American Hopefuls Kara Goucher And Desiree Davila To Run Boston 2011 Davila has come a long way in her career as she got equal billing with Goucher in the press release. Last week it was announced Ryan
Hall is running Boston.
On The Boards: Desi will kick Kara's butt this April
Kenny Moore Has New Book On "Track Town" USA
Lengthy Eugene Register-Guard Article On Book We're not sure how you can get this book outside of Portland. We highly recommend Kenny Moore's classic "Best Efforts" if you want a great read on some of the legends in the sport.
- USATF Posts CEO Job Description
- Neely Spence Interview The DII star whose dad was 1991 World Championship bronze medallist in the marathon, commits a cardinal sin and publicly admits to visiting LetsRun.com.
- Lengthy Feature Profile on Amy Begley runningtimes.com
- Dylan Wykes Talks About Winning Cal International
- Mark Wetmore Video Interview on Why He Doesn't Coach Pros Full-Time Wetmore lives in the real world and knows college coaching is more financially secure.
- USATF Club Nationals Photos
The Spanish Doping Raid Continues To Make News
- LRC Last Year's European XC Champ Alemayehu Bezabeh Admitted He Was Just About To Transfuse A Bag Of Blood Bezabah apparently thought there was nothing wrong with it and for some reason we believe he's telling the truth. "He told me that he was just about to tap the bag, and when I told him that this was doping and that he couldn't be on the team, he was shocked."
- LRC Marta Domínguez: "I've Never Dealt Drugs."
- Marta Dominguez Denies She's A Drug Cheat
- Spanish Athletic Head Calls Himself In Doping Scandal
- LRC Jesus España: "It was a well-known secret."
Are We The Only Ones Who Think All Of This Is A Tiny Bit Ridiculous?
- Physiologists At US Olympic Training Center Give Nick Willis Tips On How To Beat Alan Webb
- Norwegian Olympic Javelin Champ Enjoying Training At US Olympic Training Center In San Diego
- 2010 Kampala Marathon Director Must Give Back Prize Money & Trophy As Kenyan Federation Didn't Clear Him
Not Running Related
FIFA Head Says Gays Shouldn't Have Sex During 2022 World Cup Think that's hard? The
hooligans fans will have to go without alcohol during the cup as well.
Honolulu - America's 3rd-Largest Marathon *Top Results
Despite Assistance, Belainesh Gebre Declared Honolulu Marathon Champ The Flagstaff-based Gebre has been tearing it upon the roads. She was not invited to the elite field so she flew to Honolulu on her own and entered the race with her boyfriend. He paced her during the race and they shared drinks, but despite a protest she still got the $40,000 prize.
Men: Last Year's Runner-Up Nicholas Chelimo Pockets $40,000
2010 USATF Club Nats *Results
- McMillan Elite Sweeps Team Titles At USATF National Club Cross-Country Championships
The individual winners were Aaron Braun and Rene Metivier Baillie.
- Moussa And Bayliss Repeat As Junior Olympic Champions
Previous Spanish Doping News
- Latest On Spanish Doping: 6 Defendants Appear Before Judge On Sunday, Money Laundering Suspected, Offshore Accounts
- Follow The Money: Dominguez Suspected Of Money Laundering, Making Good $$$ On Doping Ring; There May Be Warehouse In Madrid With Blood From Athletes This article also says the scandal may extend outside of Spain and to other sports.
- Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes' Lawyer Says He Is Innocent Fuentes was suspected by some to be the mastermind of the doping ring raided with Operation Puerto and may still be facing charges in that matter.
- "Dr. Doping" (Fuentes) Said In May He Was Done With Sports Apparently not.
- Marta Dominguez Not Among Athletes Questioned By Spanish Judge On Sunday
- Shot Putter Manuel Martinez Speaks Out And Gives His Support To Doping Probe
- European 5,000 Runner-Up Jesús España (Like LRC) Wasn't Surprised And Called The Doping "An Open Secret" (translated from Spanish) Like LetsRun.com, España wasn't surprised by the doping allegations and is thrilled to see it come to light. "It is an open secret that finally begins to come to light. Many of us greatly rejoice."
