Quote Of The Day
“Mr. Obama looked me directly in the eye. ‘You have a gift,’ he said. ‘You were born with a body that was meant to run long distances, more than the average human.'”
“I was taken aback. Right away I knew what I wanted to say in response … but dare I risk embarrassing my brother and disagree with Mr. Obama? … I couldn’t help myself – I added that my performance in the sport is actually a result of hard work, motivation and support from my community. This was not the answer the President wanted to hear.”
“‘No, no,’ he said, ‘Your body is able to flush out lactic acid better than the average person – running is what you were born to do.’ Mr. Obama’s energy and tone were so confident and convincing that he could have told me the moon is really made out of cheese and I would have agreed with him.”
– Alexi Pappas blogging about her meeting with President Obama and how her conversation with him made her analyze the hard work vs. talent debate.
Super Hot on LetsRun: 3 Teams Break 4x800 World Record in One Race and Hoka One One NY/NJ Track Club Is Your New 4x800 World Record Holders
- RIP Van Townsend: Share Your Respects Here
- Nick Symmonds to make 3000m Indoor Debut - How fast will he go?
- Ever done a run IN your house?
- What "community" is worse: Cyclists or Runners?
- Pablo Solares runs 3:56.86 at Armory in race where 2nd place was 4:20!!
- Chris Derrick talks big: "I think I can run with anyone in the world."
- Wore skinnier jeans for the first time...
- My roommates keep the thermostat at 60. I prefer it 65-68. What to do?