Quote Of The Day
“When I was a freshman in college, we measured it out in the sand one day and we were just like, No way. No way anybody jumped this far. It’s one of the greatest athletic feats ever. To break the record by as far as he did, it’d be like [Usain] Bolt going out there and running like, 9.2. It was kind of like what? Are you kidding me?”
– Long jump world record holder Mike Powell talking about the 8.90m world record that was set by Bob Beamon at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics. It would be just 8 years after Powell’s freshman year when he’d break the record himself with an 8.95m jump.
- Jakob Ingebrigtsen new threshold speed. between 21-22 km/h (half marathon under 1h as 18y)
- Course cutter Inquirer
- Running requires no skill
- gave up alcohol for 3 months and..... nothing happened
- What are you most sick and tired of about running: run Forrest run? Are you a marathoner? Chariots of Fire theme? Other?
- Did anyone else have Eliud's 4:38 marathon pace exceed their mile PR?
- 50 years ago, Bob Beamon made history. Where does his performance rank on list of greatest singular sports performances?
- Moving to Seattle - never been there before. Tell me what I'm in for?
- Allie Kieffer salary
- What's the best strategy to beat sit-n-kickers like Centro or Farah?
- I ate Burger King's new "nightmare burger" for dinner last night. Sure enough, had a horrible nightmare... can I sue?
- Joe West appreciation thread - Despite what all the Astros fans and idiots on TBS are saying, he got the call right