- Sabino Padilla, Doctor Of 5-Time Former Tour de France Champ Miguel Indurain And 1995 World Marathon Champ Martin Fiz, Apears To Be Involved In Scandal (translated from Spanish) Our Spanish lessons are wearing off, so we need a fluent speaker to tell us for sure.
- Clean Athletes & Coaches Rejoice That Dirty Little Secret Is Now Exposed (translated from Spanish) One coach says he's been waiting for 30 years for this day as cheaters usurped him by taking shortcuts.
- Police Have Secret Videos Of People Being Injected With PEDs
- One Of The Bags Of Blood Belongs To Reigning European XC Champ Bezabeh (translated from Spanish)
Random Stuff Possibly Worth Reading
- Recommended Read: Michael Aish Talks About Trying To Make It As A Pro The article is very interesting of full of interesting anecodotes, including the fact that Aish was coached by Arthur Lydiard as a kid but had no idea who he was and just thought he was some old guy from down the road.
- Caster Semenya Doesn't Do Time Trial - Not Fit Enough To Race Until February
- Update On Julius Achon's Charity Work In Uganda Some very interesting stuff. Imagine never having had a soda in your life.
- Cornell Ex Muhammad Halim Setting National Records
Previous Spanish Doping News
Victim #1: European XC Champ Alemayehu Bezabeh Pulls Out Because Of Doping Probe This only going to get bigger. The focus is on Spanish legend and World steeple champion Marta Dominguez, who was arrested Thursday. Bags of blood have been seized and the implications
are huge. Dominguez is a hugely popular athlete in Spain. Interestingly, her coach Cesar Perez ran at UTEP in the '90s. A great place to start may be this message board thread. It's got talk of Perez, interesting debates on doping and some great posts by Renato Canova, top coach of many of the star runners from Africa. Canova gives a lecture on the difference in class in runners and knocks the depth of the women's steeple.
*61 Spanish Athletes Sign Declaration Supporting Raids And Doping Probe
*Spanish Newspaper Headline: "Doping Brings Down Another Legend"
*Coverage From El Pais Translated to English.
World Steeple Champ Marta Dominguez Arrested In Doping Raid The pregnant Dominguez has reportedly been arrested. *Message Board Thread Here
*Reuters Article Here
Paul Tergat's Brush With Death
Tergat's Car Was Crushed Between Two Trucks, Says It Is A Miracle He Survived "On my right was a tanker that had stalled. But on the on the
left side, was another trailer heading my way for a head-on crash. I had
to make a move. I swerved, and that is all I can remember. Everything went dark. I could hear a woman shout, 'Is this Tergat?' I said, 'It is Tergat.' I don't know if they heard me."
*More On Tergat With Photo
Paul Tergat Injured In Car Accident Tergat seems to be okay but he was flown to a new hospital for further treatment. *LRC MBoard Talk
Thursday's Zatopek 10k Down Under *Results
Menjo Dominates 50th Zatopek 10k In the humid conditions of Melbourne, LRC legend Josphat Menjo pulled away after the halfway mark to win the Zatopek 10k. The former 6-night-a-week boozer, Ben St. Lawrence, finished ahead of American star and former NCAA 5k champ Bobby Curtis.
*Melbourne Herald Sun Recap
*A More Relaxed Craig Mottram Says There Is "No Doubt" That His Best Is Yet To Come He was on hand as a spectator at the Zatopek 10k.
A Look At The 50 Years Of The Zatopek 10 IAAF
Ben St. Lawrence Has Gone From Overweight Boozer (Photo To Prove It) To Aussie Star
BBC Interviewer Says She Couldn't Call Marion Jones A Drug Cheat We understand the press isn't as free in Britain as it is in the US but if she's that scared of a lawsuit she should get out of the business. *Original Interview Here
Something To Ponder
What Are The Odds That David Rudisha Gets Another WR In 2011, That Usain Bolt Is #1 In The 100 In 2011 Or That Haile G. Wins Olympic Gold In 2012? Seb Coe and Ato Boldon and others answer these questions, but we think they give Bolt way too little credit and Haile G. way, way too much.
Some Big Names Call It Quits
- Stunning: Gary Reed Retires The Canadian 800m star got a silver at the 2007 Worlds, was 4th in the 2008 Olympics and is only 29 years old.
