Quote Of The Day
“I bought a bunch of things like different kinds of compression socks and electrical stimulation therapy machines that looked like they’d be effective. I’m sure some of the stuff I bought was probably useless, but I’m not really in a situation where I can complain about that … I spent thousands of dollars on all of it, so now I have to go win some prize money in an overseas race.”
– Japan’s Yuki Kawauchi talking about spending a ton of money ordering rehab equipment online trying to recover from an ankle injury which had been bothering him since December. Something seems to have worked as he won a half in 1:04:41 this weekend. A lot better than the 1:13:36 he hobbled through last month.
- What song title would best describe your life up until now?
- Should Mo Farah's stride be changed?
- NY Times: Want to keep exercising? Don't get married, don't have kids, and get divorced if you are married
- Sara Hall blogs about her marathon debut
- Bob Larsen on Ryan Hall: "I think he could have run close to a 2:10 (marathon) in high school."