Socal vacation
Places to run near Escondido/Poway Cali?? 8/3/2012 5:16PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm going to be visiting family in socal for the next week or so and am looking to get some good training in. I have run the Lake hodges dirt path that goes out near San Pasqual a few times but I'm looking for some maybe smaller loops or other areas to run at. I'll be doing about 90 a week with the longest run being 18 miles.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great,

Cheers
Pow Way
RE: Places to run near Escondido/Poway Cali?? 8/3/2012 6:10PM - in reply to Socal vacation Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Rancho Penasquitos canyon is approx 11.5 miles roundtrip on an out and back trail. You could make it longer by running some of the mountain bike trails north towards SR56.

Rancho Santa Fe golf course trails for Sat or Sun long runs. Woodchip trails with loops around the course after running the equestrian trails through the neighborhoods.

San Pasqual is good.

8 mile Loops around Mission Bay are good, but only some portions are soft surfaces.

I always enjoyed running the beach on low tide from Del Mar Powerhouse Park south past Blacks beach into La Jolla. You can pick up the trail to head up to Torrey Pines also.

Lake Miramar in Scripps Ranch is a 5 mile paved loop marked every quarter mile. Good for tempo runs.

Mission Gorge is ok, but a little farther from Escondido.
Silence Dogood
RE: Places to run near Escondido/Poway Cali?? 8/3/2012 6:13PM - in reply to Pow Way Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why would you possibly want to vacation in Escondido? It's dirty and boring and not a fun place to be.