Bad Wigins
Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 3:30AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Supposed 19-year-old has gone from 13:21 in Eugene to 12:59 last Saturday.
Bad Wigins
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 3:53AM - in reply to Bad Wigins Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
And I bet you didn't know John Ngugi, of all people, holds the meet record for the mile!
rupp-certified saladbar
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 3:57AM - in reply to Bad Wigins Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Bad Wigins wrote:

Supposed 19-year-old has gone from 13:21 in Eugene to 12:59 last Saturday.

Wow. At this rate we could see a 12:37 by August.
jjjjjjjjj
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 5:34AM - in reply to Bad Wigins Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I question your premise. He was allegedly born December 20, 1994. He's just over 18 1/2, by that lie. He ran 13:03 in 2011 and 13:01 or so last year. So, in his teens, he has supposedly improved just 4 seconds in two years. He's almost certainly in his low to mid 20s. But the last race was a great solo effort and in a very fast race with people to draft off, he'll surely challenge the spurious Junior World Record set, I think, by Isaiah Koech at around 12:49/50, setting possibly a new spurious WJR.
WJR
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 6:00AM - in reply to jjjjjjjjj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
5000m WJR is Gebrhiwet from last year in Paris (12:47).
Bad Wigins
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 2:13PM - in reply to jjjjjjjjj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I called it! Right behind Soi's WL!

The point's not what he ran last year, but his progression this year which pointed to something very fast today. With better weather it might have been in the 12:40's.

Farah was ducking that Soi/Rop combo cause he knew it would be quick.
redux
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 2:16PM - in reply to Bad Wigins Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
And if you were wrong would you have dug this up to say that you were wrong? I've been eating a paleo diet the last few days.
jjjjjjjjj
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 2:19PM - in reply to WJR Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
thanks for the update on gebrhiwet's totally false wjr. I'd think Rop could go sub 12:50 but sub 12:47 is tough. Hope whatever's going on at 1500m in monaco transfers to 5000m.
doctor teeth
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 2:28PM - in reply to Bad Wigins Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I brought this up earlier in the week in the thread about the race where they didn't even mention his name in the title:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=5290378&page=1
Bad Wigins
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 3:07PM - in reply to doctor teeth Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

doctor teeth wrote:

I brought this up earlier

Yes, I didn't notice Rop until I was picking my fantasy league team. Nobody seemed to pay any attention to him, he sneaked right under the 5000 radar.
geronnnnimoe
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 3:23PM - in reply to Bad Wigins Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Bad Wigins wrote:

I called it! Right behind Soi's WL!

You called nothing. A guy who basically soloed a 12:59 the week before. You said to watch out for him. Thank you Captain Obvious.
Bad Wigins
RE: Watch out for Albert Rop in Monaco 7/19/2013 4:14PM - in reply to geronnnnimoe Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

geronnnnimoe wrote:
You called nothing. A guy who basically soloed a 12:59 the week before. You said to watch out for him. Thank you Captain Obvious.

I called it. You probably babbled some meaningless crap about Rupp, Lagat or Longosiwa, you bucket of stale baboon shit.

Rop is gonna medal at the WC if he is brave enough. He was the one that held the pace under 62 in the late stages.