Quote Of The Day
“Christmas in Kenya is certainly a different experience than it is in America. I wish I could say it wasn’t commercialized, but it is, just in uniquely Kenyan ways. Just as airfares in America spike for the Holidays, so do transport costs in Kenya – to the point of price gouging. On certain routes the fares can easily double, and sometimes worse.”
“Hawkers on the streets go into overdrive trying to convince passersby that Christmas won’t be complete without another cheap piece of Chinese plastic or a pirated copy of the latest shoot-’em-up movie. Supermarkets are packed; flour, sugar, bread and sodas can be in short supply.”
– 2-time USARC champ Janet Bawcom blogging about spending Christmas in Kenya.
- 13 Years into the 21st century, guess who has the fastest Track Mile time out of all humans!?
- my sister bought me a Runner's World subscription for Christmas
- 2013 Letsrun.com awards
- Evidence that the moon may be an artificial structure. Quite compelling, actually.
- What are you doing for your Christmas run?
- Review about Once A Runner on Amazon