I started a running streak on Jan 1st not knowing we'd be adding twin babies in October. Between family, work, grad school, and moving homes, this was the busiest year of my life. Not a great time to try my first streak. I thought I'd be done by middle of October, but here i am 11 days out from making it through 2016. Here's what i learned along the way:
- I don't need to waste time warming up. I had limited time and would lace up and go. I used to have a 20 min routine. Sucker.
- Using a jogging stroller is the equivalent of doing speed work.
- More running (frequency and distance) = less injuries for me.
- I mentally need running as a release.
- I was a huge p_$$y before this year.
If you're looking for a sure fire way keep yourself committed to running consistently, give a streak a shot for 2017.