Quote Of The Day
“The first time I ran with them. I was like, I’m not gonna be the asshole that comes in here and kicks these guys’ asses. And someone five meters back yelled, ‘Hey, Pretty Boy! You better run! You didn’t come here to talk!’ They called me Pretty Boy because I shaved my legs – … Just chirping, ‘Pretty Boy, Pretty Boy!’ and I’m thinking, I’m dead! What do I do? So I went back into the pack and introduced myself, and the guy was like, ‘I wanna tell you something. If you don’t run hard, you won’t be welcome back. They might let you in, but you won’t be welcome back.'”
“… After I won, that’s when I saw the real race is for second. Rock and Johnny Ace are racing. … So I’m kind of rooting them both on. And Rock’s leading leading leading, and then Johnny just outkicks him. You’ve seen Rock, he’s tatted up, he looks like a bad dude. And he was crying. He wasn’t hiding. It was just raw emotion. He was just stripped. So I went over to tell him, ‘Hey man, good race. What’s the matter?’ He said, ‘I hate losing!'”
– Former Nike pro and four-minute miler Ben Andrews talking about his experience racing against inmates at the Oregon State Penitentiary in 2000. The 40+ year-old running club, started by Steve Prefontaine and later coached by Bill Dellinger and Dick Brown, includes 130 members who train daily and run races monthly in the prison yard.
- What is your Early Season Individual NCAA Top 15
- 2015 Berlin Preview: Will the WR fall? Will the 39-year old Canadian record? What about the 4 Americans?
- Hoka One One crushes the competition - Hoka is by far the most popular shoe at Western States 100
- Good article on Matt Llano living and training with Shalane Flanagan as he prepares for Sunday's Berlin Marathon
- College training paces, coach wants me at 6:00-15
- Vin Lananna is surprised World Indoors isn't sold out - isn't sure if Salazar/Rupp doping allegations are to blame
- "75% of college-age men use PEDs"???