- Michael Wilbon Retires From The Washington Post & Says A Track & Field Race Was His Favorite Moment During His Entire Career In Sports Journalism Wilbon penned a goodbye column this week. Can you guess which Olympic race caused him to write with tears?
- Japan's 2:07:52 Man Tomoaki Kunichika Retires He was a 1996 Olympian and by our stats retires as the 29th fastest non-African in history.
Somewhat Interesting Reads
- Recommended Read Kenya's 1st-Ever Olympic Medallist Wilson Chumo Doesn't Mind Lack Of Accolades The guy who won bronze in the 800 in 1964 is very humble. The article also reveals that Henry Rono is up for the Kenyan HOF this year.
- Confident (Or Cocky?) Silas Kiplagat Reflects On His Breakout 2010 Season The article has some great insight from his coach Moses Kiptanui.
- Sac Bee: The Only Athletes Likely To Quit The Marathon Are Elites
LetsRun.com Celebrity News
Nike Cross Nationals *Live Thread *Girls Results *Boys Results
Boys: Lukas V. Wins Edward Cheserek, a Kenyan kid now living in NJ, was 2nd (more on his NXN race here).
Defending Champ Craig Lutz of Texas was third. Lukas will defend his Foot Locker title next weekend.
Arcadia (CA) won the team title. The F-M Boys were second.
*Jim Rosa's High School XC Career Ends In Disappointment As He Was Just 78th Well, he should take solace that Chris Solinsky was 73rd at NCAAs in 2006. The article makes it sound like brother Joe Rosa is nowhere close to coming back.
*Recommended Read: Meet The Amazing Edward Cheserek The orphan showed up in the US in June with no luggage, just the clothes on his back.
*2nd Great Article On Cheserek
On The Boards: Lukas who? Japanese high school kid runs 28:23 10k!!!!
Girls: Rachel Johnson Of Texas Wins It Johnson was only 3rd in her Foot Locker Regional last weekend, but has a good excuse, as girls in Texas only run 2 miles in XC. Next week she'll be back at the Foot Locker Nationals. The F-M Girls won their 5th in a row in a runaway.
*Fayetteville-Manlius Girls Win 5th Straight With Record Low Score Of 27 & Scary Thing Is They Might Be Even Better Next Year They only have one senior in their lineup. *Local Coaches Praise Powerhouse F-M Girls Program
From The LRC Archives: Training Talk With F-M Coach Bill Aris He's clearly doing something right with 5 straight girls championships and now 2 boys runner-ups.
Olympic Javelin's Jav Caught By Google Street View Let's hope they catch Marion Jones injecting herself next.
- Italian Daniele Meucci, Who Got Italy's First European Distance Medal Since 1990, Is Inspired By Chris Solinsky If you thought American distance runners were bad in the '90s, look at Italy. They didn't have a European medal for 20 years.
Interesting Read Sports Economics: Daegu, Korea To Spend $190 Million On World Championships Asia apparently is the only one with money left to burn.
LRC In Monaco
LRC US Sprints Stars Jeremy Wariner And Allyson Felix Look Back At 2010 And Ahead To 2011 Wariner wants to keep getting stronger as he has put his knee surgery behind him. Felix is preparing for a possible quadruple
in London but first she'll have to beat VCB in an Olympics- something she hasn't done.
Previous From Monaco:
LRC 800m World Record Holders: Juantorena, Coe, Kipketer And Rudisha All Together In One Room For The First Time Ever We didn't hype this enough last week because of NCAAS but you'll learn something if you give this a read or watch.
LRC Bernard Lagat Says The 5k Is His Focus; Watch Out For His Brother, Robert Cheseret
LRC Dayron Robles And David Oliver Agree On One Thing - Allen Johnson Is The Best Hurdler Of All Time Robles and Oliver were really entertaining. Oliver is now one of our favorite US runners.
Webb's Comeback Continues On Turkey Day!
Boards: Webb Over Rupp In Silicon Valley Trot
Alan Webb (13:36) kicked past Galen Rupp for the win in a last-minute matchup of training partners at the Applied Materials Silicon Valley Turkey Trot.
