Quote Of The Day
“I started as a wrestler and you can imagine that that was a fairly typical jock world, full of lots of slogans and yelling. I got talked into going out for cross country in ninth grade, ostensibly to ‘get in shape’ for wrestling. … The coach was totally different. He was eccentric and he was funny and we were relaxed. All that yelling and putting people down never existed. When it was over, I continued to wrestle, but I thought, ‘This (XC) is a lot cooler, to tell you the truth.’ So that’s what Ed Mather did: he made it fun.”
– Mark Wetmore, the active coach with the most NCAA cross-country team titles, talking about how he got his start in the sport in 9th grade under the tutelage of Ed Mather.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Cam Levins SMASHES 43 year-old Canadian record with a 2:09:22 !!!
- 15-time NCAA xc All-American Drew Graham (Adams St) has broken his neck and needs your help
- Lonely wife marathoner recounts how she used rage, sexual frustration, cigarettes, and wine to train for her first marathon
- Nick Symmonds book excerpt, you're gonna want to read this!
- Not good: Cross Country coach arrested for driving drunk - athletes in van, on way to meet