Quote Of The Day
“This is, for me, finding myself again through running. I think I’ve found a balance. I’ve found I can do things in my life for reasons beyond just being successful. … I think back on why I didn’t run for so long. I didn’t want to have to deal with running slower. I didn’t want to have to deal with people saying, ‘Are you going to run this race? How fast are you running?’ Now I’m O.K. If I went out and ran nine-minute miles, I don’t have to prove myself to anybody. I’m 44.”
“… When you see people cross a half marathon finish line in 2 hours 45 minutes with tears in their eyes, you kind of get it. When I was 25, I didn’t get it. I really didn’t. I get it now.”
– Bob Kennedy talking about rediscovering running as an amateur runner, 10 years after DNFing in his marathon debut at the 2004 NYC Marathon. After that race, he didn’t run a step for years and gained 50 lbs., but now at 44 years old, he’s back at it now looking to run in the 3:20-3:30 range on Sunday.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Cam Levins SMASHES 43 year-old Canadian record with a 2:09:22 !!!
- Bob Kennedy is back! Running NYC. Hoping to run...
- How Would You Have Trained Caroline Wozniacki for the NYC Marathon?
- Flotrack guys caught reading LRC on clip?
- Senator sought taxpayers’ money to help her to carry out a ‘freaky’ extra-marital sexual tryst with Ato Boldon
- Anyone get depressed seeing that past competitors have stopped?
- Legally blind albino XC runner is excelling in NJ
- Ridiculous Uniform Controversy at CO State Meet