Quote Of The Day
“I think about 30 seconds before the gun went off I felt this rush come over me and it was like, ‘What have I done to myself? What am I getting myself into? Oh well, I can’t turn back now, I’m sitting here at the front of the race.’ …”
“… Those last three miles were scary. I didn’t know where anyone was behind me. I couldn’t even hear anyone. I could hear the crowd. It was really loud. The crowd was really intense right there and I just pushed, hoping no one would catch me.”
– 2014 US Marathon champion Tyler Pennel talking about his thoughts ahead of and during his marathon debut. Pennel won with 2:13:32, running big negative splits of 1:07:48 and 1:05:44.
- Why can Deena Run 2:19 but Shalane can't????
- One Run Wonders?
- Why the hell is nobody talking about Bekele and Kipchoge?
- WTF?!? Ultrarunner Reza Baluchi aborts attempt to run from Florida to Bermuda after 70 miles
- Marielle Hall beat at Paul Short by former D3 athlete
- 1:08:59 Half - Did I run 68 or 69?