Dogs only serve a few functions, so we don't need as many breeds as we have. We can more than get by with these ten.
1. Lab - retriever and pet and drug sniffing and seeing eye
2. Malinois- drug sniffing and guard dog
3. Brittany - pet and small pointer
4. Malamute - sled dog
5. German Shorthair - big pointer
6. Beagle - small pet, rabbit hunting, drug sniffing
7. Australian Cattle Dog - pet, herding, agility competition
8. Jack Russell - if you want a whiny dog who catches rats
9. Bloodhound - need to track stuff
10. English Setter - good all around dog, but we could cull this and just have a Brittany and a list of 9.
If you own any other breeds, I'm sorry but your dog stinks.