1. Why does it take 4 of you to shop for groceries?
2. How many hours a day do you spend in the la-z-boys watching bass fishing on ESPN?
3. Do you save anything besides foundations?
4. Do you get mad when people call you names? Like Puddle Monkey, Foundation Saver, Hose Dragger, Nozzle Head, Smoke Eater, etc.?
5. Do you really get to put out fires and save buildings or do you spend most of your time helping clean up transients who shit all over themselves?[/quote]
1. Because sending one guy off on his own to shop would compromise crew integrity.
2. There is a lot of down time.
3. The amount of property that a we save is rather impressive. Kitchen fires, bedroom fires, basement fires happen every day in the city. They don't make the news. They're routine because we stop them before they can reduce the home to a foundation.
4. I don't get mad because I have a tremendous amount of pride in my profession.
5. We spend a lot of time & resources helping transients. Its life in the big city.