had hamstring issues throughout the race and thinking it might even tear, but was able to get through it and reel everyone back in.
*DownTheBackStretch Women's Recap
*Good Play-By-Play Recap From USATF *Organizer Press Release *Star Tribune Marathon Race Story And Photos *MB Thread
- Mbarak Hussein Wins Men's US Masters Champs In 2:20:20; Sheri Piers Wins Women's In 2:38:33
- Jonathan Grey And Danielle Stack Kick Off Twin Cities Marathon Weekend With New Course Records At The TC 10K (29:58 And 35:21) Andrew Calrson won the TC 5K Run/Walk in 14:46.
*10k Results *5k Results
- We Need More Of This: Twin Cities In Motion Reaffirms Elite Athlete Support Executive Director Virgina Brophy Achman said, "We have four pillars in our mission and the sport is one of those pillars. We've had a long-standing position since the '80s when we began supporting post-collegiate athletes."
Mo Farah News
- "Ambitious" Is One Way To Put It: Seb Coe Says Mo Farah's Bid To Break 2 Hours In The Marathon Is "a very, very ambitious aim." "To put that into perspective and to understand what that means, go down to your local running track, run a lap in under 70 seconds, and then continue for 105 laps. You get the scale of what we are talking about."
- Good Read: Excerpt From Mo Farah's Autobiography Talking About His Childhood And Dealing With His 12-Year Separation From His Twin Brother Hassan "Twelve years is a long time to be away from someone you love. It's hard to describe the joy of that moment [seeing his brother again]. It felt like a part of me had been missing the whole time I had been growing up ... At last, the void in my life was gone."
Don Valley Replacement Stadium Woodburn Road Opens In Sheffield, Hometown To UK's Jessica Ennis The stadium had £325,000 worth of improvements that were needed to make it fit for training and competition after a period of non-use.
VCB / Doping News
- European 5,000m Champion Olga Golovkina Becomes 32nd Russian Athlete This Year To Test Positive For Drugs
- Interesting Read That Asks Some Good Questions: Jamaica Gleaner: Is A Public Warning For VCB Punishment Enough? "My question is, does a public warning really make sense? A public warning is not 'punishment.' It's essentially saying, we won't punish you now; be careful, or else. But if the panel believes you are guilty, a public warning essentially gets you off scot free."
- VCB Thanks Her Supporters And The Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association Disciplinary Committee For Support And Understanding
- Jamaica Gleaner Reports That Two "Unnamed Insiders" Have Said The Jamaican Disciplinary Panel's Recommendation Is Unlikely To Be Upheld By The IAAF Or Go Unchallenged By WADA One insider said, "Honestly, I believe that it is unlikely to be upheld; if that happens, then I would be surprised."
Athletes In Trouble
- GB TJer Phillips Idowu To Appear In Court On Drunk Driving Charge
- US Olympic Shot Putter Jillian Camarena-Williams Received A 6-Month Ban After Testing Positive For A Banned Substance Found In Her Prescribed Fertility Medication
- Saucony Moves Up To #2 In Specialty Running In August Brooks #1, Asics #3.
- Reebok Signs U.S. Olympian Carrie Tollefson As New Brand Running Ambassador Reebok does not sponsor many current pros at all.
Week That Was
LRC WTW Wilson
Kipsang's WR, How Much Men's Marathoning Has Changed The Last Decade, How Little Women's Marathoning Has, Props To Eliud Kipchoge And Paula R, & College XC Talk We break down Wilson Kipsang's new world record in the marathon,
look at how much men's marathoning has changed in the last ten years, realize how little women's marathoning has changed and give props to Paula Radcliffe. Eliud Kipchoge gets some praise as does Irina Mikitenko and we look at the Oregon men's and Providence women's chances in NCAA XC.
Good News: Patrick Makau's Knee Pain Is Being Caused By Back Problems Says Doctor To The Stars, Full Return Expected The former world record holder's knee pain has been traced to back problems. A lot of you suffering from knee pain might want to look into this.
Race Admin News
- Interesting Idea: Syracuse Looking To Charge For-Profit Companies More To Rent Its Parks For example, one for-profit "Color Run" race that paid $4,000 to use Onondaga Lake Park in May might have to pay $40,000 this coming year.
- Race Organizers Of America, Please Make Your Courses Accurate: Why Should Cross-Country Courses Be Measured Accurately? This article by On Course Rating Systems is talking about XC courses, which can admittedly be hard to measure. But there is no excuse ever for road races being hundreds of meters long or short.
*On Course Rating Systems Website Really cool website that rates XC courses and lets you compare times from well known courses, such as Van Cortlandt Park and Lehigh (Paul Short).
- NY Times: New York City Marathon To Have Tighter Security After Boston Bombings
How Is The Government Shutdown Affecting Runners? Many Running Routes Across The Country Are Inaccessible With National Parks Shutdown & Some Races Might Be Cancelled Even worse, intercollegiate sports at military academies have been suspended, so teams like West Point Cross-Country can't travel to meets and will miss Paul Short this weekend.
*Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon Forced To Postpone Due To U.S. Government Shutdown
*Sunday's Jersey Shore Half Marathon Will Likely Be Cancelled Due To Government Shutdown
Crazy: Charging Moose Shot At Middle School XC Race In Anchorage, Alaska It was shot and killed by a police officer when it charged at a pack of girl runners on the course. The officer was there watching his daughter race.