*Top 10 Men's Results NAU junior Diego Estrada wasn't happy with his 16th at NCAAs on Monday so he ran 13:50 for 4th on Thursday.
*Mercury News Recap With Webb Quotes
*LRC Reader Gets Race Photos Word from out west is Webb looks fitter than ever.
*Video: Salazar Talks After The Race, Plus Men's Finish
2010 NCAAs Aftermath *LRC Men's Recap *Men's Results *LRC Men's Photo Gallery *LRC Women's Recap *Women's Results *LRC Women's Photo Gallery *See Who LRC Visitors Voted For Here (LetsRun $201,000 Contest Scores Here)
*LRC Oklahoma State And Chelanga Repeat!!! History repeated itself but things didn't necessarily go as expected, as Oklahoma State dominated and Sam Chelanga didn't win until the very end. Florida State went from 2nd-from-last to 2nd as the Cowboys' only real challenger on the day in Wisconsin faded, as their third runner
totally blew up in the final 2k collapsed some 250 meters from the finish line.
*High Winds Hurt Colorado As Their Run-From-Behind Strategy Ran Into Difficulties The Buff men had their worst showing since 1989, as they were 15th.
*Okla. State Newspaper: Cowboys Bring Home School's 50th NCAA Title & Third Largest Margin Of Victory 5th man Jonathan Stublaski had to lobby his way onto the team after bombing at conference and he came through with All-American honors. Meanwhile, the Okla. State paper features a LetsRun.com photo as we decided to be nice and give the poor college students one for free. T. Boone Pickens, please send us a check.
Kenyans Are Pumped Rudisha Is 1st Ever Kenyan To Be Named World Athlete Of The Year *More On IAAF Athletes Of The Year David Rudisha And Blanka Vlašić
*Blanka Vlašić And David Rudisha Win IAAF Athlete Of The Year Awards *IAAF Release Additionally, both athletes will receive $100,000 despite the IAAF's financial situation.
LRC Juantorena, Coe, Kipketer And Rudisha All Together In One Room For The First Time Ever There may never be a night like it for the 800m. The last four world record holders, Alberto Juantorena, Seb Coe, Wilson Kipketer and David Rudisha all gathered together to reminisce about their record runs, to pay their respects to one another and to discuss the uniqueness of the 800m. It was a truly special occasion and these greats were almost giddy about it. They mesmerized the room for 40 minutes. Juantorena and Kipketer wanted their own photos, Coe said the photo would be his Christmas card, and Juantorena also wanted a video of the occasion. We then were notified we have the only video of it in the world. Recap and video.
More Great Stuff From The IAAF Meetings In Monaco LRC Bernard Lagat Says The 5k Is His Focus; Watch Out For His Brother, Robert Cheseret The American 3k and 5k record holder talks about his 2010 season, what took him so long to get the American record, raising the bar for Americans, and the bar being raised by Dathan Ritzenhein. Plus he says watch out for his brother, Robert Cheseret.
LRC Dayron Robles And David Oliver Agree On One Thing - Allen Johnson Is The Best Hurdler Of All Time Robles and Oliver were really entertaining. Oliver is now one of our favorite US runners.
Rupp And Ritzenhein To Race Great
Edinburgh XC On January 8th Great to see some Americans running XC. Message board thread on their decision here.
*Serhiy Lebid To Lead European Team At Edinburgh XC
*Lebid Would Love To Get His 10th European XC Title Next Year
Tuesday's Spanish Doping News
- Marta Dominguez's Former Coach Talks About Marta Switching Coaches, Cutting Her Off Completely Google translated.
- 4 Years Ago In Operation Puerto, Cyclists Spoke Out Against Doping Raids; 4 Years Later, Track Athletes Speak Out Against Doping Google translated.
- Spanish Athletics Doping Scandal: Sergio Sanchez Opens Up About Doping In Spain "It's very easy to walk into a doctor's office with 7,000 bucks in your pocket (5,000 euros) and tell the doctor that 'the time has come to reach my full potential.'"
Deserves Another Day Near The Top: Gary Reed Calls It A Career
- It's Official: Gary Reed Has Retired!!! The sport needs more class acts like him. A Recommended Read for sure.
