Quote Of The Day
“I remember warming up before the [100-yard] final in Atlanta [on June 7, 1975]. I was real anxious to see this guy everyone was talking about. I was taking practice starts and getting loose, [when] we were called to the starting line for introductions. The official goes down the line: ‘Robinson. Smith. Glance.’ When he said ‘McTear,’ everybody turns to this guy sitting up in the stands smoking a cigarette with his jeans and track shoes on. I looked up and said, You gotta be kidding me. He stepped down on the track, pulled his jeans off and ran a 9.2.”
– Harvey Glance, talking about arguably the most talented sprinter in history, USA’s Houston McTear, in a great 9,000+ word feature on him in Sports Illustrated by Michael McKnight.
Super Hot on LetsRun: The full USADA report on Alberto Salazar has been leaked - Here it is
- Holy Cow: Trevor Graham goes on an epic rant on facebook - Implies John Smith's group is dirty as hell
- The day after his world-leading 12:59 5000 Mo Farah ran 20 miles on a treadmill
- 16-yr old Tyrese Cooper runs 45.23, nearing Obea Moore's legendary 45.14!
- World records in Olympics swimming prelims - Impressive or a joke?
- Is Katinkha Hosszu a doper or the Caster Semenya of women's swimming?