Quote Of The Day
“The reviews from my first Olympics were really good and I realized that the things people liked about my broadcasting were things I had planned for. I had already figured out Bolt was going to crush everyone, so I subscribed to the Al Michaels and Bryant Gumbel school of sports broadcasting. I know how much those guys prepare. I also know how iconic ‘Do You Believe in Miracles’ is in this country, and I knew Bolt was going to win big in Beijing … so I wanted to be ready to say something that stood the test of time. I knew once he crossed the finish line he would have to run around the turn, and I wanted the audio to go with the visual, so I came up with, ‘The 100 meter dash is run in a straight line, but Usain Bolt has just turned the corner and the line starts behind him.’ I’m not smart enough to think something like that up in the five seconds after he’s run. Instead I visualized the ending and then figured out how to get there.”
– Ato Boldon talking about how he pre-wrote his TV commentary two weeks ahead of time for when Usain Bolt ran a world record to take 100m gold at the 2008 Olympics.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Powells leave Oregon, take over at University of Washington
- Rumor: E.Mutai and Biwott amongst the Pacers in Berlin Marathon ! +others
- RIP: Xavier 'Dag' Samuels - coach of 400h DL champ Kyron McMaster - killed by Hurricane Irma in Tortola
- Didn't get recruited because too slow, beat whole team
- Ritzenhein Is wrong Mo will never be an elite marathoner
- Do you take water on a two hour (18-20mi) run?
- Why do elite runners see chiropractors if they have been proven full of it by medical associations?
- How old did you feel at 40? Old farts only.
- My 8 year old is a prodigy. Ran an amazing 5k today. How to cash in on that? How to maximize his talent?
- Official 2017 5th Avenue Mile Discussion Thread - Simpson v Coburn + King Ches makes his pro debut Live on NBC 130 east