- 2nd Nice Article On Reed's Retirement
- Athletics.ca Announcement
- 15 British Track and Field Legends Plead for 2012 Olympics Track to Be Retained After Olympics
- Profile of European 200m Champ Myriam Soumare She trains with a low key local club.
- British Millionaire is Giving Cash to British Athletes (And Taking Jessica Ennis to Wagyu Beef Dinners)
Post-European XC News
- Athletics: Providence's David McCarthy Leads Irish Team To U 23 Gold & Glory
- British Women Claim Team Silver
- European XC Champ Sergey Lebid To Captain European Team At BUPA Great Edinburgh Cross Meet In January The meet has a new format (explained here). In addition to the world's best racing at 4km, there will be a US vs. Britiain and N. Ireland vs. Europe at 8km.
- Running USA's The 10 Best Moments For US Distance Running In 2010
- Brooks Johnson Tells Justin Gatlin To Copy Dwain Chambers In Comeback
- Hurdler Tiffany Ofili Gives Up On US - To Represent Britain If you can't make the finals at US, you are viewed as a medal threat in Britain.
- South African Miler Can't Make $731 Bonus For Going Sub-4:00
2010 Foot Locker Finals Are History *Results *Action Photos *Boys Finish Photos *Girls Finish Photos *2000 Race Photos *Photos Of All The Foot Locker Winners Here *$20,010 LRC Prediction Contest Scores
LRC Favorites Lukas Verzbicas And Aisling Cuffe Take Care Of Business Verzbicas cemented his legacy as one of the all-time greats as he became just the third boy to repeat. Cuffe capped off a truly dominant senior year as she won by 34 seconds.
*Photo Above From TrackandFieldPhoto.com, More Photos Here
*Verzbicas' Facebook Page Had Been Focused On Number 2 For Weeks
*Stanford Signee Cuffe: "I tried to break them early." She certainly did that.
European XC *Results
European XC Men: Serhiy Lebid Gets His Ninth European Title Afterwards, Lebid says he has given up hopes of training for the marathon. He is great at one thing ... cross-country.
European XC Women: Portugal's Jessica Augusto Gets Gold on Home Turf The Brits are happy as Charlotte Purdue won the junior race and the women got a silver.
Recommended Read: Meet "The Next Sonia" - Ciara Mageean At 15, she was the Irish 1,500 champ. She might make an NCAA school real happy real soon. *Mageean Is Watching Last Year's Runner-Up Gulshat Fazlitdinova *Ireland's Best Year By Year At World XC
Excellent Read: 10-Year Anniversary: Ritz Over Webb Over Hall At Foot Locker
It was an epic race and Ritz dominated. Classic 2000 Race photos here. Photos of all past winners here. More FL history here. It's the 20th anniversary of Louie Q's dominating win.
BAA Changing Leadership: Tom Grilk To become Executive Director; Guy Morse Will Become Organization's First Senior Director Of External Affairs You can check out Morse's salary and all the BAA financials here (they appear to pay all their pro runners through John Hancock so they don't have to reveal the amounts of the appearance fees). NYRR financials are here. They must use a similar tactic.
US Distance News
- Khannouchis Are Divorcing, But Sandra Will Still Coach Khalid And They're Both Moving To Colorado Springs Sounds like a very amicable divorce. Clearly Special K has not given up on competing.
- USATF Club Champs Preview: Michael Crouch, Aaron Braun, Brett Gotcher And Jason Hartmann All Running Hansons, Boulder Running, McMillan Elite all will be running this weekend.
- New Balance Indoors To Be Only National High School Meet This Winter
- Bill Rodgers Runs 1:39:39 For Half Marathon He was duking it out on the course with a woman age-grouper most of the race. He had a similar battle with Letsrun.com's Rojo 12 years ago with Rojo coming out on top.
The Stars Of Track And Field Party In Monaco *Wejo's Photo Gallery 1 *Pro Photo Gallery 2
Week In Review
LRC Week That Was - Fukuoka, Working Hard For A Living, Cal International And NXN We go beyond the headlines to give you the scoop of what is happening in the sport. We present to you a difficult way you can make $77,000 a year from running, analyze American vs. Japanese marathon depth, show you the favorites always win in our sport and then turn around and have some interesting stories from NXN on underdogs coming out on top. We even point out the first mistake ever made from the Nike marketing department.
Politics & Running Collide
- Anti-Immigration Politician In Italy Demands Marathons Stop Being Funded Since "Winners Are Always Africans And Foreigners In Underpants"
- Leftists Call For adidas Boycott Of Jerusalem Marathon Apparently the course goes right through a heart of some annexed land.
Miguel Heras, Brother Of Cyclist Roberto Heras, Wins North Face Endurance 50 Mile And $10,000 Ultra star Geoff Roes was passed in the final miles by Heras. More here. Nice video
recap here. We must say it looks pretty interesting.
*Max King And Sally Meyerhoff Win XTerra Trail Champs And $2k
Fukuoka Marathon *Video Highlights (In Japanese) *RR: Amazing Marathon Stats
- 2 Time World Champ, Olympic Silver Medallist Jaouad Gharib Wins In Fukuoka Amerian Fasil Bizuneh dropped out in the hot conditions. *Japan Running News Recap *Andrew Lemoncello Also Dropped Out He had a good one going before being hit with a side stitch.
- Cal International: Dylan Wykes Wins Cal In 2:12:39
- Scott Bauhs 1:02:38 Half Marathon In Vegas *Josh Cox Gets More Publicity (2:25 Win)
- James Kirwa Wins White Rock
- 2:14 And 2:35 Win In Singapore
- 2:08 At Age 40, 47-Year-Old Former NYC Champ Andres Espinoza Shooting For 2:15 At Age 50 He ran the Metro PCS Dallas White Rock marathon this weekend and ran 2:31 after a 1:13 first half.
Weekend XC Action
Men: Adams State Over Western Scott Simmons-coached Michael Crouch got the individual win.
Women: Grand Valley State Wins Over Western Former WC marathon bronze medallist Steve Spence's daughter Neely got the win.
Message Board Thread On DII
LRC Fans Division II Predictions From Our Prediction Contest They picked 3 of the 4 winners.
- Ryan Hall Sighted In Flagstaff
- Unreal: 59:54 Guy In Peter Kariuki Doesn't Have A Manager
- Irish Athletics On The Way Back? 28 National records set in 2010.
- Sanya Richards Pleased As 200-400 Double Is Possible At 2012 Olympics
- Recap Of Saturday's Cross Meet In Kenya
4-Time World XC Silver Medallist Catherina McKiernan Reviews Ian O'Riordan's New Book The Irish Times writer's book isn't available in the US but looks interesting and is called "Miles to Run, Promises to Keep - Strange adventures of the distance runner."
- Ex-Student Association Does Not Want High School In Jamaica Renamed For Asafa Powell We think it's crazy to name a high school even for Usain Bolt. Let them finish competing first.
- Usain Bolt's New Track In Jamaica To Host Meets In 2011
Week In Review WikiLeaks Style
LRC NCAA Week In Review We didn't steal the data or jeopardize national security, but in the tradition of WikiLeaks, we have a data dump in our Week In Review that covers the NCAA XC Meet. Also, last week Alan Webb took down Galen Rupp on the roads at 5k.
USOC Hopes IOC Participates In LaShawn Merritt's Arbitration We're the biggest anti-dopers out there and think the IOC needs to follow the WADA code and let Merritt compete in 2012 ... or change the rules.
Lots Of European Weekend XC Action
- World XC Champ Joseph Ebuya Crushes Diamond League 5k Champ Imane Merga In France By 29 Seconds As Linet Masai Wins
- Eritrea's Teklemariam Medhin Wins In Spain As "Menjo" Finishes 2nd Losing to Medhin is nothing to be embarrassed about, as he beat Ebuya earlier this year.
- Steffen Uliczka And Adrienne Herzog Prevail In Tilburg
- Irish Woodies DIY Inter-County Cross-Country Championships
- Italian Meet
Asian Games Are Over
Korea's Ji Young-Jun Breaks Away From World Silver Medallist Mubarak Hassan Shami And Wins Asian Games Marathon
Thrilling 10k Battle Between
Ethiopia & Kenya Bahrain And Qatar Highlight Next-To-Last Day Of Asian Champs A new record of 27:32 was set as the winner came back from 60 meters down over the final 3 laps to win narrowly.
*Reminiscent Of Beijing 2008, Host China Puts On An Impressive Show The host nation once again wowed spectators with dazzling ceremonies, top-notch security and a record haul of 199 gold medals (all sports). Liu Xiang was of course one of the major stars.
*IAAF Day 6 Recap
*Chinese Fans And Media Ecstatic With Liu Xiang's 13.09 Return
*Iran's Sajad Moradi And Iraq's Adnan Taees Akkar Go 1-2 In Men's 800
*Guangzhou Spent 20% More On Asian Games Than London Will On 2012 Olympics $18.3 billion in funds went to hosting the games in a a move local officials hope will pay off in long run with more events being hosted.
*Singapore Govt. Condemns National Flag On Front Of Swimmers' Speedos
13.09 For Liu Xiang As He Wins Asian Games A surprisingly good time for Liu. In other action, World 1,500m champ Yusuf Kamel did not start the 800 a couple days after criticizing team officials for making him running the 1,500. He said then, "I know that I can't achieve anything."
More Rudisha AOY News
Famed Coach Brother Colm O'Connell Says Rudisha's "Not There Yet" To truly be considered great, the world record holder needs a world and Olympic title.
"The Party Continues" The Standard of Kenya The worldwide domination of little LetsRun.com continues as this Kenyan article quotes from LetsRun.com detailing the incredible gathering of David Rudisha, Seb Coe, Wilson Kipketer and Alberto Juantorena in one room for the first time ever. If you haven't read our recap of the event or watched the exclusive video Juantorena wants a copy of, click here.
2010 NCAAs Are History *Women's Results *LRC Women's Photo Gallery *Men's Results *LRC Men's Photo Gallery
*LRC Sheila Reid Leads Villanova To Repeat Title!!! Individual champ Sheila Reid led 'Nova to a record 9th title as Florida State was 2nd and #10 Texas Tech was 3rd.
*Reid The Leader Of The Pack As 'Nova Repeats Reid has overcome the injury that ended Bo Jackson's career.
*Oregonian: Oregon Ends Up With Two 3rd Place Individuals In Hasay And Puskedra
*AP Recap Of NCAA Meet *ESPN.com Recap *Philly.com Recap Of 'Nova And Reid
(More Men's Coverage In 1st Column)
Recommended Read: Q&A With Famed Track And Field Journalist James Dunaway He'll be only the 2nd journalist inducted into the T&F Hall of Fame and he deserves the honor after more than 50 years in the sport. A great guy and an LRC visitor.
A Truly Crazy Read: Two Rochester, NY Old Guys Battling It Out To Become 1st Marathoner To Run 1,000 In History One is 79 years old and had a stroke and lives in a nursing home and has a walker but plans to run some more, while his 90-year-old friend is playing catchup as he's 220 behind.
Amazing 50-Year-Old Elina Zvereva Aiming For 2012 Games In Discus She's no slouch, as she did win Olympic gold at age 39.
Highlights Of Menjo's Win Down Under At Zatopek 10k
Athlete Blog News
Zatopek 10k History And Preview
North Face 50 Miler Recap (Looks Interesting And Crazy At The Same Time)
What's Next For Rudisha After Hero's Welcome In Kenya? (If You Haven't Heard About Rudisha, Coe, Kipketer And Juantorena Getting Together, Click Here)
800m Royalty Together For The First Time Ever: Juantorena, Coe, Kipketer And Rudisha (It's Well Worth A Watch If You Have The Time, Or Read The Recap Here)
Webb Beats Rupp - Silicon Valley Turkey Trot Finish Video - More, Including Interview With Salazar, At Spiked Up Psyched Up Blog
Old 15k WR Holder Interviews New WR Holder
LetsRun.com's Message Boarders Rejoice
Despite Being European 400m Champ, Kevin Borlée's Dad Wants Him To Move Up To The 800 He is the "slow" Borlée twin yet was the European champ this year. He's not ready to move up.
NYC Champ Edna Kiplagat Getting Props In Boulder
- Kiplagat Wins NYC, Relaxes In Boulder And Her Family Wants To Know If She Met Edison Pena
- Denver Post Profile On Kiplagat And Her Training In Boulder